ONE

One Stalking Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Say what’s somebody like you doing in a place like this?

Say did you come alone, or did you bring all your friends?

If we ever meet again, Timbaland/Katy Perry

 

Baekhyun knew better than to walk. He sure knew better. But why the hell is he now walking his way home, four freakin’ blocks away from the company where he works when he could’ve just taken a cab? He knew better than to walk especially when it’s one October night and the wind on his ears and nose is starting to get chilly at fifteen minutes past seven.

What made him think that four blocks away means a little more than a hundred steps?  It’s not much of a walk but it can get pretty much tiring when he haven’t got a good, satisfying rest in weeks and when his phone is vibrating furiously, sending uncomfortable shivers on the side of his pants. He yanked the phone out and looked at the message.

Hyung where are you? You left your wallet next to the TV, hope you can come home safe, was what Sehun said.

He mumbled incoherently as he half walk, half run because the chilly wind is now getting all over the back of his shirt. He cannot afford to get colds or worse, sore throat right now. He knew better, he is sure. But why the hell did he get out of the house without a jacket and a wallet? Only a piece of crumpled bill on his pocket, and a useless cell phone and a cap to go with it.

The darkness of the young night is now concealing his features and he hopes he will not get recognized. He cannot be recognized. He bowed a bit too low when he passed a bunch of schoolgirls littering in front of a convenience store. He isn’t so much used to the streets he is walking right now but he hopes he won’t get lost.

He rubbed his palms on his shoulders as he mumbles a silent thank God upon seeing the familiar gates of the SMEnt dorm. Finally he can eat, get warmed up and rest. He took a couple of stairs and not so far away, he could hear Chanyeol shouting at Kai for placing a box of shoes on top of some carton labeled fragile. He rolled his eyes, much less the same argument they have over and over again when they move. He didn’t know that being 1/12 of EXO involves moving so much. They hadn’t stayed in a permanent residence in months, EXO-M moved to China now and their manager thought that the condo unit is too big for just the six of them and they ended up moving onto some SMEnt dorm. It wasn’t bad at all, but just the thought of cleaning, unpacking clothes and trying to get used to a new home gave Baekhyun another wave of stress.

 

He had never been good at numbers or memorizing, but he is quite sure he opened the right door. “Home” he muttered to no one in particular as he struggles slowly to take off his shoes. On the living room is a sleepy-eyed Suho, cross-legged on the couch and a tangle of Dr Dre Beats and iPod beside him. He gave the younger man a silent nod as he pored over some papers. Baekhyun collapsed on the sofa. He was surrounded by boxes and luggage and more boxes but he decided he needs to take a nap, just some rest before helping the others fix the new house.

From the kitchen, he could hear Kai reasoning that a box of shoes will not do any harm to a bunch of porcelain plates, then Chanyeol said something about the plates b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter