Chapter 7 - Reaction

Baby You Are My Star

 

 

Jay stood there in complete shock. 3 of the 6 words you had shouted at him repeated in his head. I like you. However his train of thought was broken when Bae started talking.

‘I can’t believe you Jay. You have no right to be angry at her. Do you realize how much she has suffered because of you? How dare you say she’s the one that’s been on and off? How do you think she feels? Having to watch the one person she feels the most strongly about lie to her. Do you think that feels good?’ He said in an accusing voice. Jay looked at him.

‘What?’ He replied. Bae huffed and picked up his bag.

‘If your going for coffee with Min Hee tell her instead of making up excuses’ he said in a calmer voice and walked out. Jay stood there covering his face with his hands. How could he do this to you? Min Hee put a hand on his shoulder.

‘Its okay Jay its not your fault its ___________. She’s just being selfish’ She spoke into his ear. He shrugged her hand off his shoulder and turned to her.

‘No! None of this is her fault. It’s yours. I was gonna tell her how I felt but then I fell into your trap. You manipulated me into changing everything because you know I can’t say no to anyone and now she thinks I’m a total . You’ve always been like that since the day I met you. I was so dumb to even think about letting you join this dance group’ He yelled, ‘I need to go and find her’. He ran as fast as he could out of the room leaving Min Hee stood there, her eyes wide.

‘NOBODY KEEPS ME FROM GETTING WHAT I WANT. IF I CAN’T HAVE YOU THEN SHE CAN’T’ She screamed.

Jay burst through the doors at the entrance and frantically searched the street. He pulled out his phone and dialed your number. He knew it off by heart from the many times he had lay there at night wanting to call you and express his feelings but he was just too nervous of what you would say. It rang and rang and rang and rang until it went to voicemail. He let out a frustrated sigh and ran in the direction of your home. He went down the same route he had taken in his car the first night he had asked you if you needed a ride home. He wanted to make sure you got home safely so he followed behind you in his car to make sure nothing bad happened to you. His lungs were burning but he carried on going. He needed to make this right. He needed you to smile again. He loved it when you smiled. It would brighten his day no matter what mood he was in. His knees would go weak and his whole body would feel like jello. Seems you both had the same effect on each other without even knowing. He dialed your number again while running. Again it went to voicemail.

‘Just pick up please’ he pleaded to himself. He arrived at your building and headed straight for the stairs. The elevator would be too slow. He took in a deep breath as he neared your door hesitating before knocking.

‘Please be here’ He whispered to himself. It took a few seconds but he heard shuffling on the other side of the door. The door opened and you stood there looking down at the floor.

‘What’ You mumbled. Jay looked at you with apologetic eyes.

‘_____________ I know from what I’ve put you through this week this is the last thing you want to hear me say but I like you too. Well I don’t just like you I love you. Every time I see you it makes my day 10 million times better. Your smile is so contagious and beautiful I can’t help but smile myself when I see it. Your just so perfect in every way’ He said and scratched the back of his neck, his face turning a little red. No matter how upset you had been you couldn’t help but smile at his sudden confession. You looked up at him and he was looking at the ground. You could tell he was a little embarrassed from expressing his true feelings to you. You opened the door wider and slowly walked forward wrapping your arms around him. Hugging him tightly. He tensed up a little shocked by your actions but soon enough he relaxed and hugged you back. You stayed like that for a few seconds before speaking.

‘I know none of this is your fault Jay. I’m sorry for calling you dumb. You really aren’t. I just got so jealous seeing how close Min Hee was getting to you and I just got so angry at that fact. I felt like I was loosing you. One thing I just want closure on though Jay is why did you lie that you had work’ He your hair.

‘Truth is I noticed that your mood had changed since Min Hee had joined then when I gave her a ride home she asked me if I wanted to get coffee and you know what I’m like I cant say no. So I didn’t want you to get any wrong ideas so I lied’ He confessed. You nodded understandingly. You got his logic, ‘There’s no need for you to apologize. I was stupid the way I treated you was terrible and I’d take it all back if I could. I’m just glad we got our feelings out’ He smiled ‘So ____________ will you be –my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend my girl-‘ You laughed at his attempt to incorporate his song into the question. You nodded.

‘Of course I will Jay’ You answered still giggling a little. You were that happy you thought you were going to burst.