Chapter 3 - Hurt

Baby You Are My Star

It was 4:06 by the time you got to the studio. You ran up the stairs as fast as you could without spilling Jay’s drink and entered the practice room. To your surprise it was empty. Where the hell is everybody you thought. However your eyes fell on Jay’s bag and you realized he must have just stepped out for a minute.

You placed his drink down on the floor next to his bag and sat yourself leaning against the mirror.

About 5 minutes had past and you were too immersed in what was happening on your screen to notice the person that had just walked in.

‘Excuse me but who are you’ An unfamiliar voice questioned. You looked up to find a perfectly shaped female standing at the door. Her hair was long and waved and her eyes heavily caked with make up. She stood there with her hands on her hips with a smug look on her face. You had never met her in your life but you knew you already hated her. The way she eyed you up and down. The way she arrogantly spoke to you. She was just one of those girls that looked like they needed a slap.

‘Erm my name is ____________, Why? Who are you?’ You spoke. She tutted and rolled her eyes. You could have easily gone over and punched her in the face right there but you held back.

‘My name is none of your business and this room is reserved for Jay Park so I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave’ She said with a slightly raised voice. You couldn’t help but chuckle to yourself. Was this serious?

‘Well Miss My-name-is-none-of-your-business I’ve been coming here to dance for the past 2 years WITH Jay Park. So you can go yourself. Kay’ You said with as much sarcasm as you could put into one sentence. Her eyes widened and she was about to argue back when the man himself walked in behind her.

‘Oh so you’ve already introduced yourselves’ He called to the both of you. You laughed.

‘You could say that’ You replied while standing, handing Jay his Americano. Which was probably nearly cold by now. He took it from your hands and brought it up to his lips. He rummaged around in his bag bringing out his wallet.

‘How much do I owe you _________’ He asked. You shook your head at him.

‘Its on me don’t worry about it’ You said. Flattered that he still offered to pay for it. His face formed into a soft expression before replying.

‘What? Are you sure? I can’t just let you pay for it’ He exclaimed.

‘No seriously Jay it’s not like it cost a million dollars’ You smiled. Pushing his hands away. He smiled and pulled you into his embrace.

‘Awww thanks _________. You’re the best. Your too good to me’ He shouted. You face was on fire due to the sudden contact. Oh how it felt great to be this close to him. Your heart beat 10 thousand times a minute and your knees went weak. However it didn’t last long. You heard the smug woman clear in annoyance before speaking.

‘Excuse me I am still here you know’ You looked at her with a disgusted expression before Jay pulled away. He laughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck.

‘Oh erm right ___________ this is Min Hee, she’ll be joining us starting today. This is what I wanted to talk to you about’ Jay explained. Your face fell completely. Why? Of all people WHY her. Why couldn’t he have picked a nice innocent girl or another guy for that matter. Why did god hate you so much? I mean I know you never went to church and you cursed a lot but your not a murderer. You screamed to yourself in your head. You glared at her trying to burn holes in her stupid face. Jay looked at his watch.

‘The guys should be here any minute’ He said and as if by magic they all burst through the door, shouting and screaming and just generally being loud. At least there was still something to look forward to. Hopefully the guys would cheer you up.

Jay plugged the CD player in and got to the right song. You were all getting to your places when Min Hee pushed passed you and stood at the front. In your place. You gave a confused look as did the rest of the guys.

‘Hey ___________. Isn’t that your spot’ Bae whispered to you. You nodded back and just stepped to the side of the dance studio. You were confused but you didn’t question anything. Jay looked at you like he had just remembered something.

‘Oh yeah __________. We had to change things a bit to add Min Hee to the equation’ He laughed, ‘I thought it would work best if you were here’. He came over and gently pushed you to a spot at the back between Bae and Hyo. You couldn’t believe this. Being pushed to the back. Did Jay really think that little of you? You didn’t just feel angry or confused, you felt hurt. How long have you been in this dance group? How many dances had you created with these guys? Your place was next to Jay. It always had been. Everyone new it and no one complained so what gave this Hee Nim woman the right to change that.

You had to calm down. You took a deep breath and got yourself ready for the first beat. Its alright you though at least the dance hadn’t been changed…