Chapter 5 - Day Off

Baby You Are My Star

 

 

Your phone lit up and started playing the chorus of Hey You by CNBLUE or in other words your alarm sound. You half opened your eyes and felt around your bedside table for it. You shut off the music and tried to adjust your eyes to the brightness of the room. You got out of bed and opened the curtains. The rain had cleared up and was replaced by the beautiful sunshine.

‘Ahh perfect weather for a day off’ You grinned to yourself. You opened the window just to check the temperature before deciding what to wear. It was warm but more towards jacket weather. You found your best pair of skinny jeans and your FUBU jumper that you had been meaning to wear for some time now. You showered and dressed before picking up your phone.

‘Hmm I wonder what Jay’s doing today’ you thought out loud. You got his number up and pressed the glowing green call button. As it rang you found yourself getting a bit nervous. What would you say? You really should have thought about this before going ahead with it.

‘Hello’ Jay answered. Oh thank god he didn’t sound sleepy. I mean it was 10 but still. Jay had a reputation of being a bit lazy.

‘Hey its ___________ I was just wondering if you wanted to go grab a coffee or something’ You replied sounding slightly awkward. He paused for a second.

‘Oh uhm I can’t today I’ve got some work to finish. I’m sorry __________. How about we do it Thursday before practice, I’ll buy’. He asked. You heart dropped a little but you soon brushed it off knowing you’d have him to yourself on Thursday morning.

‘Oh no worries Jay I’ll just ask Bae. But I’ll definitely hold you to that’ you replied again trying not to sound too disappointed, ‘I’ll see you Thursday then Jay’.

‘See ya’ he said and hung up. You looked at your phone and sighed. Bae it is then.

Luckily Bae was free and agreed to meet up with you. You walked through the streets occasionally gazing into shops. You took a sip of your coffee and turned your attention to Bae.

‘So, is there anywhere you would like to go’ you asked. He shrugged his shoulders.

‘I don’t know you’re the one who asked me to come out with you’ he replied. You scoffed.

‘Fine then I won’t ask you next time’ you said and looked away from him crossing your arms over your chest. You two were always like this. Bickering at each other like a married couple. You were always that comfortable around him to just let loose and express yourself. He poked your side making you flinch.

‘I’m joking, I’m joking. Can we go in there’ He smiled. You had to smile back he was just too cute. You walked in and you were hit in the face by all the testosterone. This shop had to be the manliest shop in the world. You followed silently behind Bae as he weaved in and out of the racks of clothing avoiding butch men. You kept your eyes on Bae’s back, afraid that if you looked at any of the other men wrongly they’d come over and kick your . Bae stopped in front of some t-shirts, nothing to flashy just your average tee with random prints. You moved closer to him.

‘Bae, do we have to stay in here? I keep getting looks from the men’ You asked. He looked at you and laughed. He took hold of your hand and replied.

‘Just pretend you’re my girlfriend while were here and they won’t bother you’ You blushed. Even though there were no feelings shared in that way between the two of you, you couldn’t help but go slightly red. ‘Its okay ___________ you can still have Jay when we get out of here’ He laughed. You punched his arm and he rubbed it while continuing to laugh.

You’d been out for a good few hours and your stomach was starting to grumble. You stopped and rubbed it.

‘Hey should we grab something to eat’ You called. Bae looked at you and nodded enthusiastically.

‘I thought you’d never ask’ He smiled.

‘Why didn’t you ask if you were hungry, silly boy’ You questioned. He looked at you and shrugged. You pushed him to the nearest place that sold food. It was a large café with little booths around the sides of the room. You scanned the room for a free table when your eyes landed on something you wish you hadn’t seen. You stopped and stared for a second. Making sure what you saw was right and your eyes weren’t deceiving you. But to your disappointment you were correct. Jay sat there laughing along to whatever Min Hee had said, which was probably something dumb or irrelevant. Bae turned towards you to see your sudden change of mood. He nudged you slightly as a sign of asking what’s up. You broke your gaze and looked up at him as tears rolled down your cheeks.

‘I’m not hungry anymore Bae’ You said and silently made your way out of the café.