CL - Chapter 7

College Life[On Hiatus]

Chapter 7

 

~~five days later~~

 

For the group, Thursday came quicker than they thought it would. For the past five days, though she talked to him, Samona barely looked at Henry. Still very embarrassed about the conversation from Saturday’s dinner, Samona found it hard to look at Henry without turning red. Henry, being just as embarrassed as Samona was, still didn’t really like the fact that she wouldn’t look at him.

 

The flirting between the two also stopped. Noticing this, Minako bugged Samona about confessing to Henry. For the first three days, of endless pleading from her, Samona only replied with no. On the fourth day, panicking that Thursday was the very next day, Minako threaten that she’ll cry if Samona didn’t. It is what Minako usually did to make Samona do something. And of course like she suspected, Samona finally agreed.

 

While Minako had trouble all four days trying to convince Samona, the guys on the other hand had no problem convincing Henry. When he complained about Samona not looking at him, the guys decided to use that against him. And make him believe that it is necessary for him to confess to Samona.  Though it was easy convincing him that he should confess, they had to keep him believing that he needed to.

 

Now that it was finally Thursday, the group sighed in relief. Knowing that Samona and Henry had their one-on-one violin lesson scheduled today, they wanted to make sure that the two actually went along with the confessions. While Samona and Henry grew more nervous as the countdown for the lesson grew closer, the other cheered the clock to go faster. Some of them nearly screaming out with joy when the final class ended for the day.

 

While Samona and Henry left their last class to go to the auditorium, the group met up themselves. “Does anyone know which auditorium that met in?” Eunhyuk asks. When others shake their heads, Kibum lifts his hand. “I think Henry mentioned once that they practice in the small auditorium.” he says.

 

With that, the group walks off toward the small auditorium. “Oh yeah.” Siwon says making some of the others look at him. As they walk, he digs through his bag until he pulls out a camcorder. He then puts his bag back on right. “I was talking to Heechul and Leeteuk earlier this morning. Since they won’t be here with us to make sure that Samona and Henry go through with the confessions, Heechul wanted someone to film it so they can see it later.” Siwon states.

 

“I wish I had thought of that earlier.” Kyuhyun says receiving the camcorder from Siwon. Not long after, the group arrived at the building that withheld their destination. After checking to make sure that Samona or Henry weren’t in sight, they walked into the building. Walking through the building, they tried to move as silently as they can.

 

Luckily without running into anyone, the group found themselves in front of the auditorium doors. Opening one of the doors slowly, they thanked the school for taking care of the buildings and making sure that the doors didn’t squeak. As they silently slip into auditorium, they notice Samona and Henry standing on the stage, setting their equipment up. Staying low, the group moves quickly to the seats.

 

While Donghae, Siwon, Kyuhyun, Minako, and Zhoumi sat in the 8th row, Eunhyuk, Kibum, Sungmin, Ryeowook, and Akani planted themselves in the 7th row. Lucky for them, the lights in the auditorium was dim and they only lights on, were the ones above stage. But to make sure they wouldn’t be seen, they slumped in their seats. While waiting for the two on stage to finish setting up, Kyuhyun turns on the camcorder. After making sure that the video would come out clear from the row, he turns it off.

 

~~45 minutes later~~

 

For the past almost hour, the group sat in silence watching the two on stage as they do their lesson. “Okay I think you performed that song well.” Henry states as he flips through the book of music. “Now onto the last song.” he says. In reply, Samona sighs loudly. “Ugh, I hate doing this song. I’m not good at it. That one part.” she says. “I always mess up.” she adds. Henry shrugs. “And that’s why we practice.” he states making Samona pout. “It’ll be okay, I’ll help you on the part that you can’t get right.” Henry says smiling.

 

In the audience, Kyuhyun looks at Minako. “She messes up on one part?” he asks her in a whisper. Minako nods. “Yeah, when she practices at home, she always makes the same error. I found it a little funny just because of the way she sulks every time she messes up.” she says. Kyuhyun shrugs and turns the camcorder on. “I so have to get her sulking on camera.” he says as he positions the camcorder so that it had a clear view before pressing the record button just as Samona begin to play.

 

At first the group couldn’t see anything wrong with how she was playing. Minako, spite the nice way her sister was playing, plugged her ears soon. The others look at her not understanding, until a high screeching noise filled their ears, making them mimic Minako’s actions. Luckily for them, after a moment, the playing return to normal and Samona finishes the song.

 

When she finishes, Samona looks at Henry. “See!” she says. “Why do you keep making me do this song?” she asks making an overdramatic sad face. Henry lets out a laugh. “It’ll be okay, you’ll get It.” he says. Samona sighs. “Why can’t we just do a different song?” she asks. Henry looks at her. “Because you can’t just ignore something just because it seems too hard.” he says. Samona looks at him and blinks before looking away, blushing. “Yeah, I guess.” she says.

 

“So how are you going to help me play this part right?” Samona asks. Henry shrugs. “I don’t get why you’re getting it wrong.” he says. Samona sighs. “You’re no help.” she says making Henry laugh again. He then picks up his own violin. “Okay, I’ll be helpful. For me to help you with this part we’re going to slow it down a little. That way I can find out that you’re doing wrong.” he says.

 

“Okay first,” he starts as he placing his violin up on his shoulder. “Listen closely. I’ll play the part the correct way.” he says. To that he receives an ‘oh thanks’ from Samona, making him laugh again. “Okay, listen.” he says before playing the piece. As he plays, Samona watches him. Halfway thinking about how Henry’s able to play the piece, halfway thinking about how handsome he looks as he plays the violin.

 

As Henry finishes, Samona sighs. “So, Oh Great One, how are you going to get me to play the piece somewhat as great as that?” she asks, waving her hands a little flamboyantly as she says ‘Oh Great One’. Henry smiles. “Thanks, and as I said, we’re going to take it slow.” he says. Samona raises a brow as she looks at him. “And that means…?” she asks. Henry sits his violin down. “I want you to play the piece again.” he says. Just as Samona was about to oppose, Henry raises his hand.

 

“Let me finish.” he says. “I want you to play that certain part again. But this time slower. That way it’ll help me find out what you might be doing wrong.” Henry states. Samona nods. “Okay, I guess that’ll work.” she says. Henry nods. “It will. Now go on.” he says. Samona nods as she lifts the violin onto her shoulder. After letting out a breath she begins to play the piece again but slower. As she plays, Henry leans on the podium in front of him and watches her every move.

 

When she finishes playing the piece, Samona lowers the violin and looks at Henry. “So what do you see wrong?” she asks. Henry stands up straight. “It seems like you’re pressing down on the wrong strings.” he says. Samona raises a brow. “Pressing on the wrong strings with what? My fingers or the bow?” she asks. Henry blinks. “Both.” he says. Samona stares at him. “Are you serious!?” she asks. Henry nods.

 

Samona groans. “Ugh. That explains why I never got it right from the beginning.” she says. “Henry, you have to help me. Show me the right strings to press.” she says. Henry nods and picks up his violin. He then motions for Samona to move closer. As she does, he moves the violin back onto his shoulder. “Okay, watch carefully.” he says. With Samona’s nod as he’s signal, he begin to play the piece again at a slower pace.

 

A few minutes, he finishes the piece and lowers his violin. “Okay, you try.” he says. Samona nods and walks back to her own podium before placing the violin back on her shoulder. After she retried playing the piece again, she looks at Henry, who shakes his head. “No, it’s still wrong.” he says. Samona takes in a breath. “Okay then, let’s try again.” she says.

 

After 15 minutes of re-watching and re-playing, Henry sighs and shakes his head once again. Groaning, Samona stomps around in a circle like a little kid making Henry smile. “Calm down Samona, you’ll get it.” he says. Samona stops and looks at him. “You’re the teacher. Why isn’t this working?” she asks. Henry shrugs. “Well, do you have any other ideas on how to help?” Samona asks.

 

Henry shakes his head. For a minute or two the two stands there thinking. Henry then looks up at Samona. “Okay, I got an idea that might work.” he says. Samona nods. “Okay, what is it?” she asks. Henry motions to her violin. “Get into position.” he orders. Nodding, Samona does as told as Henry walks toward her.

 

Henry moves to stand behind her. “Is it okay if I touch you?” he asks. Shocked by the sudden question, Samona looks at him over her shoulder. “W-what?” she asks. Henry looks back at her. “I’m not going to do anything inappropriate, if that’s what you’re thinking.” he states. Samona blushes as she turns back around and placing the violin back on her shoulder. “That’s not what I was thinking.” she states. “So anyways, as strange as it is saying this to you, yes, you have my permission to touch Me.” she says.

 

With that, Henry moves closer to Samona. “Okay, so what I was thinking is that I should use a different approach than just having you watching me play the piece.” he says. He then moves his left hand to where Samona’s rested on the neck of the violin. “Move your hand for a second.” Henry says. Samona moves her hand and Henry’s replaces hers. “Now put your hand over mine.” he says.

 

Samona does as told. Henry repeats the acts with the bow, having Samona’s right hand placed over his. “So, how is this going to help me?” Samona asks. Henry tilts his head a little. “Since you couldn’t get it by just looking, maybe feeling which strings to press at what time would help.” he explains. Samona nods slightly. “Okay, so, we’ll start off with doing the slower version. And we’ll break it into two parts.” he says. “So please pay attention, okay?” he asks. Samona just nods in response.

 

As they played the first part of the piece, Henry made sure that he moved carefully so that the part came out right. A minute later after repeating the part twice, Henry removes his hands. “Now try that part.” he says taking a step back. Samona nods and does as told. Once done she looks over her shoulder at Henry, who smiles. “See, the method is working.” he says. Smiling, Samona nods. “Yeah, I guess it does.” she says.

 

“Okay, now let’s try the second part.” Henry says stepping back up behind her. “After that we’ll put both parts together and see how you do.” he adds. Samona nods.

 

Minutes later, Samona was clapping and smiling happily. “Woo, I finally know how to play that piece.” she says. She then looks at Henry. “Thanks.” she says. Henry nods. “Well it’s my job as a teacher to make sure that you learn to play the songs right.” he says smiling. He then looks at his watch. “Oh, it’s almost time to go. We should start packing up.” he says and Samona nods.

 

In the audience, the group sighs. “These two are really something else.” Sungmin says. The others nod in agreement. “So, what now?” Ryeowook asks. The others sigh again as they watch the two on stage pack up their violins and return the podiums that they used backstage. “Well, I guess we leave. They’re packing up.” Donghae says.

 

Nodding, the others begin to rise to leave. Kyuhyun, who was still sitting, looks back to the stage where Samona stood next to a chair she was about to put away. “Umm, you guys might want to sit back down. This isn’t over.” he says. The others sit back down and turn to him. “What do you mean?” Akani asks. Kyuhyun looks at the stage, through the camera. “The look on Samona’s face.” he says.

 

The others raise a brow. “What about it?” Zhoumi asks. Kyuhyun tilts his head. “That’s the look that you see when Samona is very determined to do something.” he says. “It’s been a while, but the last time I seen that look was when she asked me out.” he adds. The others stop and look at him. “You went out with Samona?” Siwon asks.

 

Kyuhyun and Minako nods. “When we were kids.” Minako states. “They were each others’ first relationship.” she says. Kyuhyun nods. “But as you can see, it went nowhere.” he says. “After a little while, we just thought that we felt more like brother and sister. So that ended that.” he states. The others nod. “So because Samona has this look on her face, you think she’s going to confess?” Kibum asks. Kyuhyun nods. “A determined Samona can’t be beat.” he confidently says. With that the others turn and look back to the stage.

 

Samona still stood next to the chair. She stares at Henry, whose back was to her. Samona then sighs. “Hey umm…Henry.” she calls out. Henry looks over his shoulder. “Yeah, what’s up?” he asks as he stacked up the other chairs on the stage. Samona lets out another breath. “Do you like me?” she asks. Henry nods as he continued with his task. “Yeah, you’re great to be around. And you’re a great friend.” he says.

 

At that moment, Samona thought she heard a sound come from the audience seats, but knowing that she and Henry were the only ones there, so dismissed it. “Oh, umm, okay. Right… friend.” she replies a second later and looks at the ground. As he moves the chairs toward the back of the stage, Henry looks at Samona.

 

“Oh, did you mean ‘like’ as in more than just friends?” Henry asks as he walks back to the front of the stage and stops next to where his violin case sat. Lowering her head, Samona nods. “Yeah, that’s what I meant.” she says her hair covering her eyes. Truthfully, on the inside, she felt like crying, but she wasn’t going to cry here in front of him.

 

“Oh, well that’s the case my answer would be…” Henry starts. After that Samona didn’t hear his voice. Instead she heard the sound of his footstep. Wondering where he was going, Samona raises her head and looks up, only for her lips to be covered by his. Seconds later, Samona snapped out of her shock when she felt Henry’s arms wrap around her waist.

 

Pulling away, Samona looks up at Henry. “I swear to Siwon, if this is your way of saying ‘no’ I’m going to kill you, Henry.” she says. Henry lets out a small laugh and smiles. “I wouldn’t dare.” he says moving his face closer to her. “How could I say ‘no’ to you?” he asks before pressing his lips against Samona’s again. This time instead of pulling away, Samona wraps her arms around his neck, pulling his closer.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

In the audience, the group cheered as much as you can possible can without make noise or being spotted. On the stage, they see Henry and Samona break apart and move to pick up their violins cases. The group decided to use this opportunity to escape the auditorium. Once out, they ran down the halls as fast as they could and out the building, where they were finally able to cheer as loud as they could.

 

A moment later, Kyuhyun realizes that he still have the camcorder recording. He lifts the camcorder up so that the lens was facing him. “Yeah, so that’s that. They’re finally together. And you were about to see it thanks to me who said stay. You’ll find a way to reward Me.” he says into the camcorder. He then turns it toward the other. “Wave to the camera everyone.” Kyuhyun says. The group waves to the camcorder before Kyuhyun stops the recording and turns it off. He then hand the camcorder to Siwon, who placed it in his bag.

 

“Oh, we better get going, before they come out.” Zhoumi states. The others nod and the group walks away from the building. Soon the group themselves split up to go home. Since it was getting dark Siwon walked Kibum back to his dorm and Zhoumi walked Minako home.

 

 ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: *Gasp*

Another update! And so soon! :D :D XD

I'm sitting at my aunt's house and decided to steal her laptop for awhile.

So I decided to update since I don't know when I'll have another chance. (My internet is still off. -.-)

Sooo....Yay^_^

I'll update again when I get a chance.

Oh, so since I forgot to type up Chapter 5 of 'In My Life', I'll update a new chapter of 'I'm in Love With My Teacher's Assistant' instead. :D

~Samona