CL - Chapter 5

College Life[On Hiatus]

Chapter 5

It has been months since the group first witnessed Samona’s and Henry’s flirtations. And it has also been weeks since Henry became Samona’s violin teacher. And during these past months the group paid closer attention to the two. Right now the group was eating lunch. The sitting order changes a little when Samona and Henry decided that they’ll just sit on the blanket on the ground. As the group ate they talked and watched the two.

“Oh yeah, Henry, I won’t be able to have practice this week.” Samona states. Henry looks at her. “Why?” he asks. Samona looks back at him. “I’m helping and going to be part of the Music Festival.” she informs. Henry raises a brow. “The one the college is having in like two months?” he asks. Samona nods. “Yeah, they want me to perform a song. I told them sure.” she says. “So I have to meet with whoever my group will be. Plus I offered to help out with others too.” she explains. Henry nods. “Okay then. We’ll just reschedule.” he says.

Sighing, Samona leans to the side and lays her head on Henry’s shoulder. “Well, let’s see.” she says. “They need me today and tomorrow after class. But the day after that I’m free.” she adds. Henry shrugs slightly. “I have something to do that day after class. But I would be able to meet up an hour later.” he suggests. Samona nods. “That’s fine.” she says. “Oh that reminds me.” she says sitting up. Henry stops what he was doing and looks at her. “What?” he asks.

“What are you doing Saturday?” Samona asks looking at him. Henry shakes his head. “Nothing, why?” he asks. Before Samona could answer, she was interrupted. “Hey you two, it’s time to head off to class.” Sungmin informs. Nodding, Samona and Henry stand and begin to pack up. After they finished packing up, they said bye to the others before leaving to go to their class. “Okay so what’s going on Saturday?” Henry asked as they walk. Samona looks at him. “Oh right.” she says.

“Saturday, I and Minako want everyone to come over for dinner.” Samona informs. Henry nods. “Sure I’ll come.” he says. “Wait you guys have a table to fit 18 people?” he asks. Samona nods. “Remember that big empty room that we have at the house last time you came over?” she asks and Henry nods in response. “Well, we decided to turn it into a dining room.” she explains, “Sure when everyone comes over, it’ll be two tables pushed together. But there’ll be a cloth over it making it look like one.” she says and Henry laughs.

The two walk into their classroom and to their seats. As they sit down, Samona searches through her bag. After a minute she pulls out a tape recorder and stands up. “I’ll be right back.” she says. She then walks to the front of the classroom and sits her recorder on the teacher’s desk, where other students has also sat theirs. She then turns to walk back to her seat. “Hey Samona.” a voice calls. Samona turns to see a girl with dark red hair walking over to her.

“Hey Reiko.” Samona greets. “How have you been? Haven’t seen you in class for two days.” she says. Reiko shrugs. “I was a little sick so I stayed home.” she says. Samona nods. “So what’s up?” she asks. Reiko tilts her head a little. “One of my friends wants to know the relationship between you and Henry.” she says pointing behind herself. Samona looks over Reiko’s shoulder to see a group of three girls watching them. “It’s the one with the blue shirt right?” Samona asks. Reiko nods. “Yeah and she wants to know. So what’s going on between you two?” Reiko asks when Samona looks back at her.

“Between me and Henry?” Samona asks. Reiko nods. Samona looks up to the seats and up to where she sat with Henry, only to find him looking at her. Samona then looks back at Reiko. “Well you know… I’m a girl and he’s a boy. We’re ‘friends’.” she states winking at the last part. “Tell her that. Oh but also tell her that if she wants, she can ask him if he’s interested in her.” she adds. Reiko lets out a small laugh. “You are mean. But I’ll tell her.” she says. “Anyways, I’ll see you after school for the Music Festival meeting and you can tell me what’s really going on.” she says before turning and walking away.

With a smirk on her face, Samona walks back to her seat as the teacher walks to the front of the class to begin. “It had to do with me, didn’t it?” Henry asks as he writes down what the teacher was writing on the board. Samona nods. “Yep, it did.” she says. After a couple of minutes of listening to the teacher, Samona moves closer to Henry. Samona places one hand over the other on Henry’s shoulder. She then lays her chin on top of her hands. “10 o’clock, sitting next to Reiko, with the blue shirt on. She’s turned this way but seems to be talking with the person behind Reiko.” Samona whisper’s into Henry’s ear.

Henry lifts his head and looks in the direction that Samona told him. “Another one that likes me?” he asks. Samona nods slightly. “Yep. She had Reiko come and talk to me for her.” she says. Henry turns his head slightly to look at Samona. “Why go to you? What did she want to know?” he asks. Samona tilts her head a little. “Not much. Just what was going on between me and you.” she says. “I told Reiko to tell her nothing and that we’re just friends. Also that if she wants, she can ask you if you’re interested in her.” Samona states.

Henry smiles before turning back to the book on his desk. “You know I’m not. And depending on how you told Reiko this, I don’t think she will.” he says. Samona smirks and sits up. “None of them have yet.” she says.

 

~two days later~

“I bet you $10 he won’t be.” Minako says. Kyuhyun looks at her. “You’re on. Because I know he will.” he says shaking hands with Minako. Right now, they sat in their second classroom waiting for the class to begin. “There he is. Kyuhyun says pointing to the door. Minako looks at Kyuhyun. “You can’t say anything about it until it ends.” she says. Kyuhyun nods. “Okay, deal.” he says. A minute later, Henry was next to them and sitting his bag down.

“Hey Henry.” Minako greets. Henry sits down. “Hey.” he greets back. He then looks at Kyuhyun and Minako before looking to the front of the class. “Who is she talking to?” he asks. Minako and Kyuhyun looks to the front of the classroom, where Samona stood talking to a boy with light brown hair. “Oh, that’s one of the boys that she works with on the Music Festival.” Minako says. Henry nods. “Why is she talking to him?” he asks. Minako shrugs. “Probably talking about the preparations for the festival.” she says. Kyuhyun smiles and looks at Minako.

“Pay up.” he says holding out his hand. Sighing, Minako hands him $10. Henry turns to look at them. “Pay up for what?” he asks. Kyuhyun and Minako looks at him. “Oh, we made a bet.” Minako says. “I bet that you wouldn’t get jealous and Kyuhyun bet that you would.” she explains. Henry blinks. “I am not jealous.” he says. Kyuhyun lets out a small laugh. “Man, you are so jealous. It’s written all over your face.” he says. Minako nods. “He’s right. Anyone can tell.” she says. “But you have every right to be jealous, right?” she asks.

“Right… Wait what?” Henry asks looking at her. Kyuhyun and Minako looks at each other before looking at Henry. “It’s so obvious that you like Samona.” Minako states. Kyuhyun nods. “Tell her already.” he says. Henry shakes his head. “No. Other than being friends, the only relationship between me and her is that I’m her violin teacher and we like to make others who like us jealous because we don’t like them.” he says. Before Minako or Kyuhyun could reply, Samona walks over and sits down. The two then sighs.

“What’s wrong with you two?” Samona asks. The two shakes her heads. Samona looks at them a second later before turning to Henry. “We’re still on for practice later today right?” she asks. Henry nods. “Yeah, but remember we’re meeting an hour later this time.” he says. Samona nods.

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

Sorry for the late update. I was supposed to update on the 21th. >.< Because it’s getting hard for me to focus on writing the stories, I’ve decided to update one a month. And if possible I will try to update more than once. I got a job so that’s what most of my time is focused on. I try to spend my breaks and off days writing the stories. It’s hard but I promise to continue writing the stories until their endings.

Now all stories, except for ‘Encounters’ and ‘In My Life’, are being updated. Sorry to those who do read those stories. I’m a little writer blocked on the stories. I have future parts of the stories already written or thought out, but I’m having trouble connecting them to the current chapter. >.< I’ll try to focus a little more on those stories to get them back up.

Thanks for reading my stories, I really appreciate it.^_^

~Samona