CL - Chapter 9

College Life[On Hiatus]

Chapter 9

~a week later~

Samona walked down the street along with Kyuhyun, Minako, Henry, and Kibum. They walked toward the building that Leeteuk and the others lived in. “So why did they want us to come over?” Minako asks. The others shrug. “Heechul and Leeteuk didn’t say. Only that they wanted to have another ‘gathering’ with everyone.” Kibum answers.

A minute later, they were at the building and walking up stairs to Heechul’s apartment. Once at the door, Kyuhyun knocks. “Its unlocked.” a voice from inside called. Opening the door, Kyuhyun walks inside with the other four behind. After taking off their shoes, the five walks to the living. The others sat around watching a video. Heechul who sat on the couch with Siwon and Hangeng turns and looks at them. “Hey how came you never called me an ‘Oh Great One’?” he asks Samona.

Samona raises a brow at him and she walks to the back of the couch. “What are you talking about? When did I call someone that?” she asks. Heechul looks at her. “When Henry played the violin.” he answers. Samona only looked more confused. “Wha-” she stops when she hears Kyuhyun’s voice come from the TV. Leaning over the back of the couch Samona tilts her head. “What are you guys wa-” she stops again when she notices herself and Henry on the TV.

The group watches her in amusement as she pulls herself forward onto the couch. Nearly falling off the couch, she places her hands on the table for support as she leans closer to the TV. ““Oh, well that’s the case my answer would be…”” Henry on the TV says. A blush crosses her face as she watches herself on TV kiss Henry. Looking around, Samona sees the others smiling. “How…How did you guys get this?” she asks her face turning redder.

“Oh, did we forget to tell you that we were there when you and Henry finally confessed?” Kyuhyun says laughing. Samona was about to reply but felt her arms slip from under her. Unable to regain her balance, Samona braced herself for the fall. Lucky for her, Siwon and Hangeng, who sat on either side of her, was quick enough to catch her. Bringing her up, they pulled her back onto the couch.

“And that children, is why you do not try to balance yourself while leaning on a glass table.” Heechul says. Samona looks around to see the others let out sighs of relief. “Hey don’t start feeling relieved! Why the hell was we recorded?” she asks. The others shrug. “Some of us weren’t able to be there at the time.” Leeteuk says. Samona frowns. “So, then we could have told you all.” she says.

“Yeah but it’s funnier to see it ourselves.” Yesung says. He then looks at Henry. “You are a slick one with that move you pulled.” he says. Henry looks at him confused. “Huh, what?” he asks. The others look at him. “That acting like you didn’t know what she was really asking you in the beginning.” Shindong explains. Henry scratches the back of his head as he looks around at the others. He then looks to Samona.

“Yeah, sorry about that, I had to make sure and convince myself that you were actually asking me what I think you were.” Henry says. Samona shrugs. “It’s okay. Why? Because you’re mine now.” she says smiling. Henry smiles back at her. “Of course.” he says. Kangin makes a little gagging sound. “Hey don’t be getting all fluffy here.” he says. Samona only laughs in reply.

“Oh, Miss. Samona,” Heechul says. Samona turns and look at him. “Why the Miss?” she asks. Heechul looks at her. “When were you going to tell us about these new students that you and Minako know?” he asks. Samona frowns and sits back into the couch. “Why talk about them. I’ve been trying to avoid them like the plague.” she says.

Heechul turns to Minako who sighs. “One of them is an ex from America who never got over Samona and would never leave her alone. But now since she’s with Henry, he’ll probably stop for now.” she states. Heechul nods. “And the other one?” he asks. Minako says again and she runs her hand through her hair. “The other one, she’s a real problem.” she says.

“Why do you say that?” Eunhyuk asks. Minako looks around the room. “Those of you who were there in our classroom seen how Jin immediately attacked Samona within a second of seeing her.” she says and some of them nods. “No one truly, not even Samona, knows why this girl hates her so much.” Minako states.

Samona nods. “It all started in middle school. I don’t even know what I did to the girl. She just one day made it clear that she hated me. And I have thought of everything that I could have done to make her hate me like she does but come up with nothing.” she says. The others nod. “So, it’s just someone who hates you. I’m sure you have a couple of people who hate you.” Heechul says.

Minako instantly shakes her head. “No, no, no. This is way different.” she says. Heechul raises his brow at her. “How?” he asks. Minako looks around at everyone in the room. “Okay let’s do a little exercise right quick.” she says. “Think of the person you hate the most.” The others nod. “Okay now, times that hatred by 50, add 35678 more hates onto that then times that by 7849374.” she orders. “That is how much Jin hates Samona and if not more.”

The others in the room look at Samona. “You sure you didn’t do anything to that girl?” Sungmin asks. Samona nods. “I am positive. And whenever someone asks her why she hates me as much as she does, she just said because she does. She never gave a reason.” she says. Minako sighs. “I don’t get it.” Kyuhyun says. The others look at him. “What do you mean?” Minako asks.

“The day they were introduced in class, you, Minako said that thing with Jin started at the end of middle school.” Kyuhyun states. Minako nods. “What’s wrong with that?” Ryeowook asks. Kyuhyun looks at Minako. “There was no way that Samona could have done anything to the girl. Samona had depression and stayed away from others.” he states. Minako nods. “That’s why we can’t think of anything.”

“Wait hold on, you just said depression.” Siwon says. “What happened?” he asks. Kyuhyun and Minako looks at each other before looking at Samona. When neither answered Siwon, Samona lets out a breath. “I’ll be right back.” she says standing up. She then walks out the apartment. Henry was about to go after her but Kyuhyun stops him. “It’s best to let her walk around by herself for a minute.” he says.

The others look at Kyuhyun and Minako. “Can one of you please inform us on what happened?” Zhoumi asks. Minako looks at the ground as she grips her arm. “The reason Samona fall into depression was because she witnessed our Mom and older brother die right in front of her and she, her self was also almost killed.” she informs. Shocked expression displayed on the others’ faces. “Is it okay if I asked what happened?” Leeteuk asks.

Minako nods. She then lets out a sigh. “When growing up, Samona was really attached to our Mom and brother, while I was really attached to our older sister and dad. Every Monday, me, our sister, and Dad would go to the store and buy things we’ll need up until Friday morning. And every Friday evening, Samona, brother, and Mom would all walk to the store together to buy things that we would need for the weekend. It was always like that.

“But umm, one Friday evening while they were doing their routine trip, they were stopped by a robber. Our mom, of course, was going to try and protect her children. She wasn’t going to let them be harmed. Our mom tried to talk to the man to get him to just leave them alone. Instead, the man reached for Samona and tried to hold her captive to get whatever it was that he wanted.

“Our mom, of course fought the man to get Samona back. Samona was able to get out of the man’s grip, but at one point of the fighting, the man pulled out a gun and shot our mom. Our brother, enraged, attacked the man. He too, was shot, but before he went down, he was able knock the gun out of the attacker’s hand. Samona shocked at the sight of seeing her mom and brother getting shot could just stand there.

“The man then attacked Samona. He wrestled her to the ground and wrapped his hands around her neck. As his hands tighten around her neck, Samona tries to fight against him but nothing worked. Gasping for breath, she franticly moved her hands around tried to find something to help. And she did. It was the gun that our brother knocked out of the man’s hand earlier. Feeling herself losing consciousness, Samona pulled the trigger.

“As the attacker falls to the side, Samona crawled, as fast as she could, over to our mom’s and brother’s bodies. Shaking them, she cried as she tried to get them to move. Seconds later, Samona fell conscious, minutes before help finally arrived.” Minako lets out another sigh. “Painful stuff to hear right?” she asks. “Try hearing it from your sister while she’s having a nervous breakdown.” she says as she wipes the tears from her face.

“While I’m okay at the mentions of our mom and brother, Samona still isn’t. Even though it’s been almost 6 years.” Minako says. She then looks at Siwon. “Have you ever wondered why Samona has become so attached to you?” she asks. Siwon nods. “It’s because you remind us of our mom.” Minako informs. Kyuhyun smiles and nods.

“Oh, that is true.” Kyuhyun says. “Their mom was like the female version of Siwon.” he states. Minako nods. “Of course there are a couple of differences between you too, but you give off the same aura and presence.” she says. Siwon smiles. “That’s good to know.” he says.

“So, Minako did you all ever meet the attacker’s family?” Kibum asks. Minako shakes her head. “No actually we didn’t.” she says. “Truthfully we only focused on Samona and helping her.” she says. “Though it was in self-defense, Samona still hate the fact that she shot the man. We didn’t really want her to meet with the family. It might have made her feel worse.” she explains.

“Oh actually our dad meet up with the man’s wife once.” Minako says. “She wanted to send condolences to our family for what her husband did.” she says. “They themselves had a daughter around our age. Her name was–” Minako stops when something clicks in her head. The others look at her. “Minako?” Akani asks.

Minako looks at them. “Oh god, I understand it now. Why didn’t I think about this before?” she asks herself out loud. Confused, the others watch her. “Minako what are you talking about?” Henry asks. Before Minako could answer, the apartment door opens and Samona walks inside. As Samona walks into the living room, Minako immediately stands up and walks over to her.

“Samona, I know what it is now.” she says. Samona raises a brow and looks around at the others. Seeing them shake their heads, Samona looks back at her sister. “Know what?” she asks. Minako sighs. “It all makes sense now.” she says. Samona tilts her head. “Come on Minako. Tell me what it is.” she says. Minako looks at her.

“Jin Kyong is Hyun Shik Nam’s daughter.” Minako states. Samona opens but closes it again. “Huh?” she asks. Minako nods. “Hyun Shik had a daughter the same age as us. Then suddenly after the incident happened, Jin exclaims that she hates you when you couldn’t have did anything to her.” she explains. “The reason why Jin hates you is because you killed her father in the incident.”

Samona stares at her sister. “Oh, you got to be kidding Me.” she says letting out a laugh. Minako shakes her head. “Damn, I know her name sounded familiar when I first meet her at school. But I never put it together because I wanted all my focus to be on you.” she says. Samona blinks. “Why hate me for that? She does know that is was her father’s fault.” she says. Minako nods. “True, but she still hates you for it.” she states.

Samona looks around at the others. “So I’m guessing that means she told you guys about what happened?” she asks. The others nod. “Good, that means I don’t have to.” Samona says. “Also I don’t want to hear ‘I’m sorry’ from any of you. None of you were there, had nothing to do with it, nor was if any of you guys fault.” she states. “So no ‘I’m sorry.’ If any of you do say it, I will not hesitate to punch you.” she says.

This made some of them laugh. Samona then looks back at Minako. “Good to know why she hates me though.” she says.

 ~~~~

Update :D

So, I'm updating all my stories except for Encounter and Schooling In America.

Those two stories will be going on Hiatus.

Sorry for the trouble. :/

Love you all. <3

~Samona