VIII. FINALE.

Never Give Up --- The Future Will Come

Surely, the next day, ChunJi was back in the dorms but he was resting in bed. But that gave some relief to HyeRin.

Through the week, HyeRin had reflecting moments whenever she was alone.

By the end of the week, ChunJi was back in action but it was also the end of the study trip.

After packing up, people were gathered in the lobby, given the chance to bid their farewells.

KyungRin had skipped off somewhere, giving her farewell to someone while HyeRin sat on the suitcase.

Suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder.

“Hey… Can I get a moment with you?” ChunJi asked, giving her an awkward but cute smile.

“Sure…” she trailed off before getting up and following him to a slightly less populated area.

“So?” HyeRin asked, afraid that it’d become awkward.

“It’s just that… Before this trip officially ends, I want to tell you that… I like you. I’m guessing KyungRin probably told you already but I wanted to personally tell you, too.” ChunJi told her in a confident voice no matter how shaky his insides felt. He didn’t want to make fun of himself in front of the girl he likes.

HyeRin was speechless. She didn’t know what to say or how to react. She knew it already, but why was she so nervous?

After a pause of silence, thinking it was rejection, ChunJi gave her a sad smile before he turned around to walk away. When he turned, he suddenly felt a pair of arms hug his waist. His head slightly turned back to see HyeRin. Her face was buried into his back.

“I-I…” she started. “U-Um… I think… I might like you too…”

ChunJi’s eyes widened in shock. He never expected to hear that coming from her.

“You… what?” ChunJi asked, clarifying if he heard right or not.

“I might like you… I’m sorry if I can’t say I really do like you but I might.” HyeRin told him as she broke away from the hug and looked at him in the eyes.

ChunJi started to tear up. He turned around to face her then took a step forward and brought her to an embrace. He held her tightly as she buried her face on his shoulder, hiding her flustered face.

From a distance, KyungRin was leaning on a wall, SungGyu beside her.

“Man, at lease their story went well!” KyungRin chuckled.

“Yeah, they look so sweet! Hugging and all.” SungGyu said, smiling. He was happy to see someone close to him like his brother, happy.

“Yeah! He deserves it after all!” KyungRin proudly smiled. “I just hope they can continue their story now.”

“Yeah, I’m sure they can!”

“Okay! C’mon, oppa! You’re gonna go get me some ice cream!” KyungRin cheered as she grabbed onto SungGyu’s sleeve and dragged him to the store.

“WHAT?! NO WAY!”