V.

Never Give Up --- The Future Will Come

 

The path was pitch dark and the only source of light were the dim glows the fireflies were giving off.
 
The two girls were clinging onto each other, afraid to let go. They were afraid to bump to someone so they walked slowly.
 
Suddenly, KyungRin’s shoulder accidentally bumped to someone.
 
“OHMYGOSH! WHO’S THAT?!” she whispered in a panicked voice, grabbing on to HyeRin’s arm tighter.
 
“KyungRin? Is that you?” the voice asked.
 
The two immediately recognized the voice. It was WooHyun, one of their friends who were pretty close to the girls. He was like a brother to the two.
 
In an instant, KyungRin used her other arm and hooked it with WooHyun.
 
“Huh? Why?” he asked.
 
“Nothing… You don’t mind if I cling, right…?” KyungRin embarrassedly asked.
 
“Yeah, it’s fine.” WooHyun said as the three continued to walk.
 
“Hey! No fair!” HyeRin hissed. “Kyung! I’m scared…!” she grabbed KyungRin’s arm even tighter.
 
“Oww! Hey, Rin! Wait! It hurts!” KyungRin yelped as HyeRin dug her nails into her arms.
 
“But, Kyung!” HyeRin whined.
 
Suddenly, KyungRin picked up a voice. She listened distinctly and recognized it. It was the voice of ChunJi!
 
“ChunJi! Is that you?” KyungRin called as HyeRin kept gripper onto her and she kept a hold of WooHyun.
 
“Oh! Kyung?” a silhouette turned back upon hearing KyungRin’s call.
 
“Can you come over for a while?” KyungRin asked.
 
ChunJi followed her voice and jogged over to where they were.
 
“Yeah? What’s wrong…?” ChunJi asked worriedly.
 
KyungRin lightly pushed HyeRin to ChunJi.
 
“Can you hold her? She’s scared.”KyungRin mumbled in a mischievous voice.
 
ChunJi was concerned and place him arm around HyeRin’s shoulder, pulling her close.
 
“Hey, you okay…?” he asked in a soft tone.
 
HyeRin, terrified, just grasped ChunJi’s arm tightly and gave a stiff nod. 
 
During the rest of the way, ChunJi and HyeRin were together, walking in awkward but comforting silence when KyungRin and WooHyun were behind them, watching.
 
“You devil… Barging in other people’s business!” WooHyun laughed, whacking KyungRin’s head.
 
“Hey!” KyungRin mumbled. “I think I did a pretty good job…!”
 
“Yeah, I guess… They look good together!” WooHyun grinned.
 
“Yeah, they do…” KyungRin mumbled, a smile creeping up her face.