CHAPTER 6 - THE EMOTION -

IF WE CAN STAY LONGER, LET'S DO IT

“Joon.. Joon!” Hyosung was already awake and she was struggling to free herself from Joon’s arms. “Uh? What time is it, honey?” Joon mumbled, Hyosung gasped. She had been lonely for months and that nickname sounded very sweet for her. She bit her lips, telling herself for not falling into Joon’s trick. “Joon!” Hyosung finally screamed, made Hyobeom jumped in surprise. His eyes were still closing but he had sat on the bed. Joon too, woke up and mumbled some words which couldn’t be heard by Hyosung. But why did she have to care anyway?

Joon’s eyes were still closing too, same way with Hyobeom. Once again, Hyosung had to hold herself from falling into the excited feeling from her heart. “Wake up! Two of you!” Hyosung shouted. “No.. You have to give me a wake up kissing, if not, I will just fall asleep again,” Joon answered. He wanted to smile so bad, but knowing how Hyosung was, he told himself for not smiling.

“No.” He knew that answer would come out from her. And he did what he had sworn. He feel asleep again, carried Hyobeom into his hug again. He knew Hyosung wanted to slap him, but he would never give up before Hyosung kissed him. Just for that time, he wanted to feel her lips again. He wanted to feel her warmth again, something which had gone for years now. He missed it, he wanted it and he wouldn’t give up before she made it become true.

“Fine!” Hyosung said loud in frustration, she inhaled deep and bowed to kissed him. On cheek. But Joon was smarter than she thought. He turned around, so their lips met. She froze, her eyes widened. Joon kept their position before her lips a little, and when he did that, she closed her eyes. The memories of their past ghosting her brain.  “Stop,” She whispered. If Joon didn’t know that Hyobeom was still beside them, he wouldn’t let her go. He let her and opened his eyes.

He couldn’t breathe for a second when his eyes landed on Hyosung’s look. She looked messy, but surely y, the way she looked at him even made him stunned. Her lips were parted a little, and she was taking a deep breathe. Joon could feel the emptiness wrapped his heart as Hyosung was still in that position for a bit longer. “You.. You’re really something, Joon..” Hyosung said, gave him a death glare.

“Umma..” Hyobeom’s voice made both of them turning to the little boy. “Yes, dear?” Hyosung smiled, brushing the hair on his forehead. Hyobeom raised his hands, wanting Hyosung to take him. Hyosung giggled and she just followed his ask. Joon approached them, looking intensely into her eyes. “Don’t you think we look like a family?” Joon whispered to her, closing the distance between him and the mother-son. “Don’t you dare imagining it, Lee Changsun.” Hyosung whispered back, patting Hyobeom’s back.

“Never ever threat me, Jun Hyosung,” He whispered dangerously. “Don’t ever claim me as yours after the years we had gone through,” Hyosung replied back, more dangerous. “Jun Hyosung,” He faced her. And she looked back, without any worry. “Just remember what you had done to me and why I left you. Don’t you ever come back to mess with me again.” She warned him, climbing down from the bed and hurriedly collecting her and Hyobeom’s things. Hyobeom was still in her arm, sleeping peacefully.

“I wish we will not meet again, Lee Changsun. Thank you for taking care Hyobeom before. Goodbye!” Hyosung said. Leaving him alone. “We will meet again, Hyosung. We will..” He curved a smile.

***

“Jay.. How’s your job in Seoul?” Hyosung asked, approached Jay and gave him his breakfast. Hyobeom was walking outside with his grand mother, to get some fresh air they said. “Very well. Many agencies love my jobs. I think that I can get more jobs and earn more money for us, girl. What about you? How’s your life without me?” He , tickling Hyosung’s waist as she passed her to give him his spoon.

She giggled half heartedly. “Fine.” She answered. In her head, she still imagined Joon, and his words to her. “Baby-ah.. I don’t think you’re here with me?” Jay was standing in front of her, caressing her cheeks. “N.. No.. I’m here, you silly..” She shuttered because she accidentally thinking of Joon right after Jay’s question. Again. “Tell me, baby girl.. What’s wrong? Hem?” He ruffled her hair as he pulling her to sit with him on the couch. “Nothing, I’m being honest here, Jay-ah.. Nothing is wrong, everything is definitely fine.” She lied, she acted to pout cutely to cover her nervousness.

“Oh.. Really? Your eyes are telling me the other side,” Jay kept pushing her, now she worried she would fall and told him everything. It would develop into a bigger problem, and she didn’t want it to happen. “Why do you keep pushing me to the edge? I’ve told you the truth, if you don’t believe me, then don’t. Not very hard right?” Hyosung finally collecting her courage, she pouted and refused to speak up. “Okay.. Okay.. I’m sorry then.. Don’t pout to me like that, you make me feel bad,” Jay said, hugging her waist even tighter. When Hyosung was going to answer, the front door opened. Revealing Hyosung’s mother with Hyobeom and a man. Hyosung frowned. Who was the man?

Both of them stood up, greeting Hyosung’s mother and the man. Hyobeom ran to Jay and Jay gladly took him up from the ground. They laughed together as Jay brought Hyobeom in. “Hyosung-ah! This guy has been attracting many attentions on him these past hours and I think he’s tired already, aren’t you Joon-ssi? And that, he said to me that he wants to meet you! Treat him well, okay? He’s been so tired I think because of the fans.” Hyosung’s mother patted the man’s back as she laughed. The man giggled and he moved to the front, revealing his face.

Hyosung couldn’t help but gasped. She wanted to scream, cursing him for showing up in front of her, again. This time, showed up just like that in front of her family. And successfully got her mom’s attention.  She looked at his eyes and so did he. They kept staring to each other, forgot about their environment at that time. She forgot about Jay’s existence and kept her eyes on Joon’s. She had that kind of ability for knowing what Joon said from his eyes. The Ability she got after dating him for 5 years.

She asked him from her eyes and he only gave her a smile. He nodded lightly, confirming her worried. “Baby girl, why do you stay still?” Jay woke them from the staring competition. His smile was very sincere, Hyosung almost burst into tears at that time, looking at his sincere smile. “Oh no, just questioning why Lee Joon is here..” She said. “If you just stare at him, you will never get the answer, baby-ah.. Come on, let’s eat together, Joon-ssi..” Jay said. Winked to his wife as he brought Joon to the dinning room where Joon’s mother and Hyobeom were.

“Damn.. Damn you, Joon..” Hyosung cursed, watching the backs of Joon and Jay’s. Jay seemed to enjoy the sudden visit as he had been in good mood. And he had known Joon because he once was friend with him. Not a close one though. But yeah, since the three of them were a part of the entertainment industry, they had known each other. Hyosung could feel Joon’s tension was going higher as he saw Jay sat beside of her. She warned him from her stare and he only smirked.

“So, what brings you here, Joon-ssi?” Jay asked, holding his spoon with Hyosung beside him trying to find a way to escape. “I’m here to visit my ex..” Joon answered, smiled as always. “Oh really? Her hometown is at here?” Jay asked, quite surprise. “Yes, she’s from here. And she’s pretty close with Hyosung,” Joon threw his look at Hyosung who was pretending to be busy preparing Hyobeom’s food. “Excuse me?” Hyosung raised her eyebrows.

She couldn’t believe what she had heard. Did Joon just try to kill her in front of Jay? “You’re a best friend of my ex. You know, that EX..” He forced the ‘ex’ word. Hyosung sighed, finishing Hyobeom’s breakfast and passed it to Jay. “Could you please give it to Hyobeom, baby-ah? I need to talk with Joon about his EX.” She too, forced the ‘ex’ word.  Jay just nodded, although he had smelt something was up between the two. “Sure. Does umma need her breakfast too?” He politely asked, wanted to make his presence longer in the room. “Just take that one. That’s mom’s.” Hyosung pointed to another set of meal. Jay hummed as he walked to the 2nd floor. He slowed his pace as he could hear the heavy sigh of Hyosung. Knowing the conversation wouldn’t start in the short period, he fastened his steps to his mother in law’s room. Leaving Hyosung’s mother with Hyobeom to eat their breakfast and joke around.

He stopped at the top of the stairs, tried to listen to Joon and Hyosung’s conversation. And what he heard next surprised him. Hatred look was on his eyes. And he cursed deeply before deciding to get into his and Hyosung’s room. He watched Joon’s departure with Hyosung behind him and he could see how angry Hyosung was on Joon’s back. He felt sorry but nothing he could do at that time. He didn’t want to catch red handed by his own wife. No, not now. Not when he wasn’t sure what Joon’s plan was.

***

“So what now? Why are you showing up in front of my omma ? Do you want to get her heart as well as you have done to Hyobeom?” She was close to screaming, to throw things on him. But she prevented herself from doing so. “I just showing to your family that I’m worth to you. Much better than your husband now.” He simplify said. Hyosung’s blood rushed to her brain, made her face red.

“You’re blushing,” He said, rubbing her face. “Joon. Stop it, now.” She tried to speak in every breathe she took. The way he touched her, it hadn’t changed. “I beg you, Lee Changsun. I beg you to stop hoping on my comeback. I will never comeback to you. Not again, not after my happy life with my husband and your stupid act years ago. Can’t you please just let go of me?” Hyosung said. He saw her tears and he once again touched her. Wiping away the tears.

“If you’re willing to go back to my side, I will be happy. If you throw away this chance, maybe I will keep running after you. Trying to catch you again. And I’m not afraid to ruin your marriage with Jay. I can just do it, right now. I can do it anytime I want to.” Joon said, he forced Hyosung to face him. “Do it for me, Jun Hyosung. Please? We can raise Hyobeom together. I will never leave you like what I had done in the past. I will be with you, watching Hyobeom growing up. I will never be like Jay. I will make you happy. Now, would you be back to my side again?” Joon asked.

She could feel how sincere he was. But deep inside, she knew. Her love for him had gone. She could say neither yes nor no at that time. Not that fast. She thought hard, she knew, the situation wasn’t that worse but if Jay knew, it would be very worst. “Let me think of it first, Joon. Now, can you just go home? I will tell you if I have thought about it further.” She softly said, a danger kind of softness. Joon had known her for a long time, and he knew how much pressure he had made for her. He only nodded, “Remember the deal..” He said. Hyosung stayed silent as she led him out from the house.

“Think about it.. Because I will wait for you forever..” Joon whispered to her ear. He walked outside, leaving Hyosung. Angry, confuse, happy, and more. She couldn’t describe what she felt. She felt dizzy. She watched as Joon’s car leaving her house, waving to her and she was waving back to him.

***

“Done with your business with him?” Jay was sitting on their bed. He wasn’t looking at Hyosung, he only stared on the wall. She felt a bad feeling approached her as she slowly followed his step to sit on the bed. She touched his face, feeling the softness of his skin, watching how delicious his lips looked like. And she couldn’t resist herself to touch every part of his face. “Jun Hyosung, you better answer me now,” Jay calmly said. Hyosung then realized something, why did her husband talk to her about Joon in a dangerous tone?

“Did you eavesdrop on my conversation with Joon?” Hyosung slowly asked. Now she couldn’t do anything then just waiting his answer. “I did. Was it wrong huh?” Jay replied. He might look calm, but Hyosung knew how angry he was. “I’m sorry.. For the presence of him in our life.. But I can take care of him.. I can handle him,” Hyosung said, her body tensed because of the calm of Jay. She knew him better than he knew. And it made her worried.

“Why didn’t you just tell me about that?” Jay said, he still didn’t want to face Hyosung. Hyosung was still watching him from the side, wishing for her luck. “Please, oppa.. He’s no one! It’s just another threaten from him. Just like what he had done for me in the past.” She tried to explain, forgetting to choose every word carefully. She  just wanted Jay to forgive her, but she had chosen a wrong way. And she fell.

“You said.. In the past? He had done it before too?!” Jay now faced her. And she could see how angry he was. Very angry, he could just throw something on her in the situation. But she refused to go back. “Yes. I was dating for 5 years with him before broke up. He had done many things to make me comeback to his side. But I ignored him and I chose to marry with you. I think that he knew about our marriage from the media. He stopped trying to get me back. And now, he just comes back like that. Wanting me again.” Hyosung sighed at the end of her statement.

To her surprise, Jay jumped to stand up. She bit her lips, knowing the worse had come. “When did he meet you at first?” He asked, his eyes were gazing on her. Trying to find any lies. “A week ago, before I got the flu..” She said. “It meant that .. You met him before I came?” “Yeah.. He met with Hyobeom first and then I passed out because of shock and he brought us to his flat around here. That, when I woke up, the day had changed.” Hyosung said, mumbling in the last words. “Are you going to say that he slept with you too for the whole night?” Hyosung gulped, didn’t know such of question would come out. She had no ways to escape, so she just nodded.

“WHY YOU DIDN’T TELL ME!” She cringed in surprise. Jay’s scream was horrible, she felt tears on her cheek as Jay kept the hatred look on his face. “WHY JUN HYOSUNG?! WHY?! YOU DON’T BELIEVE ON ME ANYMORE? YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME TO PROTECT YOU HUH?!” He yelled, threw away every thing on his way. He could see how afraid his wife was. But he wouldn’t give a on it. He felt betrayed. “Jay.. I just met with him and I didn’t know he would take me to his place!” Hyosung said, she was shaking from head to toe. He could see it and he didn’t feel sorry though. He was being mean. He was being angry. Which rarely happened in their marriage.

“I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry! Just please don’t be angry anymore!” Hyosung was pleading in front of him. She was crying hard. “NO! I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DIDN’T TELL ME EARLIER! I WOULD JUST HELP YOU FROM THE SITUATION! AND HE WOULDN’T BE SO BRAVE TO SHOW UP IN FRONT OF US!” He kept his voice loud and strong. Hyosung knelt down, her face wet from the tears. “I’m sorry!” She kept saying the word, but Jay kept being a stubborn. Hyosung sobbed, took her jacket and went away. Slamming the door hard behind her.  Jay shut is eyes tight. Not knowing what to do.

“Appa!! Jay Appa!!” Hyobeom rushed into the room. He looked scared. Hyosung’s mom following after him, she frowned. “What happened? Why did you shout like there’s no tomorrow?” She asked. Hyobeom ran to him, hugging his legs. He sighed hard, took Hyobeom from the ground and hushed him. He whispered relaxing words for him, letting him to fall asleep in his embrace. Hyosung’s mother watched him in silence. “So, mind to tell me now?” She asked calmly. Jay nodded. He put Hyobeom on the bed and following Hyosung’s mother to the living room. Hyosung was nowhere to be found.

“So?” Hyosung’s mother looking at him. And Jay told her everything, following with his tears. He felt so weak and stupid. Hyosung’s mother shook her head in disbelief with what Jay had told her. And so, for half of the day, Jay got speech from her. And the rest of day, he spent his time to look for Hyosung. He felt frustrate and mean. He knew how hurt she was, judging by the way she took decision before. Hyosung had never been so hurt as long as their marriage. Remembering about this just made him felt dizzy. He sighed, looking around the city and got nothing but stares from people around him.

“Hyosung-ah.. Where are you?” He mumbled.