CHAPTER 1 ~ THE BAD NEWS

IF WE CAN STAY LONGER, LET'S DO IT

“What happened actually?” Hyosung looked at her husband. Even if she remembered his title for her, ‘husband’, would make her shivering even more. The disbelief was still living in her heart. But now, the serious and frustrate expression from her husband made her anxious. Jay sighed hard, before covered his own face with his palms.

“There’s… Something important which I have to tell you.. It’s about… Our economy is going down…” Jay said carefully, he almost cried while telling the truth to his wife. But now, made her know it early would really help.  

Hyosung froze for more than 5 minutes, she tried hard to process the words in her mind. When her body was growing weaker, Jay caught her. He made her sit down on one of the couches. “So…Mind to tell me what happened?” Hyosung murmured, still felt too weak.

Jay took a seat in front of her, his face looked so pale as well. “I… I’m really sorry to tell this, Yeobo.. But ..” Jay stopped to inhale more air. “But?” “But .. I got into a big obligation. Some of my business partners tricked me so well.. And now, I have a big debt in my bank accounts,” Jay bowed, felt embarrassed toward Hyosung. Hyosung didn’t respond anything, she made herself busy with starring to the ceiling.

“What is going to happen in a short time?” She whispered. “We’ll lose everything…. Except our clothes maybe?” Jay chuckled a little, his heart sank even more.

What should he do? He wasn’t an idol anymore, Hyosung and he had gone from their fans’ eyes after 5 years of their marriage. Although he was already known as a CEO in an idol agency company, but it seemed like the faith wanted to play with him. His partners tricked on him and it made him got into money problems. And damn, he just knew it a few hours ago!

“What about our savings?” Hyosung asked hopefully. “Half of it.. Has gone.. To close half of the obligation,” He watched how Hyosung’s face slowly became paler, even it was even possible. “Yeobo-ah? Are you okay??” Jay touched her cheek slowly and rubbed it. “I don’t … know..” Hyosung mumbled.

“We can pass through it, okay?” Jay kneeled in front of her, “As long we can stay together as a family, I believe that we can pass through it, okay?” He was almost close to cry but he kept holding it.

“Baby-ah.. You want to cry don’t you?” Hyosung kissed his lips softly, she was trembling with fear and disbelief, but she also felt sorry for how Jay was looking. “I will always be with you, okay? Don’t worry,” Accidentally, the tears she had prevented to fall down, had wetted both of their faces. “Yeobo-ah.. I’m really sorry,” Jay said as he felt the wetness on his face and followed Hyosung, he cried also.

***

“Where are we going umma?” Hyobeom asked cheerfully, he watched as his parents brought down the luggage from their luxurious apartment building. “We’re going to go to grandma’s house,” Jay replied with his fluent English.

Hyobeom blinked, “Wae?” although he was still a 5 year old boy, he knew how to speak in English, Japanese and even more a little bit of Chinese. Smart wasn’t he? Well.. That was all because of his beloved parents of course.

“We will leave with me from now on and afterwards,” Hyosung smiled, picked him up and kissed him on every inches of his face. “Hey, I might be jealous here,” Jay pouted, he had carried the last luggage to the car and approached his little family. “Well, you can’t appa.. You have to drive now! I want to meet grandma so bad!!” Hyobeom jumped down from his umma’s embrace and climbed to the car.

Jay and Hyosung looked at each other, nodded and walked to the car, followed Hyobeom’s powerful steps. Jay and Hyosung acted normal for all of the day, they took a fast step to leave the apartment, because they hade known well that even the apartment wouldn’t be in their hands anymore in a few days.  They had called Hyosung’s umma for help and she agreed to help them.

The day had turned into another new day and they hadn’t reached Hyosung’s umma’s house. Hyobeom slept peacefully on the back passenger seat. Hyosung and Jay had changed the driver role for a few times, and they were so exhausted. But, Hyosung kept being stubborn with saying that they had to reach her home first before being able to do anything.

“Yeobo-ah… You look so messy,” Jay said, wiped off the sweats which slowly fell on her face. “Really?” She asked without even turning her gaze to Jay. “We’ll arrive soon, baby-ah.. Be patient, ara? And you can also take a rest..” Hyosung turned a little and smiled to him. She winked too for making him more sure.  “Ara… Drive well, okay? I love you,” He leant forth to kiss her left cheek. “I love you too,” Hyosung said slowly.

As they were getting close to her mom’s house, she couldn’t help but she thought about how her life would run. How their life would stand strongly on the earth and the world? What would happen to Hyobeom? Could she be strong toward everything? And now, what did she have to say to her mom about the things?

She sighed in frustration, didn’t really aware that her husband was actually listening to every breath of her, trying to figure out about her feeling. He knew that his wife wouldn’t be that good in hiding her feeling. And only with hearing her sigh, it was enough to make the guilty waves destroyed him even more.

“Baby-ah.. Hyobeom-ah.. Get Up..” Hyosung shook the 2 men lovingly and tiredly. She wasn’t in her good mood though, but her shame feeling was stronger than anything. She would like to apologize toward her mom for the problems which she would cause in the next days. “Yeobo-ah,” Jay grabbed her wrist, made them to let Hyobeom ran to his grandma’s house first.

“Hem?” She lifted up her head, only to get a kiss from Jay. “I’m really sorry for an instant changing, okay? It’s only a week after my notification for you.. But we’re already here… I apologize to you..” Jay said, his eyes were full of wounds. Hyosung smiled cheerfully. “We can pass through it… We’ll try… for Hyobeom and for us,” She said which being replied by a nod from Jay. “UMMA!! APPA!! Grandma is here!!” Hyobeom shouted from far.

They looked at each other before walking together, hand in hand. “Umma..” Bothe of them bowed when they were already in front of Hyosung’s mother. “Hyosung… Jay..” She said softly, ran to them and hugged them tightly. “I know there is something with you two… So, shall we go inside?” Hyosung’s mom advised after she let the couple free, both were still bowing. Too shy to even tell her the full story.

“Hyobeom-ah! You can go upstairs! You can check your mother’s old room,” Hyosung’s mom patted Hyobeom’s head and pointed which way he had to go to reach the room. “Ok!! Bye umma! Bye appa!!” He waved happily and ran to the upper floor. “Now, kids.. Follow me..” Hyosung’s mother led them to her bedroom. It was simple but yet, it was big enough for them to talk.

“So… Now you can tell me everything..” Hyosung’s mom sat in front of the couple. Jay bowed even deeper and Hyosung started crying hard. “Yeobo-ah..” Jay hugged her. But she kept crying. “It’s a big problem, isn’t it?” Hyosung’s mother smiled faintly.  “Nde, umma..” Jay nodded.

“Tell me from the beginning,” she instructed. Hyosung kept sobbing in Jay’s chest and Jay started telling the story.

***

Jay had gone to take care of Hyobeom and of course, the things they need to live in Hyosung’s umma house. Hyosung was still in her mom’s room, her eyes were red, and she was laying on her mom’s lap.

“Why are you crying huh?” Her mom asked as she brushed her hair. “I don’t know umma.. I just think that I won’t be able to pass through it..” Hyosung said as she sniffed too. “It feels really hard to breathe even now. Even after a few days, I still can’t breathe like I used to do, umma..”  Hyosung hit her chest softly, “Why umma? I should support him, don’t I? I really love him that is why I accepted to marry him. I’m not a materialistic right umma because I’m feeling really down toward this situation?” Hyosung asked her mother. Her mother stopped brushing her hair, she forced Hyosung to sit in front of her confidentially.  

“You have known that life is turning just like wheel right? Sometimes, you’re being on the under side and sometimes, you’re being on the upper side. That’s how life keeps cycling. No, it’s really okay to feel shock. It’s a really fast decision though. But I understand that Hyobeom is Jay and your priority, Hyosung-ah,” Her mom pulled her into a warm hug, made the tears couldn’t be stopped more.

“Umma.. I’m sorry to be like this when actually you should’ve enjoyed your times everywhere you wanna go,” Hyosung hugged her mother even tighter. “You’re my daughter and always being my baby Hyosung forever,” She smiled, knowing really well that she was crying for her daughter too. Because she could feel the tears rolling on her cheeks.


 

 

Failed isn't it ? TT___TT