CHAPTER 5 - IT MAKES ME CRAZY -

IF WE CAN STAY LONGER, LET'S DO IT

It was a surprise for him when he met with Hyobeom, surprised him so much because the little boy resembled Hyosung so much, Jay not really dominating his face but his attitude surely resembled Jay. The way he walked, so Jay, and so did the way he ate. Hyobeom’s eyes, lips, cheeks and nose resembled Hyosung’s perfectly. Now, how he wished Hyobeom’s was his son. And met with Hyosung was a nice gift for him, getting to see her again after a while. It didn’t mean he never saw her. Well, not in reality. Hyosung’s face was still familiar with the television anyway.

But, meeting her in personal was totally something. He missed it, he wanted it and he had secretly wished for this meeting. For almost 2 years now. “Hyobeom, don’t cry.. Your mom is okay, she’s just shock,” He shushed Hyobeom, took him into his embrace, and led him to his kitchen. “Ahjussi.. Why umma collapsed after I told her your name? It’s my fault! Umma collapsed because of me,” And thus, Hyobeom started crying.

Joon sighed, he didn’t know Hyobeom’s heart was that soft. He never knew Hyobeom could be a very perfect combination of Jay and Hyosung.  Again, he wished Hyobeom was Hyosung and his combination so maybe he would be a bit evil. Grinning by the imagination, he wiped away Hyobeom’s tears and pat his back. “Hyobeom-ah.. Your umma was just a little bit tired and maybe because she was too happy because able to meet with me,” How Joon wished it could make the little boy calm. Hyobeom kept crying made him confused.

He offered ice-cream to him, but he ignored. Joon offered him foods but Hyobeom kept ignoring, now he only sobbed, not crying hard like before. “Sorry Hyobeom-ah.. But I don’t know what to do with you,” Joon regretted said. “I just want to be beside umma..” Hyobeom mumbled. “Promise to ahjussi you won’t make any noise okay?” Joon said, rubbing Hyobeom’s little hands.  “Promise,” Hyobeom nodded, hugging Joon’s neck tightly, it made Joon smile, he loved it.

He took Hyobeom to the bedroom, and put him carefully beside Hyosung. In no time, Hyobeom had been cuddling beside Hyosung, looking like a newborn baby. Hyobeom’s eyes slowly closed. Watching the mother and son sleeping in an almost similar way, made him chuckle. Shook his head in disbelief because of the same expression they had. He slowly climbed onto the bed, laying beside the mother and son. Joon erased the space between them with hugging Hyosung and Hyobeom in his arms and went to sleep as well. Enjoying the feeling of having them for a while.

***

Jay was driving his car with his mind wasn’t there. He kept thinking about Hyosung and their little boy, Hyobeom. He didn’t know why, but he felt anxious every time Hyosung’s face appeared. He couldn’t stop the feeling, but he knew something was up. He could see his mother in law’s house from his place, and somehow, it made him able to breathe normally.

“Jay..” Was what Hyosung’s mother said as she opened the door for him.  He frowned, why Hyosung’s mother who opened the door, not Hyosung? “Hyosung is upstairs, she’s sleeping.” Hyosung’s mother explained, opened the door wider to let him entering the house. “Is she alright, omma?” Jay asked, shivering because of the cold temperature outside.

“She’s having a fever.. Hyobeom too.. It’s nice to see you here when they need you now.” Hyosung’s mom answered simplifies, shrugged and left him speechless. “Are you coming with me, Jay?” She said once again, louder this time because realized the stunned looking of her son in law. “You can relax.. I think she’s just tired, nothing more. I have brought her to hospital and they said she’s fine,” Hyosung’s mother explained further.

Guilt washed over him, made it worse enough for him at that time. He kept cursing under his breath, cursing for his careless. “Thank you, omma..” He thanked Hyosung’s mother when she opened the door for him. She only nodded and went to her room. He watched how bad his wife and son were. Judging from the red color of their face, he bet that both of them were having a bad fever.

She moved a bit and moaned in pain, made him quickly closed the door behind him and walking to her side.  He put his palm on her forehead, feeling the warmth of her forehead burning his palm. He removed his palm from her and put it again on Hyobeom. The same feeling was felt by him and he sighed heavily, lost in thoughts.

“Jay..??” Hyosung murmured, her eyes were half opening, her weak voice luckily reached Jay’s ear. “Are you alright? What do you want to eat? Do you want to drink something?” Jay asked as he prepared a bottle of mineral water beside him. “The water.. Please?” Jay nodded, holding the bottle while he was holding the straw for her too. “When did you get here?” Hyosung weakly asked.

“A few minutes ago..” Jay said, shrugged in process. He closed the bottle slowly, listening to their breath. “Sorry for not welcoming you properly,” Hyosung sadly said, made him feel guiltier. “No, baby ah.. That’s not your fault.. Now, you have to focus on healing yourself and Hyobeom, okay?” He wiped the falling sweat from her forehead.

“I miss you.. So much,” Hyosung whispered. “I miss you too..” Jay smiled, kissed her cheek to make it more oblivious. “Jay-ah.. I’m scared..Really scared..” Hyosung said in his embrace. “What are you scared with?” Jay asked, a little bit taken back by her words but he couldn’t get the answer because Hyosung fell asleep after saying the words.

“What are you afraid of, my baby? I’m here… I will protect you…” Jay whispered to her, holding her hand. He gave a quick stare on Hyobeom before changing his clothes and slept beside Hyobeom, wiping the sweats from his forehead. “Appa is here, Hyobeom-ah.. Get well soon for appa, eoh?” He said before driving to dreamland.

Tears slowly formed on Hyosung’s eyes as she stared on the ceiling.

 


 

Thank you for keep following the story :")

I'm really thankful... Much love for you all <3