Chapter 7

Not The Same Person I Used To Be

"We All Want You To Get Married"

Changmin and Sooyoung blinked at their parents. Their ears , still couldn't believe the words that came out from their own parents.

"W-what?" Sooyoung stuttered, keeping her head down.

 

An audible sigh was heard in the atmosphere.

"We figured that sinc-"

"NO! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! LISTEN TO YOURSELF!! MARRIED?!" Changmin grew into a sudden outburst.

Everyone slightly jumped in shock at his reaction.

Sooyoung still kept her head down. She bit her lip, hoping it'd help stop the pain in her chest.

 "C-changmin!" His mother gasped, unable to believe that his own son had used that tone with her.

 

Changmin closed his eyes and rubbed his temple.

"Umma, im only 16. How do you expect me to get married now" He reasoned, in a calmer tone.

In Mrs.Shim's behalf who was trying to calm herself, Sooyoung's mother handed Changmin a light-blue coloured file.

Changmin's eyebrows rose "What's this?" he asked, as he took out the papers from the file.

 

"We thought you'd might need it. According to the law, You are allowed to get married at the age 16, with your parents consent and all...." His father explained.

 

Changmin threw the papers on the table, leaving it scattered. "Cut the crap"

"Bwoh?!?" His mother gasped.

Changmin stood up, his head lowered.

 

"I thought marriage was for people who loved eachother. Why am I being forced to this?This is so pathetic" He let out a weak laugh.

"Changmin we hav-"

"NO! IM NOT LISTENING TO ALL THIS BULL ANYMORE!! I DONT LOVE HER!! " 

 

 All eyes moved to Sooyoung, worried of her reaction.

But she just sat there, her head down, looking on the floor.

A tear escaped her eyes. She bit her lip harder, so that her sobs couldn't be heard.

Honestly, she didn't want to get married at this age either.

But when she heard those words, coming out from his mouth himself. Her heart broke.

 

"Changmin....stop it...Think about Sooyoung" 

Sooyoung's eyes widened. His mother knew all along?

Right at that moment, Sooyoung realized that both parents were doing this all for the sake of Sooyoung.

Yes, of course the thought of marrying Changmin sent Sooyoung whoops of joy but the thought of him forcing himself to love her when he actually didn't was worse than Changmin not actually marrying her.

This was just too selfish.. She needed to stop this. She doesn't want sympathy. She doesn't need to be pitied.

It was just too embarassing.

 

Mrs. Shim voiced out again "Sooyou-"

"STOOOOOP!!! JUST STOP IT! PLEASE JUST STOP IT! JUST SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!!!!!" 

This time, all eyes were really on Sooyoung.

It was the first time they had ever seen her so angry and upset. Even Changmin was suprised.

She thanked her hair for covering her now, red puffy face.

"J-just please....s-stop it" she croaked before running out the door.

"Sooyoung!" All parents yelled, but Sooyoung ran straight out of the house.

Right on que, Changmin chased after her. His legs moving as if it had a mind of its own.

He ran through the whole neighbourhood...But Still no sign of Sooyoung.

His legs were getting weak. His knees shaking and right on the spot. He fell to the ground.

"YAH! CHOI SOOYOUNG!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!"


Sooyoung's POV

 

Pabo! Changmin oppa! Pabo! Yah! I Hate you! I Hate you! I Hate you....I-i..Ha.te..you....I-i.....I love you.

No matter how long I try to keep saying that I hate you, i just...cant....hate you!

Geez, why are there still tears falling?

I kept wiping them away, but ...it..just wont stop!

So this is the life of Choi Sooyoung huh? Great

 

I sat in a fetal position, my head buried in between my arms.

I Hate Having to feel insecure everyday.

I Hate having to avoid you everyday.

You were the reason I was happy

You were the reason why I went to school everyday even when I was sick.

The only time i feel beautiful,smart,happy...is with you...

 

"Still hiding in the same place, I see" 

I looked up, and saw Changmin..crouching down and smiled.

"O-oppa...." 

"I know you too well.. You would always hide under the slide whenever you were upset with something" He smiled, grabbing my hands and helped me up.

My eyes widened "You..you still remember?"

He put his hands in his pockets and shrugged "We spent most of our childhood here...Of course I remember" He smiled.

This is just so confusing for me.

He's so mean and evil at one time and just so sweet and calm in another.

He walked over to the swings and gestured me to take the swing next to him.

I walked to the swings and sat there, unappreciating the awkward atmospere.

"Sooyoung...about earlie-"

"Oppa, i understand. This was really unnecessary...You love Yoona-sshi" I looked up to him and gave him a half-hearted smile.

Changmin froze. "Sooyoung...."

"No oppa.. You shouldn't be forced into this. This wasn't your fault. I'll talk to umma and appa, It'll be settled by the time you get home..I promise..I'll go now" I said, standing up to leave.

 

I guess this is...for the best right?

Well, i dont want to get married either...right?

I sighed.

 

"Wait! Sooyoung!!" 

I stopped walking, my heart skipping a beat "Yes?"

"About the thing...and the way i've been treating you at school..I-i was just...*sigh* I-i.." 

As painful as it is...I just have to stay strong.

"I understand that too oppa..Dont worry" I said before continuing walking.

The tears....They're coming back again.


Guys! Sorry for the late and short update ..Mianhe..

Just caught up with school now that the holidays are over.

Its midnight and my mind usually gets crazy at night...so yeaaah.

Aww, sorry for making Soo cry again :(

Dont worry...This isn't even half of it XD

We'll see more, I promise

There's more to Choi Sooyoung than you'll ever know XD