How long?

How To Love

~Kyungsoo's POV~

"Hey come on lets go!" i pulled her out of the door to my apartment. The boys had just left about half an hour ago, and i was taking seungmin to a cafe.

"Wait, why are we going out?" she asked. "Why don't we just stay in?" she was in her old clothes that had been washed.

"Well, don't we need to get you new clothes?" i pointed at her outfit. "You can't just wear that everyday can you?" i smiled, but my insides were eating me. Because, i was lying to her.

We weren't going out for the sole purpose of getting her new clothes, but to meet her mother.

 

{*Flashback*}

My phone rang as the boys began to pop in a DVD, to watch a movie with seungmin. i looked at the caller id, an unknown number, and then walked to my bedroom, picking it up.

"Hello?"

The other end was slient, so i repeat, "Hello?" once more, and then asked, "is this Ms. Oh?"

After a pause, a woman's voice answered me, with a "yes this is she."

i cleared my throat, trying to not choke. "Hello, Ms. Oh. This is seungmin's friend, Kyungsoo."

"Ahh, yes i remember you. The Do boy." she sighed. "May i .. may i talk to seungmin?" she stuttered and her voice, trailing at the end.

i thought for a bit, trying to think what would happen if she were to pick up the phone right now. After debating in my head, whether or not to give the phone to seungmin, i finally answered back to the question. "i'm sorry Ms. Oh, but right now there are guest over at my house, so i don't think it would be the best idea,"

"Ahh, i see, that is fine." she sighed.

"But, do you have time tonight?"

"Tonight?" she asked with a bit of a quiver to her voice.

"Yes tonight. i can get her out of the house and meet you."

The other end of the phone was silent, followed by a, "Ok then. Tonight at 8."

{*End of Flashback*}

After walking for about 10 minutes, i took her into a small cafe with girly interior and exterior decorations. My friends recommened this place to me if i were to take a girl on a date. We got in, and were seated to a table. i made sure she sat at the end of the table that faced the door, so she would be able to see her mother when she came.

"Hey i'm going to go use the bathroom." i told her.

she nodded her head. "Alright go!" she smiled, and i left her alone at the table.

 

~seungmin's pov~

"What would you like to order?" the waiter wearing the cute uniform asked me politely.

"Uhh..." i glanced at the menu, and then confessed, "i'm actually still deciding."

"Oh, ok! would you like water for the time being?" the waiter asked.

"Oh that would be great!"

The waiter went away as i waited for oppa to come out of the bathroom. i looked around at the cafe and observed the design of the inside of the store. Wow everything is so cute! i would love to decorate oppa's house like that...

The bells jingled, which meant that another customer has entered the cafe. i looked to see it may be, and then stopped suddenly in my tracks. A skinny woman who had medium length hair, and a face that looked like mine entered the cafe, looking around the place. That was when it hit me. That was my mother.

it has been years since i have last seen her, leaving me with my father. she still looked the same, only that her face got skinnier, her skin had a few wrinkles, and her hair shorter.

i didn't notice who i began to gradually stand up from my seat, and before i knew it, we were making eye contact. We looked like we were looking at ourselves in the mirror, tears forming in our eyes, silent.

"seungmin-ah ..." i could hear her voice shake as she tried to enunciate each syllable of my name. she began to walk towards me, and when she reached me, she placed her frail hands on my shoulders.

"seungmin-ah, is that really you?" she placed a hand on my cheek and i didn't know what to do.

"How long? How long has it been? 7 years?" Tears began falling from her eyes, and she began to sniffle as she inhaled.

"speak to me seungmin-ah!" she cried, and i yelled back. "i hate you."

she was now silent, and my head felt light headed. "Why did you leave?" i questioned her, in a much more softer tone.

"Why did you leave me with him?" i asked her, and now tears began flowing out of my eyes. "if you didn't leave, then i would have spent the last 7 years ..." i choked; couldn't talk anymore. My emotions were too overwhelming i couldn't speak.

"i'm so sorry, i didn't know, i didn't know he would do that! i swear!" my mother pulled me into an embrace, and i couldn't help hug her back. i longed for many things during the last 7 years, and one of them was to hug my mother one more time.

"i missed you so much."

 

~Hey there fellow readers and new subscribers! Hope you like this chapter!!! Remember to comment~! i would love to hear your opinions on this story!!! thank you~ xoxo leechwn~