Awkward

How To Love

 

 

~kyungsoo's pov~

"Hey," she finally said to me after not speaking to me for a day. it was 9 am, and we were eating breakfast that she made. We didn't even make eye contact ever since that day.

"Hey," i answered back at her, my eyes still focused on the spoon that i have been swirling in my soup bowl for the past 10 minutes.

"Listen, the other day ..."

"Don't worry about it." i took a sip of the soup, and then took a bite of my bowl of rice before looking up at her. Her eyes were doe-eyed, filled with a thousand words, trying to speak to me. Her lips were not closed fully, like she was about to say something.

"But ..." she trailed off. "i .. oppa ... i ... it,"

"stop." i silenced her slurred stutter, and gave a smile. "Lets just forgot about it. it's my fault, and now that we have established that, lets just drop it from there."

i watched her shift her gaze from me to her food that was set before her. she her lips, and then began to eat. in a sense, it felt like she felt too guilty to eat her food.

"so..." i began to say. "i have been meaning to ask you this for sometime ..."

silence struck the room and seungmin looked up at me, asking, "What is it?"

"Do you ... still draw?"

From what i remembered long time ago, seungmin was an exceptional artist. Her dream was to study fashion and go to Paris to study abroad. My dream was and still is to be a photographer. i study in the art department at my college, but due to my required classes that i have to finish before declaring my major, i have to take another year of what seems like high school.

"... kind of." she answered me, sipping the soup. "i haven't gone to classes, but i sometimes drew when i was bored."

 i smirked, trying not to laugh, but seungmin caught me. Her eyebrows were now furrowed and her lips were now frowning. "Why? what is so funny?" she asked with an annoyed tone to her voice.

i cleared my throat and tried to make eye contact with her, but it was so hard. My secret was making me act so awkward, it made me go crazy. "Umm ..." i stammered, looking at her with an uneasy smile on my face. "i enrolled you in an art class yesterday ..." i trailed off.

"...what?" Her eyes were round with surprise, and her lips began to form a sweet smile. "You did? ..."

"Psh, yeah! Come on, how could i not know what my ...." i paused. it felt weird, trying to call seungmin my girlfriend. she looked at me, waiting for me to finish what i was saying. "... my girlfriend ... what she likes."

Before i knew it, she burst out in giggles. she gripped her stomach, holding it, until she caught her breath to speak once more. "Whoever said i was your girlfriend oppa?"

i scoffed at her response. "Then why'd you tell the detective that i was your boyfriend then?"

"Because i didn't know what else to call you!" she yelled across the table. "Besides you never asked me to be your girlfriend...."

"Fine, will you be my girlfriend?"

"You can't ask me like that!" she crossed her arms and looked at me, pouting a little. i look back at her, and then a mischevious grin magically appears on my face. i jump out of my seat and run towards her, and to my surprise, she does the same.

i began to chase after her around my apartment, like we used to do as kids, yelling, screaming, provoking one another with childish banter with the "you can't catch me"s and the "yes i will, watch and see"s.

After awhile, i finally had a hold of seungmin's waist, and tackled her to the couch. We were both laughing, and giggling, before i realized how the position we were in was pretty awkward. Me on top of her on a couch ... took me a long time to process in my head.

"i ... i got you." i smiled sheepishly, but the moment was soon awkward, because it was one of those moments where i had the impulse of kissing her.

i closed my eyes, and crashed my lips into hers, maneuvering them as best as i can. My tongue entered , exploring it for the first time in my life. i could feel my heart pounding, but it began to become faster as her hand was placed on top of it. i felt a push from her hand, and broke the spell that we were both under in.

i looked into her eyes, terrified, but filled with desire to continue, just like me.

Right before i was about to lean in for round two, the clock in the living room struck 9:30; the sound of the gong echoed throughout the silent room. 9:30, that meant it was time for me to go to school.

"i ... i got to go." i whispered quietly as i got off from on top of her. My heart was still beating abnormally, making me even more nervous.

"see you later." i said as i stood up to leave.

"Wait," i felt a tug on my arm, and turned back to look at her. she pulled herself towards me, and had her lips touch mine again. This time, the kiss was sweet, but it made me yearn for more.

"i'll be waiting for you, Mr. Awkward D.O."

 

~Finished with Chapter 14!!! Hope you liked it ^_^ xoxo leechwn~