It's A Wrap

Listen

Chapter 6: It’s A Wrap

 

Seohyun was so confused. She was trying to remain calm and be mature about the situation, but Yonghwa had an effect on her. One she wasn’t used to. He could make her blush, spout nonsense and act like a school girl grinning at his every word. Her mind kept going back and forth between what she wanted. She wanted Yonghwa to express how he felt towards her, but she needed to control her own expressions. She only wanted to be friends, but she kept having fleeting thoughts of being real with him. No, she told herself. She was only feeling like this because of her unnies teasing her over him. She needed to get through dinner, and then she wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore. Then, he would be a text message friend, a really close one that she would never have to be face-to-face with.

“There you are, Hyung,” said Jungshin as Seohyun and Yonghwa came back to the table. “We’re making wraps.”

“The meat came out really good even though Jonghyun scorched it a little”, said Sooyoung, who already had a mouth full. “Mr. Kang is Daebak!”

Minhyuk’s father gave a thumbs up from the cash register.

Hyoyeon was wrapping a piece of meat in lettuce and stuffing it with rice. She turned toward Jungshin. “Jungshin-ah, open wide.”

The boy did so, and he confirmed right away that it was delicious. Sooyoung pouted and helped herself to more food.

“Are we not as cute as Jungshin?” asked Jonghyun.

“Boys get jealous so quickly. Here.” Hyoyeon prepared one for him and fed it to him. It was more mechanical than when she happily gave it to Jungshin.

Seohyun helped herself to a wrap and saw Yonghwa distractedly trying to make his own.

Something had just happened between them, hadn’t it? For a minute, Yonghwa’s expression outside had told her there was something he needed to say and that it was important. Maybe he thought that she had feelings for him and wanted to clear the air. He was probably going to tell her that he was secretly dating someone else and apologize for making her think they were going to start fresh.

If that had been what he was going to say, would it have been what she wanted to hear?

Still, there was the question. If he had a girlfriend, he wouldn’t have agreed to meet with her, even if it was on a friendly basis. They had history together, and he probably wouldn’t want to explain to the girl if they were caught spending time. Maybe there was simply someone he liked.

Either way, Seohyun hated that she cared. Even a little bit. An hour and a half ago, she didn’t.

There was only one way to test if he was attached to someone or not, and if she was under the influence of her unnies or were her “feelings” that she had claimed were never real actually real. The only way with her unnies, Jonghyun oppa, and her chingoos there.

She made a pretty looking, healthy wrap and said, “Oppa, I made this for you.”

If he had a girlfriend, he would not let her feed him. Or he would let her get halfway and then shove it into his own mouth. It was risky and brave of her, everything she wasn’t, but she had to know. If she didn’t need to be bothered about it, then the rest of dinner would go smoothly and things could go back to normal.

Yonghwa looked at her curiously. So did everyone else at the table, their cheeks sticking out like they were all squirrels.

“Let me feed it to you,” she said calmly.

Yonghwa leaned forward and opened his mouth. She placed the wrap in, and his lips came down onto her fingers. What happened next was something she’d never forget.  

The minute his lips made contact with her skin, she became hungry, and not for the wraps or any of the other food on the table. Crazy scenarios flashed before her eyes, all of them leaving her breathless and intrigued. She snapped out of it to see Yonghwa’s bursting cheek smile. “Thanks, Hyun. That was delicious.”

Delicious? Her head started spinning.

“Dae,” she replied, standing up hastily and almost running from the table.

“Hyunnie, where you going?” asked Sooyoung.

“Excuse me,” she bowed awkwardly, halfway to the bathroom.

Once inside, Seohyun stared at herself in the mirror in shock. She could barely believe what she had been thinking only seconds ago. He had eaten the wrap fully, no interferences. But his lips, the way he stared back at her as she fed him, the slight moan echoing from his throat as he tasted it…

Hyoyeon burst into the bathroom. “What’s wrong?” the girl was concerned.

“I’m losing my mind, Unnie!” whined Seohyun.

“Come on, talk to your Unnie. What happened?”

“Ottoke, I can’t say it. Not to you.”

“Then who can you say it to?”

Seohyun sighed. “No one. It’s crazy. Or maybe it’s not. Ah, I’m losing my mind.”

“Maknae, spit it out.” Hyoyeon waited.

“When he ate the wrap, his lips touched my fingers, and just now, I…” she trailed off, aware that her face was burning. “I didn’t realize how much I missed his physical touch. Then I just didn’t want it to be my fingers.”

Seohyun waited a moment before Hyoyeon’s eye went wide. She burst into laughter.

“Maknae, do you mean what I think you mean?”

“Annio! Maybe. Molla,” she shook her head and muttered an aigoo. “But I’d never do that. Not ever. Maybe I just miss holding his hand.”

Hyoyeon touched her cheek lightly and smiled at her dongsaeng. “Those urges are normal, and one day, you’ll be able to give in to them so it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. But you’re right. Now isn’t the time.”

“I don’t get urges like that. Not even when I held his hand before.”

“Something’s intimate about watching your man eat with pleasure. You can see his masculine tendencies, right?” Hyoyeon smiled, leaning against the sink.

“When he did, I saw earnest in his eyes. I liked it,” she said, almost to herself as if she were trying to figure something out.

“Interesting.” Her unnie smirked, then turned to fluff her own hair in the mirror as if proud of something. “Hurry back before Yong seobang suspects something.”

“Wait, Unnie,” Seohyun grabbed her arm before she left, “does this mean I… I like him?”

“What do you think? The better question is, what will you do about it?”

Seohyun suddenly had a lot to think about.

“Are you ok?” Yonghwa asked when she returned to the table after splashing herself with cool water.

She nodded, looking around on the table to decide what to put in her own wrap to avoid his eyes.

“Hyun, I’ll make a wrap for you. Anticipate it, ok.”

She watched him load up the lettuce wrap with meat and all of her favorite vegetables. He leaned forward and held it out for her. She couldn’t avoid his eyes any longer. She allowed him to fully feed her but kept tight control over her mind. The wrap tasted amazing on first bite, and she allowed herself a smile and a confirmation to him that it was delicious. 

One thing was clear. Yonghwa did not have a girlfriend. Something not so clear? Seohyun’s true feelings and what she was going to do with them.

…………………

Yonghwa was running out of ideas. Everything on the table was almost finished up, and they would be leaving soon. He wasn’t going to give up yet, but he had no plan of action. He could’ve always asked her to get more air, but there was no more smoke, and she might think he was being suspicious. He wouldn’t get anywhere with her while sitting at the table. What would they do? Keep feeding each other wraps back and forth?

“Jungshin-ah, feed me a wrap,” Sooyoung suddenly proclaimed to his maknae.

It was his turn to watch the interaction of wrap feeding. Jungshin looked puzzled, then shy, then determined. He made a nice one and leaned across the table.

Sooyoung moaned happily and shot him with an aegyo look that sent Jungshin grinning like a fool. Minhyuk looked a bit sore about it.

“Was it good, Noona?”

“The best,” she confirmed.

Noona? When had they been close enough for him to call her noona?

Yonghwa didn’t miss the exchanged look between Hyoyeon and Sooyoung noona which silently announced “This means war”.

“Jonghyun-ah,” Hyoyeon turned to the boy, “Feed me a wrap.”

“Annio,” Jonghyun replied nonchalantly.

Hyoyeon put on her scary smile and leaned into his ear. “You’ll feed me a wrap if you know what’s good for you.”

Jonghyun quietly began making one, his expression one of intense amusement. Clearly he couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen. Neither could Yonghwa. He was mesmerized.

Jonghyun fed Hyoyeon the wrap, and she moaned in tasty pleasure too but not without falling back into Jungshin’s arm and lying there for a moment. Jungshin laughed shyly.

“Looks like girls get jealous pretty quickly too,” Jonghyun muttered under his breath and Hyoyeon elbowed him in the arm.

Yonghwa’s mouth was hanging open at the display. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he reached for it. It was a text from Seohyun. He looked up and made eye contact with her. 

They both want Jungshin chingoo to be their date for tonight. Are they being too much? The text read.

Almost. Another question. Is this a date? He sent back and looked up wanting to read her expression.

Seohyun flinched slightly then stared at her phone. She must’ve been reading the text over and over again, which gave him no sense of relief. Was it a date or wasn’t it?

“Ah, now we need snacks,” Minhyuk suddenly announced loudly.

The word snacks must’ve grabbed Seohyun’s attention because she looked ready to give a lecture.  

“Minhyuk-ah, having snacks this time of night is bad. We shouldn’t have even eaten dinner at this time. It will offset our bodies and make us gain weight,” she explained.

“It’s either dessert or snacks, and both are equally bad for you,” expressed Hyoyeon to her dongsaeng. “We’re all adults, and we work hard everyday. If we want snacks, we’re allowed to get snacks.”

“Unnie, you know how I feel,” Seohyun pouted, not backing down. Yonghwa liked that. He now felt even guiltier for drinking coffee so much after they divorced.

“Seohyun, can you pick us out healthy snacks instead?” asked Minhyuk nicely. “There’s a store not far from here. Just a couple of blocks over.”

“Why are you asking her as if she’s the one going to get them?” asked Yonghwa.

“She’s our maknae. We want her to,” said Hyoyeon. “And you should take her just in case some weirdo tries to kidnap her.”

“Yah! Why me? Jungshin, Minhyuk, go get us some snacks,” Yonghwa ordered his dongsaengs.

“We don’t want Jungshin and Minhyuk to get the snacks. We want you and Hyunie to walk your butts to the store,” Sooyoung ordered back. “Or are you insisting she go by herself?”

“Oppa, it’s ok. If I don’t, they’ll just come back with something sweet,” Seohyun was already standing up and collecting her purse.

“Then I’ll come too.” It wasn’t what he had in mind to finish up the night, but he was not about to let her drive the van or walk the streets by herself. It could’ve been bad news if she went with either of his dongsaengs and was spotted. He could see the articles now. Seohyun prefers the Nation’s Chingoo to CN Blue leader Yonghwa. Seohyun and Minhyuk more than same-aged friends. Jonghyun is Seohyun’s real CN Blue oppa. SNSD gets kidnapped on the streets of Seoul… All CN Blue’s fault.

Things could blow up in his own face if they were caught together, but better him than anyone else. He only wanted Seohyun’s name next to his own.

 

A/N: This chapter gave me hell. I wanted to play some games, but I don’t know any Korean games other than that one syllable/character game they always play and that one drinking game. None of them fit that well. You’re probably also asking why they are going to walk instead of drive. I have a simple explanation for that. It’s because I wanted them to walk haha. They were the Walking Couple for awhile anyway, right?

Sorry if you thought it was boring, but hey, I tried. As for the Seohyun being thing, I debated about including it, but it just kept showing up in my mind so I added it. Don’t worry. This story won’t change to M haha, but I’ll probably write an M story for these two another time. I have more time to update, but while I can’t promise updates everyday, I’ll finish it in a timely manner :) Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting!! You guys are awesome!