Listen

Listen

Chapter 16:  Listen

A/N: Didn’t mean to troll you guys last night, but I was soooo exhausted. The minute you finish reading this chapter, please listen to SNSD’s new Japanese song “All My Love is For You”.

 

 

For the first time in her entire life, Seohyun was unable to sleep. She tossed and turned in her bed and couldn’t get comfortable until she sat up completely, only to see Hyoyeon cozy and sound asleep in her bed across the room. The thick curtains were drawn shut, blocking out any light to allude that it was early morning, but Seohyun knew the minutes were ticking away. Eventually, she gave up on sleep altogether.

She tried reading some of her book, but she couldn’t concentrate. She kept re-reading the same paragraph over and over, not retaining any of its message. She remembered sitting on the bench at the Han River where Yonghwa had pretended to take an interest in the topic. But he had had genuine interest in having children with her in the future. That made her shut the book.

She wasn’t feeling hungry but thought she ought of eat some sort of breakfast. She blended some apples and milk, hoping it would settle her body, but it didn’t work. She paced around the living room quietly sipping from her mug, hoping that no one would wake up. She remembered making the drink for Yonghwa on their show and recalled watching the episode and blushing when he had commented that he loved watching her back in the kitchen.

She tried listening to music, and at 6:30 in the morning, she grabbed a sweatshirt and took a walk. It wouldn’t have been dangerous if she was an ordinary person, but she was Seohyun of Girl’s Generation. Anyone could kidnap her off the street, and it wouldn’t be the fun kind that their friends had done only a couple of hours ago. Still, she didn’t care. She had to settle her mind.

Her nature sounds music came to a halt through her headset as she walked, and her favorite song, “Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson began. Seohyun had every word of the song memorized and knew its meaning well. It was the song that motivated her to chase her dreams, to be ok with stepping away from her mother and letting he father’s hand go to achieve something great. But now, the song seemed to be telling her something different.

Sooyoung was right. She was no longer a child, no longer the same naïve girl who thought a book could explain even the simplest thing. But no book she had read had yet to explain the feeling that was happening inside of her as the song played on. What she did know was that she was a young woman whose father’s hand wouldn’t suffice any longer.

There was only one hand she wanted to hold, one person she wanted to rest against. There was one guy she wanted to cheer her loudest for, one name she wanted to call out lovingly. And his guitar, his music, she wanted to protect that more than anything. How could she sleep when she had left a piece of herself with this person? Her heart felt ready to burst as adrenaline rushed through her veins. Her head told her to go. Go as fast as she could. Her feet carried her where she wanted, needed to be.

Sooner then later, she reached a familiar building, entered, took the elevator, and arrived outside of the door, breathing hard. She rang the doorbell several times. After about 3 minutes, Jungshin answered the door, his tall stature hunched over, hair all over the place.

He yawned and blinked several times before realizing who it was. “Seohyun? What are you doing here?”

“I’m so sorry. Can you wake Oppa for me? Please.”

“Already awake,” a voice came from behind Jungshin. Yonghwa appeared, and the adrenaline pumped faster. He looked wide awake. “Seohyun, please tell me you didn’t walk over here.”

She entered. “Oppa, please,” she started quietly, “I need to say something.”

“You could’ve called. Why were you walking by yourself?” Yonghwa scolded.

Jungshin looked at the two of them, then shuffled back to his room.

“Oppa, please, listen to me. I lied to you,” she started to cry. “I lied because I’m scared. I didn’t want things to go further than we could handle, but I did what you asked. I listened… to my heart. And it told me that I needed to be here, with you. My head agrees too.”

There was a long pause before Yonghwa cracked a smile and shook his head. She wiped at her tears. “What?” Was he telling her it was too late to go down that path?

“Come with me.” He took her hand gingerly. “I want you to listen to something.”

He led her into his bedroom and closed the door. She sat down on his bed while he took his headphones from his desk and dangled them in front of her. Almost immediately, she felt comfortable.

“I just finished this song,” he said quietly. “The minute I got home, it just all rushed out, everything that I feel. Everything you just told me. It’s called Listen.”

She took the headphones from him and slowly placed them on her head. He pushed play on his computer. A beautiful melody filled her ears, a beautiful mixture of the guitar, drums and bass like a heartbeat, and Yonghwa’s voice, singing the words of their night together. In the lyrics, their story played out like a movie. Her smile and hesitation, his confessions, what happened at the beach, all of it. She closed her eyes and let the music flow through her. When it came to an end, her eyes flickered open and landed softly on his.

“So, what do you think?” he asked.

“I love it,” she whispered. “And I love you. Oppa, I love you.”

The sun was coming up all over the city, and soon it would rest on Yonghwa and Seohyun sharing their first intimate kiss. It would work its way along the curves of his fingers gently holding her head, highlight the brown in her hair as she moved her lips and tongue with the rhythm of his, and trace their bodies pressed together in an embrace. And if and when they pulled away, it would shine on both of their faces as they faced the music of their feelings and actions together. And the music to be faced was beautiful.  

 

Fin.

 

 

A/N: So? How’d you like it??

If this was a movie, the new SNSD song “All My Love is For You” would  be the song playing in the last scene and for the credits. Are you listening to it?

SERIOUSLY, thank you for all the support, subscriptions, and lovely comments for this story. It means a lot, and this story was really important for me to write. I’ll try to improve my writing more. There will also be a poster for this one posted sometime in the near future. I was able to find a graphics shop at the very last minute. Wander back and check it out if you want.

There’s another Yongseo story I want to try, but it’s super super LONG. I’m really busy right now, but look out for it in a month to 2 month’s time. It will be called “Open Your Eyes” and will have a very different concept. It’ll be a mixture of comedy and drama.

I still love Yongseo, although I don’t know what the future has brought or will bring for them. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad about what you wish for or believe in or call you what you aren’t (crazy, delusional, etc). It’s not a crime to love Yongseo and wish, right? Gogumas fighting always!!

 

Soundtrack of this Story:

In My Head (Kor. version)- CN Blue

The Boys (Kor. version)- Girls’ Generation

Misery- Maroon 5

Party Rock- LMFAO

You’re Beautiful- One Direction

Rolling In The Deep- Adele

Blah Blah Blah- Ke$ha

Party- Beyoncé

Call It What You Want- Foster the People

Enchanted- Taylor Swift

For First Time Lovers (Live)- Yonghwa and Seohyun

Edge of Glory- Lady Gaga

One Time- CN Blue

We Are Young- Fun.

Marching Bands of Manhattan- Deathcab For Cutie

Falling Slowly- Once movie soundtrack

Breakaway- Kelly Clarkson

All My Love is For You (Jap.)- Girls’ Generation