Our friends

Somebody that I want to know

 

Days lately had become really long and tiring. Luhan had been occupied with his literature assignment because ever since he become friends with Kris, he seems to get distracted a lot which isn't good at all.

 

With that in mind, for the past few days, Luhan has been doing his literature project and not really being social with anyone. He decided that it was best to do this and make sure to present a good work in front of that I'm watching your every more so be careful teacher of his and then he would concern himself with his friends, and most importantly, Kris.

 

It's been a while since they have talked. It was crazy actually because right after that day on the library where they introduced each other, they have been hanging around a lot. Well it usually was around collage but sometimes when they had time they hang out outside of collage as well. Going for coffee or something like that.

 

But well now there he was in his apartment. He was wearing some old gray baggy shirt and some jeans that he found on his closet, and finishing it with his thick glasses that he only wore at home. He didn't really care much for his aspect. Well, at least not when he's at home. The only one who knows about his habit is Yixing, but he was a good friend and never told anyone about it.

 

And since usually no one ever comes to their apartment without telling him first, there has never been any incident of someone knowing his little secret of liking to wear plain clothes.

 

Stopping thinking about useless things, Luhan shook his head trying to get his mind clear and started again with his project. He wasn't going to go slaking off and present an project and then get to see the victorious smile on his teacher's face. He was planning quite the contrary actually. For his teacher to see his smug smirk after he does a a very goddamn project.

 

 

--- ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ --- 

 

 

Kris was making his way towards Xiumin's house. The guy seemed to be worried over something, he didn't want to tell him what over the phone saying It is way too serious to tell you, please come now.

 

Kris sighed because he knew that what Xiumin had to tell him wasn't really important, well, at least not for anyone really. Xiumin is, to put it in some way, strange. Not in a bad way though but he takes everything seriously, even the most little thing. Usually the things that Xiumin thinks are serious aren't really. But well since his friend has always been by his side Kris wasn't going to let the boy down and he would always help him with whatever he could.

 

As he arrived at Xiumin's house, Kris rang the bell and immediately a very serious looking Xiumin appeared before him. Taking him by the arm and telling him to go in. Ppalli, Ppalli!

 

Kris raised an eyebrow at him, a bit shocked at his friend's behavior. Xiumin looked in the living room to see if his parents were there and after seeing them sitting on the couch looking at some movie he motioned Kris to go up to his room. Kris complied and went up the stairs, making his way towards Xiumin's room.

 

Once they were inside Xiumin closed the door and looked straight at Kris. To be honest Kris, himself, was staring to get a little worried because Xiumin has never been like this before and this was being so secretive and so so strange.

 

Kris sighed and asked Xiumin what was going on and why where they being like that. Xiumin seemed a bit conflicted with his own self, not knowing if to really tell Kris about it or not but he decided to do it since he knew Kris would help him, or at least try.

 

Xiumin sighed and made his way over to his bed where Kris was sitting and he sat as well. “You know, .. I don't really know how to say this, but something strange is happening to me.” Kris raised an eyebrow. “Are you okay? Where you hurt somewhere or something?” Xiumin shook his head. “I'm not hurt anywhere, it's just..” Kris tilted his head, waiting for the other to continue but when he saw that he didn't seem to go on Kris spoke first. “You know that you can tell me anything, right? And I will do my best to help you out.” He said trying to make the other more comfortable. This seemed to be a more serious problem than he had thought.

 

Xiumin looked at him for a moment and nodded his head. “I-I.. think that.. I..” Kris once again waited for Xiumin to finish, not wanting to pressure or rush him. He brings his hand to the older male's shoulder and give it an encouraging squeeze.

 

Xiumin breathed one last long breath, closed his eyes shut and half shouted. “I.. I think I'm in love!” He stayed with his eyes closed and head down for a while, waiting to see what was Kris reaction.

 

On the other hand Kris was left dumbfound. He blinked for a couple of times, processing what the other had just told him. He then looked at Xiumin when the later opened his eyes to look at him as well. Kris gave him a look that screamed Really? That's all? and then sighed. Glad that it wasn't anything too serious. “You know, being in love isn't something that serious. Why are you acting like this? It's not like is the first time you're in love, isn't it?”

 

Xiumin just shook his head. “You don't understand. Actually I know that being in love isn't anything serious. The problem here is of whom I fell for.” Kris tilts his head in confusion. “Who is it then?” Xiumin sighed again. How many times has he been doing that anyway?

 

“Actually, the person who I'm in love with doesn't really matter. It's something else.” Kris rolls his eyes. “Get to the point.” Xiumin gave him one glance and then looked away. “Well the thing is that.. I'm actually in love with.. a male.” He shut his eyes again, as if Kris was going to scold him or something. Kris just sighed. “That's not really much of a big deal you know.” He says calmly, lying back on the bed. Xiumin just open his eyes widely. He thought that Kris would have a different reaction. Not a pleasant one at that, that's why he was so serious and quite scared but he liked that Kris was pretty much okay with it.

 

“I thought you would hate me for it or something.” Kris raised an eyebrow. “Why would I do that? You're my friend, so it doesn't matter. Whatever problem you have I will always try and help with what I can. I wouldn't hate you for something like that. You just overreact.”

 

Xiumin smiled widely and hugged the life out of Kris. That day they ended up spending it together and it ended up with Kris staying over at Xiumin's house. Xiumin explained to him the whole love thing. Who he was in love with, which by the way, if you are curious, the one who Xiumin likes is some boy a bit younger than him who very much like pandas and even though he looks like he would kill someone, he is actually very adorable and a Gucci maniac, if you know who I mean.

 

Kris smiled whenever Xiumin talked about the boy. He had sparkly eyes and even though it was a bit creepy for Kris' liking, he still found himself smiling because his friend was very much being cute and even if Kris won't admit it, he likes cute and adorable things very much.

 

In the end Kris ended up talking to Xiumin about Luhan because he hadn't really had the time up until then, and since the other was being really honest with him, Kris was going to be as well. Xiumin was pretty much good with it and even told Kris that he talked like someone in love. Kris only laughed and shook his head but deep inside he was wondering what he really felt for the other male.

 

 

--- ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ --- 

 

 

The day of the exposition finally come. Luhan was very much prepared for it since he had been working on it for the past week. Yixing was beginning to get worried because he stayed up until late at night. But he always shrugged it off.

 

Now there he was, in front of the class, preparing to explain his project oh-so-perfectly. And like that did he actually do it. When the exposition was over everyone was clapping at him, even the teacher had his mouth hang open. Luhan smirked mischievously at his teacher. I won written all over his face. The teacher scowled and rolled his eyes. Dismissing him with a very not so gentle hand gesture and telling him that he would know his note some other time. He then ended the class. Luhan could only snort. He shook his head smiling ever so slightly.

This day seemed to start really well.

 

However his next classes were boring as hell and since it wasn't interesting, he wasn't paying attention at all. He just sighed and looked out of the window, hoping the hours would go on faster. After the bell rang, being it the last class, he could go now and have lunch.

 

Luhan made his way out of his class and headed to the canteen. He smiled widely, wanting to tell Yixing the news about his literature teacher. But while he was walking happily in his own mind, he bumped into someone much more taller than him.

 

The books that both, him and the stranger, were holding shattered on the floor. Luhan bent down to pick his and apologized to the other. “Sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going.”

 

The other person bend down as well, grabbing his books and chuckling a bit. “Don't worry. I wasn't looking where I was going either.” Upon hearing that voice Luhan's face shoot up and stared at the male in front of him. Immediately a smile appeared on his face as he shouted “Kris!” and hugged the taller male.

 

Kris was being a bit shocked by the other's sudden move but he smiled ever so slightly and hugged the other back. “Luhan. How have you been?” Kris says while letting go of the other. Luhan grins. “Perfect. Today seems to be my lucky day.” Kris raises and eyebrow and speaks again after gathering all his things and getting up. Luhan doing the same. “How so?” Luhan tilts his head ever so cutely and Kris heart jumps just a little.

 

“Where are you going? Maybe we could go eat lunch together and I will explain.” Kris nods his head. “I was going to the library to give those books back. And I'm pretty much okay with the lunch idea.” He smiles a bit and Luhan jumps happily. “Let's go leave those books and then we can go to the canteen.” Kris just nods again.

 

 

--- ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ --- 

 

 

Luhan and Kris sat on one of the tables at the canteen, next to the window. They already arrived from their trip to the library and are now eating lunch. Luhan explains to Kris the whole literature teacher affair and how he is really happy to have won over him.

 

Kris just sits on his chair and nods at Luhan, giving sometimes tiny smiles. Kris has never been one for smiling, not because he didn't like it, but because he thinks smiling all the time isn't necessary. He only smiles when needed, which actually is the reason why he can't stay too long with a certain forever-smiling virus.

It's not that he hates Chanyeol, not at all. Kris actually likes the guy a lot, they seem to have a lot in common, more than Kris would like. But Chanyeol is too hyper for Kris liking since he, himself, is more of the calm and think-before-doing person.

 

Either way Kris doesn't find Luhan's smile or hyper self a nuisance. He actually likes it although maybe Kris hasn't figured quite the reason for that but whenever he sees Luhan smiling Kris smiles along with him. It's strange, not in a bad way though.

 

Luhan noticed that Kris hasn't been paying attention to him since a while now. He wonders if he's maybe being too boring. He grabs Kris shoulders and shakes him softly. And it seems that it worked since Kris looks surprised at him. Luhan smiles shyly. “Was I babbling too much? Sorry if it was boring.”

 

Kris blinks at him confused and then understands that he had gotten distracted by his own thoughts. He shakes his head. “You weren't being boring, don't worry. I was just thinking about a friend. Sorry.”

 

Luhan stops smiling and looks at him concerned. “Did something happen to your friend?” Kris shakes his head again. “Well, not really. He just overreacts.” He smiles remembering yesterday's night talk with Xiumin. Although he kind of lied to Luhan about thinking about Xiumin, but he was still concerned, because Xiumin had never really liked someone, well at least not as much as it seems now. He though about what would that bun do. He sighed.

 

Luhan was beginning to feel curios about what the other was thinking and who was this friend Kris was talking about that made Kris smile just thinking about him. He was about to ask and see if he was lucky enough to get the information out of Kris when he felt hands pressed on his shoulders.

 

Luhan looks up only to see his best friend looking at him with a wide smile. Luhan sighs. Kris on the other hands is surprised even though his face doesn't look like it.

 

Luhan clears his throat. “Kris this is my best friend, Yixing. Xing, this is Kris.” He smiles and Yixing takes a seat next to Kris. Luhan sighs. “Hi, nice to meet you.” Yixing says with a wide smile. Kris tilts his head a bit and gives the other a small smile in return. “Nice to meet you too.”

 

Yixing looks at Luhan giving him a mischievous smile before looking back at Kris. “You know, I heard a lot about you from Luhan.” Luhan blushes and the only thing he wants to do right now is trow Yixing of the window even if he is his best friend.

 

Kris on the other hand smiles a bit looking at how frustrated Luhan looks. Then puts his attention on Yixing. “Really? What did he tell you?” Yixing, pleased with the outcome, looks straight at Luhan. “Well, he talked me about the first time he meet you.” Luhan looks up from the ground, which seconds ago was very interesting to look at, and looks at Yixing. Fear clear in his eyes. Yixing better not tell Kris about the kiss incident.

 

Yixing amused by the reaction Luhan is giving him shifts his gaze and looks at Kris. “But I don't think you know when was your first actual encounter.” Kris looks confused. What did he mean?

 

But before he could ask Yixing what he meant by that, a loud noise is heard from the entrance of the canteen.

 

The three of them look in that direction to see what was happening. And when Kris sees who's the one causing all that ruckus he quickly stands up. Yixing and Luhan gets surprised by Kris sudden move and look at him confused. “I have to go. See you another day.” He says in a rush and heads to the entrance.

Yixing and Luhan looks at themselves after Kris disappeared, confused as to what happened for him to go like that. They focus their gaze towards where Kris was heading. They saw how Kris grabbed some guy's hand and brought him out of the canteen.

 

Luhan looks back at Yixing, more confused than ever. “What did just happened?” Yixing looks back at him, as confused as Luhan. “I don't know, but seems like that person was someone your friend knew.” Luhan nods absentminded, but then everything that happened before the sudden loud noise and Kris disappearing comes back at him and he looks with a murderous aura at Yixing.

 

Yixing looks at him and gets startled by what he sees. “What's wrong with you now?” Luhan keeps his gaze. “What where you thinking of saying to Kris?” Yixing stares at him confused before he understands and he smiles widely.

 

“I was just going to help you, you know.” Luhan growls at him. “Help me, my .” He says before letting a deep sigh. “Don't ever tell him that, got it?” He looks at Yixing with determination written all over his face. Yixing rolls his eyes. “Why not?” Luhan sighs again and looks away from Yixing. “Because what will he think of me then? What if he thinks that I'm some ert or something? No way.” Yixing laughs, hard. And Luhan looks at him with a pout. “Yah! I'm talking seriously. Don't laugh.”

 

Yixing keeps laughing for a moment before stopping but with an amused smile plastered over his face. “I don't think he will think of you like that, believe me.” Luhan doesn't look convinced with what Yixing just said. The other rolls his eyes before continuing speaking. “I'm being serious. He looked like a good person and I really don't think he will say or think anything like that.”

 

Luhan still doesn't look very convinced but he lets out another sigh and nods. “Either way, don't dare say anything to him.” Yixing pouts. “You're not fun.” Luhan rolls his eyes as he finishes his lunch that he abandoned a while ago.

 

 

--- ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ --- 

 

 

“What where you doing?” Kris looks at him shocked. The other male rubs his neck sheepishly. “Sorry, I was just really freaked out and I had to talk to you and I didn't know where you where so I kept on searching and..” Kris listens to Xiumin babble about what he has been doing before stopping him. “Wait, wait. You mean, you've been searching me like some crazy person, causing ruckus all over the school?” Kris asks calmly. Xiumin gulps and looks away. “Well .. kind of, I guess.” Kris closes his eyes and sighs deeply.

 

“Okay, let's forget about that, you already found me. But next time don't go like that around school really.” He looks at Xiumin and the other looks at him as well before nodding and giving a small smile. Kris returns the smile. “What happened to you anyway?”

 

Xiumin looks confused at first but then he laughs a bit before clearing his throat and sighing. “Well, yeah. About that.”

 

 

--- ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ --- 

 

 

Author's note: 

I'm really sorry for uptading so late! But seem like in summer I'm even more busy than being at school OTL

Because of my diferent and random trips I haven't had much time and because I still have two more stories to update, which I haven't still ._. But well when I have the time I will because right now I'm in one of my trips and I'm tiping this from a friend's laptop lol 

Anyway sorry for the typos.. I still haven't looked over it, so if there are errors please excuse me >.< Anyway hope you like it, even though I myself don't really like it because my inspiration those days is lacking and this is kind of rushed too so once again sorry!

I will be going now! Have a nice summer everyone! And hope I can be able to update faster in the future! ^^ 

Oh and before I forget, for those who doesn't know what Ppalli means, well it's fast lol I don't even know why I wrote it like that but it sounded right so.. ><

Subscribe, comment and enjoy! :D 

Thank you! ^^