By One's Lonesome

Savior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jonghyun’s phone rang gallingly as it echoed through the soundless room. Jonghyun lazily walked to the desk as he answered the call.

“Hello! How are you my bro?”, a guy said cheerfully on the other line. Jonghyun quickly discovered who he is. It’s no other than Shim Changmin.

“No need formalities hyung. Just get your straight to the point. What’s up?”

“It’s nothing important though. Just to let you know that I’ll be going abroad for a few days, so you don’t have to expect any job right now. Feel free to stroll and roam around the city”

“Okay, bye”, Jonghyun was about to end the call but stopped when he heard Changmin shouted at the other line.

“WAIT!! And remember! Keep your real identity a secret and don’t get involved in any kind of trouble. I doubt if I can help you from where I will be.”

“No need to remind me, I know that. Thanks”, Jonghyun cut the line without waiting any respond from the other line.

‘Finally, I can get back to my peaceful life’

Jonghyun always longed for a normal life, even though he never admitted that. However, he used to get tied up by his job. Even as an assassin, Jonghyun had his own code and would agree to do the job ONLY if he felt that the world would be better off without them.

No matter how much he didn’t want to, this had become a part of his life, his only chance of survival. He had his own thoughts several times about giving up and just shuffle off this mortal coil to meet his sister and parents, yet he couldn’t. He would always be haunted by the nightmares and thoughts of never being able to meet his family in the upper world due the blood that had stained his hand.

As repentance, he did all the illegal work and with all the money he’d gain, he’d keep some of the amount he required for his comfortable life and gave the rest to the orphanages.

Throughout his life, he was alone and melancholy. The only thing he received from others (yeah, except Changmin hyung) was pity, which he hated the most. Nobody ever tried to understand him. Nobody. Even the law wasn’t able to punish those people who killed his sister. All it could do was pity him.

‘Throughout my childhood… I tried… I did my best to get them punish for what they have done. But no, all they did pitied me, and the offenders? They were roaming around freely after making my life a hell. How could I’ve left them? Something had to be done, and finally it came to killing. Justice? There’s nothing called justice in this cruel world. Those who believe in it are utterly naïve’

Unknowingly, tears were b from his cold eyes. Deciding to refresh his hassle mind, Jonghyun decided to go for a walk.

“Oppa!! Oppa!!”, Yoona squealed through the room.

“What is it Yoong?”, Seulong looked up from his newspaper. He was reading the newspaper peacefully in Monday afternoon, not until the high-pitched Yoona barged in and completely messing up the situation.

“Do you know where I kept my history book?”, she asked whilst scanning over the bureau.

“How am I supposed to know that? I just came this morning. Why?”

“I can’t find it anywhere! I need that book since I have a test tomorrow morning oppa!”, Yoona whined.

“Yoong, the faster you study and finish the school, the sooner you will quit studying history. Now, stop kidding around. Whining like a small baby won’t do you any good”

“I know, I know. AHAAA! There you’re you little devil”, Yoona picked out a thick book from the bookshelve. It’s a typical Yoona, she would gave up easily if she couldn’t find a thing that she have been looking for.

“Well, in that case, you should study now”, Seulong sighed as he stared back at the newspaper.

“Will do tonight oppa! I still have few hours to relax and loosen up”, Yoona reassured as she jumped into Seulong’s bed.

“Why don’t you do something more useful than laying your bums lazily instead? Dear Yoong, please go and buy some groceries for us. Can you do it?”

“Hm? Fine with me!”, Yoona hyped. She got up from the bed, took her purse and rushed out to the nearby market.

(After a while)

“Ah! Finally! Some fresh air! I swear the school was brought up to spoil and ruin our life”, Yoona sneered. She was casually strolling down the street and was heading down to the local market, which located a few blocks from her apartment.

She stepped forward into an empty small place, which was a shortcut to reach the market. She felt the presence of some people who were right behind her.

‘It’s them again, huh? So they gathered up and worked together? Gosh, they make me laugh!’. She increased her pace with a smirk playing on her face. Yoona started to sprint, making the footsteps’ were getting nearer and nearer. She swiftly ran to an abandoned alley and waited for the losers to show up.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter