Rejection → Happiness in a snap

w h i s p e r s

"Jonghyun? What are you doing here?"

 

Jonghyun walked closer to her as Kyung Mi continued backing up until she hit the wall. "I came here to see you." She sighed in disbelief and brushed past him. "Look, I told you I'm busy." Jonghyun dashed in front of her and blocked her path. "Kyung Mi, can't you spend even a little time with me?"

 

"I already did that, remember?"

 

"But it wasn't romantic enough", he stated with a smile as he whipped out another rose and held it out to her. She looked down at the rose again. 'What the..' She took the rose but she gave him a questioning look. "Why are you giving me roses? Why do you keep stalking me?"

 

"Because you're cute."

 

"Thanks for the compliment but I'm not interested in playboys", she stated as she walked away, smelling the rose. Jonghyun got in front of her again and looked at her with pleading eyes. Kyung Mi stared at him with questioning eyes. "Kyung Mi, I can change! I swear!"

 

"Pfft!" Kyung Mi began to laugh. "I'd like to see that." She walked back into the kitchen, leaving Jonghyun outside. He was losing hope but he kept his confidence up for Kyung Mi.

▬▬▬▬▬

For the following week, Kyung Mi was getting annoyed of Jonghyun and his tactics. She had enough when she stopped him in the hallway.

 

"Listen, Jonghyun."

 

"Yes, cutie?", he replied with a smirk and pinched her cheek. She slapped his hand away. "Please. Stop. Bothering. Me", she coldly told him. His smile dropped. "What? Why?"

 

"Jonghyun, I want you to know this. I don't like you. I have no respect for you. Go woo another girl. I'm not your type, nor are you mine."

 

"But I really like you!", he shouted as he took a tight grip on her wrist. "I quit my playboy ways! I'm not flirting with other girls!"

 

She pried his hand off and she sighed. "I know, I can see that. If you really like me, just respect my decision and opinion on you. Don't take it by heart. I'm sure there are other pretty girls out there who are willing to be yours. I'm just too busy to look for a boyfriend right now." Kyung Mi turned around and walked away. Jonghyun buried his head in his hands and could feel the depression hit his heart.

▬▬▬▬▬

There was a knock on the door and Kyung Mi dashed down the stairs. "I GOT IT!" She opened the door and saw Taemin standing there with a smile on his face but a spark of worry in his eyes. Kyung Mi noticed and tilted her head. "What's wrong, Taemin?" He walked in and began pacing around before turning to her. "Kyung Mi.. it's Jonghyun."

 

She shrugged. "What about him?"

 

"He..."

▬▬▬▬▬

Key led Kyung Mi to Jonghyun's room. "He's been in there for several days and refuses to eat. I doubt he even showered anyway." Kyung Mi thanked him. "You know you were pretty harsh to him though..", Key told her with his arms crossed. She looked down in guilt but Key had a small smile on his face. He placed his hand on her shoulder comfortingly. "It's okay. You can cheer him up." She smiled and nodded before unlocking the door and getting inside. She closed the door after her and locked it.

 

Jonghyun was hiding his head under the pillow and he groaned. "Key, go away. Can't you see I'm trying to heal my broken heart?!" Kyung Mi felt guilty after he said that. She swallowed the lump in and hesitantly got closer. She slowly sat beside him on the bed.

 

The movement made Jonghyun groan as he scooted a little to the other side of his bed. "Go away, Kibum!"

 

Kyung Mi breathed out a quiet, agitated sigh. She had no choice but to get closer to him. The guilt was slowly killing her. Jonghyun was lying on his stomach so Kyung Mi laid a hand on his arm. He slowly opened one eye by the sudden touch. It was soft and not firm like the others. He turned around and saw Kyung Mi smiling down at him. "Hey playboy", she softly greeted as she swiped some of his hair away from his eyes. Jonghyun blinked and timidly her cheek to make sure it was real. She felt discomforted by his touch so she took hold of his hand and placed it down. "Yes playboy, it's real. I'm actually here sitting next to you on your bed."

 

He quickly sat up and threw his arms around her. "Kyung Mi! What are you doing here?!" She gently shoved him off. "Why don't you go shower and we can talk?"

 

He smiled and quickly hopped out of bed. "Anything for you!", he shouted as he dashed into the bathroom. He stared at himself in the bathroom and a grin appeared on his face. 'SARANGHAE, KYUNG MI!'

▬▬▬▬▬

► y e o n i e ' s c o r n e r

Cheesy writer, that's me. ;D

So sorry if the flow is too fast.  ><"  And this update is kinda short so..

[ N O T E : ] I DID NOT DOUBLE CHECK FOR ERRORS. IF THERE IS ONE, PLEASE HESITATE TO POINT IT OUT. [;