Pleading for a Tutoring Session

w h i s p e r s

Jonghyun slammed his locker shut and breathed out a sigh of frustration. Everything Taemin said made his confidence crumble. It has only been one day and he was jealous every time a guy touched or made contact with Kyung Mi.

 

As he walked away from his locker, Kyung Mi ran through his mind and he bumped into several people. The bell rang and he looked up at clock. 'End of the day already?' He also realized it was Thursday and a smile, not a smirk, appeared on his face. He walked back to homeroom and saw no one in there. However, there was a stack of passes on Mrs.Lee's desk so he quickly swiped one and dashed out of the classroom to hide in the bathroom. After 5 minutes, he went back to class. Not many students were still in the school and that made the atmosphere peaceful.

 

"Mrs.Lee?", Jonghyun called out by the door. Mrs.Lee looked up at him and was a bit surprised by his presence. "Jonghyun, what are you doing here? You never stay after school."

 

"Mrs.Lee, I need a tutoring session for English", he told her. He felt a little giddy to see Kyung Mi. Mrs.Lee sighed and shook her head. "Alright fine. Don't do anything stupid." Jonghyun has never witnessed his teacher using the word 'stupid' but he nodded. Mrs.Lee took the pass from him and wrote down some info on it. She handed it back to him and shooed him out of her class. Jonghyun looked down at his pass.

 

Name- Kim Jonghyun

Homeroom- Lee Soo Jin

Heading to- Room 26B

 

He smiled and he has never felt happier in his life. A delighted sigh escaped his lips as he walked into his designated classroom. Kyung Mi was cleaning up the classroom and just seeing her back made Jonghyun nervous. He tugged at his collar and walked closer. "Uh, excuse me?" Kyung Mi turned around and her smile immediately turned into a displeased frown. "Can I help you?"

 

He swallowed the volatile lump in his throat and put on his best smile. "Kyung Mi, Mrs.Lee assigned me a tutoring session with you this afternoon." Kyung Mi sighed and rolled her eyes as she walked away to another corner. "Jonghyun." The sudden skip in his heart beat made him let out a cough. She looked at him with startled eyes. He noticed it and raised his hand. "I'm fine. Carry on."

 

"Listen Jonghyun, I wasn't born yesterday. You're not here for a tutoring session from me."

 

Jonghyun widened his panic-stricken eyes as he worried about his plan being foiled. "W-what do you mean?"

 

Kyung Mi threw a pencil at him and shook her head in disbelief. When she turned around, he slid the pencil into his pocket on his bookbag.

 

"I saw you take that pass from Mrs.Lee's classroom. And I know your intentions. It happens over and over again that I know your pattern."

 

Jonghyun hesitantly got closer and as he was about to place his hand on her shoulder, Kyung Mi stepped away from him and turned around to face him. Her eyes were bearing down into his but he didn't mind one bit. "Jonghyun, please leave. I have alot of things to do."

 

"But I really DO need a tutoring session for English."

 

"Then go see Jessica. She's still here."

 

"But she's stupid!", he cried out as he grasped her hands and got on his knees. "Please please PLEASE tutor me! PLEASE!" Kyung Mi looked down at him and saw the pleading spark in his eyes. She sighed and threw his hands off. "If I do, will you shut up and leave me alone?"

 

"For the time being but not forever."

 

"Then forget it."

 

"Kyung Mi, please! You're one of the smartest students in the school!"

 

She whipped around and looked at him. "You don't even know me!"

 

"Well I see your name on the Top 10 Honors list! Please tutor me!"

 

She crossed her arms and analyzed him. He continued pleading on his knees and she hung her head low. "Alright! Alright! I'll tutor you! Now shut up!" Jonghyun hopped up and pumped his fist in the air. "Yes! Thank you!"

 

"Pfft. I can't believe the school's playboy wants to be tutored. You DO realize I'm a geek, right?"

 

He looked at her. "No, you're not! You're just smart."

 

"Jonghyun, I hear you talk about the smartest students. You called them a lifeless nerd. I'm warning you now that you're being tutored by one."

 

He had nothing to say to that but he got closer and plastered a smirk on his face. "But you're a CUTE nerd."

 

In response, Kyung Mi slapped him across the face and slid his bookbag off his shoulder. "Let's get started", she hastily stated as she pulled Jonghyun's English book out.

▬▬▬▬▬

► y e o n i e ' s c o r n e r

Two updates in one day! I feel accomplished. [:

 

[ N O T E : ] I DID NOT DOUBLE CHECK FOR ERRORS! IF THERE IS AN ERROR, PLEASE HESITATE TO POINT IT OUT. [;