Her Second Whisper..~

w h i s p e r s

Onew was dragging himself to his locker. He stopped in front of it and looked down. "Jonghyun, can you please let go of my leg?!", he shouted as he attempted to shake him off. Jonghyun kept a tight grip. "No! Please help me!" Onew breathed a defeated sigh. "Fine. What do you need help with?" Jonghyun quickly let go of his hyung's leg and got up. "I need to know how to woo Kyung Mi."

 

Onew glanced at him, baffled. He began to laugh. Jonghyun looked at him with a grim face and he stopped laughing. "Wait, you're serious?" Jonghyun smacked him upside the head. "Yes, I'm serious!" Onew rubbed the back of his head. "Geez, sorry! But I can't help you. I'm not the romantic type. Ask Taemin! He even knows the girl!" Jonghyun purposely groaned loudly in Onew's ear and slouched away.

 

Asking Taemin wasn't the best either. The maknae threatened him to stay away from her because Kyung Mi dislikes playboys. Key was no help at all. All he did was make out with his girlfriend right in front of Jonghyun's face. His last hope was Minho and the charismatic boy was staring at himself in the mirror that was magneted to his locker. "So watchu need help with, playboy?", he teased. Jonghyun face-palmed himself and shook his head.

 

"Sorry Jjong. Anyways, what do you need help with?", Minho asked as he shut his locker and leaned against it. "I need help wooing Kyung Mi", Jonghyun timidly stated as he looked at his feet.

 

"Taemin's crush?"

 

Jonghyun pointed at him with a death glare. "STFU, he said he doesn't like her." Minho held his hands up in surrender but his face doesn't say much. "My bad, dude."

 

"Anyways, I REALLY need help trying to woo her."

 

"..."

 

Jonghyun crossed his arms and sighed. "You're surprised that this playboy is coming to you for help, aren't you?" Minho nodded but he shrugged afterwards. "It's alright, though. I think you finally quit your playboy ways." Jonghyun looked at his tall dongsaeng, obscured. "What? How can you tell?" Minho chuckled and clapped his hands. "Jonghyun, you didn't get a girlfriend this week and you ALWAYS have one EVERY week. You're coming to people for help. You're liking a normal girl. I don't think it's just a crush. I should be surprised and I really am." Jonghyun let that sink into his mind. Kyung Mi crossed his mind again and he looked down with a smile and a tint of pink on his cheeks. Minho sighed and shook his head.

 

Jonghyun shook his head back to reality and looked back up at Minho. "Sorry, my bad. So WHAT DO I DO?!"

▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun decided to stay after school again. He walked into the classroom that Minho told him Kyung Mi will be in. A rose was in his hand, which was hidden behind his back, and he walked in. Just like he wished, Kyung Mi was sitting on top of a desk [ not a chair or seat ] reading one of her romance novels. Jonghyun took several steps in before Kyung Mi heard the sounds and looked up. She shut her book and hopped off the desk. "Can I help you?"

 

He tugged at his collar and mounted his best smile. "Are you busy today?" She shot him a curious look as she slowly nodded. "Well, I have to help with my umma's bakery today. Why?"

 

"Which bakery?"

 

"Sweet Fluff bakery."

 

'Seoul's best bakery...', Jonghyun thought as a small smile appeared on his face. "Jonghyun?" He looked up and saw Kyung Mi staring at him. "Yeah?"

 

"Why do you wanna know if I'm busy?"

 

He hesitated to tell her so he shook his head. "No reason." He held out the rose he hid behind his back. "Th-this is for you."

 

'Dammit, Jonghyun! No stuttering!'

 

Kyung Mi widened her eyes as she looked back and forth between Jonghyun's hopeful face and the beautiful pink rose in his hand. She didn't want to take it but her heart got to the best of her. She raised her hand and took the rose. Analyzing it, she looked up at Jonghyun and a small smile appeared on her face. "Thanks alot, playboy." She walked out with her stuff and the rose in hand. Jonghyun didn't like how she called him a playboy but since she took the rose, it was enough to make his day.

▬▬▬▬▬

"Kyung Mi-ah!"

 

Kyung Mi threw her stuff down and ran up to her mother, who embraced her in a tight hug. "Umma! How are you?"

 

"I'm fine. What about you, dear? Have a love life?", Mrs.Park teased with a wink and an elbow nudge at the girl's arm. Kyung Mi thought about that afternoon where Jonghyun gave her the rose. She didn't have much feelings or respect for the boy but she thought it was sweet that he did that.

 

"Well, not exactly umma."

 

"Alright, tell me what's up."

 

They both went into the kitchen. Kyung Mi put her apron on, slid her sleeves up, and tied her hair in a ponytail. She grabbed the needed items and ingredients. "Well see, there's this playboy in my school."

 

"Playboy?", Mrs.Park questioned as she poured flour into a bowl. Kyung Mi timidly nodded. "Total playboy. He has weekly girlfriends. There's not ONE week where he doesn't get a girlfriend. He is dangerously flirtatious and acts all nonchalant like he's the coolest thing on Earth."

 

"Keep going, dear."

 

"When we first met, he thought he could try to get me falling into his trap. But he didn't get a girlfriend this week and he kept bothering me and stalking me. Just today, he gave me this." Kyung Mi walked over to her bookbag and pulled out the rose. She sniffed it before handing it to her mother. Mrs.Park took a good look at it and a memory struck her mind, bringing a smile on her face. "You know Kyung Mi, this reminds me of how your father and I first met."

 

"Really? How did you meet?"

 

As the story was told, Kyung Mi couldn't help but notice a deja vu between her parents and her and Jonghyun. "Wow umma, that's how Jonghyun and I met." Mrs.Park stifled a chuckle and ruffled her daughter's hair as she returned the rose to her. "Then maybe it'll happen to you. You'll never know."

 

Kyung Mi smiled at her mother. "Thanks umma." Mrs.Park held out a small cake to her daughter. "Can you hand this out?" Kyung Mi nodded and took the cake from her umma. She handed it to the person waiting at a table and gave them a bow and a genuine smile. When she turned around, her eyes almost popped out of her head at the sight of that person in front of her.

 

"Hey Kyung Mi."

▬▬▬▬▬

► y e o n i e ' s c o r n e r

2nd update for today. [:

Comments are ♥ ! ~