Chapter 2

I Want to Be Bad!

Chapter 2

 

...

 

"The Student Council is my enemy!!!" Ren shouted into the wind as he leaned over the protective railings of the school rooftop. "They don't like my blonde hair or my style!!"

Ren paused to take an angry slurp from his orange juice carton. He turned to face the dark haired boy who was lounging casually against the wall with a book in his lap.

"Minhyun! What do you think?" Ren subconciously stuck out his lower lip indignantly as he looked at the older boy for confirmation.

Minhyun's gaze softened as he gave Ren an amused smile. "It's just like you, Ren. The Student Council is annoying to say the least."

"Uh..." stammered Ren as he squeezed his juice carton too hard in shock. He had not expected a top student like Minhyun to say that about the Student Council. 

"You've got some juice on your face," Minhyun got up and walked to Ren, wiping Ren's cheek with his finger.

Ren closed his eyes and exhaled deeply. Ah, I'm starting to chill out again, thought Ren as he turned towards the railings to enjoy the breeze and let his mind wander.


....

On the rooftop, there's this special person. The first time we met, I couldn't take my eyes off him.

Ren was tired of being teased by JR and Baekho and had sneaked up to the school rooftop. To his surprise, the door to the rooftop was unlocked this time. Peeping out through the door frame, Ren saw a handsome dark haired boy sitting against the wall reading.

"How did you unlock the door?" Ren asked curiously, holding up a piece of wire. "I tried last week but I couldn't crack the lock!"

The boy looked mildly surprised at the interruption and stared up at Ren. "I convinced one of the teachers to give me the key," he said. He turned his gaze towards the key he was now fiddling with.

"It's not like I wanted to jump or anything. I just wanted to read in peace."

Ren's attention shifted to the silver pin on the handsome boy's collar. Crap, he's one of those geeks from the advanced placement class! Ren thought.

"I just don't want to deal with stuff sometimes, you know? Sometimes I want to get away and relax..." The boy continued and locked gazes with Ren.

 


"Wanna join me?"

...



"By the way," said Minhyun, interrupting Ren's thoughts. "Don't think using physical force with the Student Council is going to get you anywhere." Minhyun gently warned as he sat himself back down against the wall.

"Well,"  Ren frowned and tilted his head, "The president pisses me off so much I wish I could kick his in an alley somewhere! But..."

"The president?" Minhyun sat up straighter as a concerned look flashed across his face.

Ren huffed and gestured indignantly to the air, "The know-it-all prick! The dude with the nerdy glasses!"

Minhyun's expression settled as he lowered his gaze. "Aron... Aron's a capable guy. We're in the same class."

"Anyway," Minhyun snapped his book shut and stood up, smiling reassuringly at Ren. "It's time to go home, it's getting late."

I'm going to ask him today! Ren thought as he gathered up his courage. "Uh..." Ren grabbed Minhyun's shoulder and stammered out, "Mi.. Minhyun! Wanna hang at my house?"

Minhyun turned to look at Ren who immediately flushed and looked down.

I know, thought Ren. We're polar opposites. But I just want to be good friends...

"Sure," said Minhyun after what seemed like an eternity to Ren. "Let's go to your place."

"Ah.. Cool! Let me get my stuff from my locker first!" Ren grinned happily and raced down the stairs.

"Slow down," Minhyun called out as he followed Ren, smiling at the excitable blonde's back.

 

...

 

"The know-it-all prick! The dude with the nerdy glasses!"

"Who, me?"

 

...

Ren's image of himself - tough guy

Everyone else's image of Ren - harmless rabbit

 

...

 

Minhyun's face when he sees Ren

 

Minhyun's face when he sees others

 

 



~~ Next chapter, Conspiracy?? Ren is being bullied!!


Plot and lines are mostly from the Japanese manga "I Want to Be Naughty" by Sakuraga Mei [M18]. This is the NU'EST version!