Cupcake.

Key's Lullaby.

 

After two more weeks in the hospital, Key, or Kibum, as he now wanted to be called, was allowed to go home. He had spent many days fantasizing about the place he lived. Maybe it was a huge mansion, with a lot of butlers. No, it probably was just an apartment. Did he live with Jonghyun? He didn't know. He sure did hope so, but he wasn't allowed to ask questions. He did know that he lived in Seoul now, which surprised him. He didn't like cities, did he? He couldn't remember. 

 

Slowly he walked towards the bag that Minho had packed for him. He hadn't recovered from his injures yet, not even close, but he was glad that he could leave the hospital. Inside was a little bag full of make-up, -he couldn't believe that he owned that, with a little drawing of a key on it. He didn't get why everyone kept calling him Key, but he was determined to find out. He knew that the doctor had told the four boys,- he wasn't comfortable with calling them friends just yet, not to answer any questions or explain too much, but for some reason he knew that he would be able to get some answers. That's exactly why he specifically asked for Jonghyun to be the one who would pick him up. And well, maybe him being handsome played a little part, too.

 

Jonghyun carefully helped Kibum, who breathed out slowly while sitting down, in his car. Kibum smiled weakly at Jonghyun, who looked worried. "I'm glad you're coming home." Jonghyun said. Kibum blinked. So they did live together! His heart skipped a beat, but he wasn't sure if it was because he was shocked or because he was excited. Maybe it was just a bit of both. 

"Me too.. I guess. So.. What's my, ehh- I mean, what's our house like?" Kibum tried. Jonghyun smiled. 

"We live in an apartment. It's quite alright." Kibum smiled, he was very curious about the place.

"So… Why is everyone calling me Key?" Kibum asked. Jonghyun frowned.

"Well that's because Suju already has a-" Jonghyun stopped in the middle of hit sentence. 

"Suju?" Kibum asked surprised. "As in, Super Junior?!"

"Ah, Ani. It's just.. It's a nickname I gave you." Kibum frowned. What did Super Junior have to do with his nickname? 

"But if it's your nickname for me, why are the others also calling me Key?" Jonghyun smirked, he might as well mess with the others a bit.

"Their jealous because they're not as handsome as I am." Kibum nodded, he was glad that Jonghyun was helping him out a bit. 

"So what do I call you?" he asked, blushing. Jonghyun chuckled. 

"You? Ehh.. You call me.. Ehh.."

"Wait let me guess! I call you… sweetheart?" Jonghyun shook his head. "cutie pie?" He frowned. 

"Not even close!"

 

Meanwhile the other SHINee boys were running around the house, hiding every piece of evidence that would lead to their friend finding out about SHINee. They didn't know if Kibum had already developed his someones-hiding-something-from-me sense when he was 14, but it was worth the try. After Minho had hidden everything securely in a place he knew Kibum would never come, (the closet where he kept all his sport-stuff) he sighed and dropped himself on the comfortable couch, where Taemin was removing the pictures of them that related to SHINee. The 'normal' pictures were allowed to stay in place.

"I should tell him that his favorite food is Chicken and that we eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and desert…" Jinki murmured. Taemin glared at him.

"What are you saying? We can't do that!" he snapped. Jinki raised his hands.

"Just kidding! Just dreaming… Chicken for breakfast and desert that would really be somethi-"

"Jinki!" Taemin and Minho stopped him together.

"Alright, alright." Jinki gave in. Knowing that they were being serious,- they never used his real name. 

 

Kibum continued trying to guess his pet name for Jonghyun, who was trying hard not to laugh at the ridiculous names the younger one came up with. When they arrived in front of their apartment, Jonghyun quickly helped Kibum out of the car.

"Here, climb on my back." He said. Kibum shook his head.

"I can't!  I can't lay on my chest just yet."

"Oh…" Jonghyun frowned, before carrying his friend bridal style. Kibum squeaked in shock and grabbed Jonghyun's T-shirt. "Hold on tight," Jonghyun laughed, as he entered the code to unlock the main door that led to the stairs and the mailboxes. "It's only two floors up from here." Kibum giggled as Jonghyun carried him all the way up. Minho opened the door. Kibum's eyes widened.

"What are you doing here?" He asked Minho. Minho frowned.

"Eh. I live here?" he replied, surprised. 

"But cupcake, I thought we were going to our place?" Kibum said in an Aegyo voice.

"We are, we're here! Welcome home." Jonghyun said.

"Cupcake?" Minho repeated, trying hard not to laugh. Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

"Don't ask." 

 
-
 
I'm sorry for my chapters being so short, but it's only because I want to update at least once every two days, maybe even daily sometimes. I can't effort to post major chapters. Also I feel like updating very fast every time I read all your super super super sweet comments, so that's why... I'm sorry! 
 
Please keep commenting and telling me what you'd like to happen, whenever I use an Idea or get inspired by one of your comments, I'll mention your usernames right here! :) Also, what do you think Jonghyun's pet name should be?
 
I'm looking forward to reading your comments, you guys are the best, really! 
 
X,
 
May.