12 Confession

Key's Lullaby.

 

I'm baaaaack! I'm so so so so SO sorry for being such a horrible updater. I really am :( I had a lot of trouble, getting motivated to write again. I had no idea where to start, how to write this chapter, how to write the actual confession... But now that It's finished, hopefully I'll be able to finish this story smoothly without months of waiting between chapters. My guess right now is that this story will be finished after three more chapters, but I'm not sure yet! Please look forward to more, I promise you will not have to wait this long again! ^-^''''''''''''

-

"You did WHAT?!" 

"Shhh! He can still hear us!" 

Kibum groaned, letting himself fall down on his bed. His head was hurting… Why was his head hurting? He pulled a pillow over his head to block out the loud noises that were coming from the living room. He didn't know why the others were so angry with Jonghyun, they weren't going easy on him at all. 

"Hyung are you kidding me? After all our hard work you just promise him like that?! Do you know the consequences of telling him? He's in danger!"

Blocking out the voices wasn't working like this. The black haired boy got up again and he walked to the other side of the room, opening one of the many drawers. He needed his mp3 player right now. Music would block out the yelling. He failed to find it, though, and he sighed. "So frustrating!" He yelled, and in his anger he kicked one of the drawers. He whined when it hurt his foot and he sat down on Jinki's bed, taking off his shoe and looking at the damage. It didn't look like anything serious, but he still felt like yelling at the desk. He let himself fall back onto Onew's bed and he felt something poking through the pillow. His heart skipped a beat when he realized what it was and he quickly reached under the pillow, taking out Jinki's iPod. 

"Finally!" he groaned, and he pressed the shuffle button. An unfamiliar english pop song came on, and Kibum put the volume up till he couldn't hear his arguing roommates anymore. He closed his eyes, focusing on the song and the lyrics, but he didn't understand much of it. When he was calmed down a little, he stood up and he fixed Jinki's bed, pulling the sheets straight and shaking the pillow a little. He whined when his foot stung with pain and he turned around to glare at the drawer. That's when he noticed that the drawer was hanging loose. The boy got curious and he pulled the drawer open with a little force. Apparently his kick had caused the lock to break, which made it possible for him to open the drawer without the key. Inside the drawer were a couple envelopes. He looked around, as if anyone could see him right now, before he took one of the envelopes. 

"Juliette.." he read out loud, frowning. "A love letter?" He opened the envelope and came to the conclusion that it wasn't a letter. There were pictures in there. The first picture was one of Taemin with a mask on. Kibum laughed, and he continued looking at the pictures. There were more pictures of his roommates, and even a picture of himself wearing a mask as well. He shook his head, frowning, and he put the pictures back, taking out another envelope. "Lucifer… Sounds scary." he opened the envelope, but just when he was about to take out the pictures, the song on Jinki's iPod ended and a new one started playing. It was a catchy song with a fun beat, a song that Kibum would've really liked if it weren't for his head, that was starting to hurt again. "Ah… he groaned, and he took it out of his pocket to turn down the volume. It helped a little, until he heard a familiar voice singing what seemed to be a love confession. Kibum groaned again, feeling his legs getting weaker and soon he collapsed, dropping the envelope, making the pictures spread over the floor. 

"Listen, that guy came at us out of nowhere, taking our pictures without even asking! I had to stop him!"

"Yes, I agree. But throwing him in the pool was a little reckless, wasn't it?! Do you know what will happen to our image if this comes out? If the management hears about this, we're dead! No.. You're dead!" 

"Minho… Calm down. Jonghyun realizes that he's been stupid, don't rub it in right now. Safe it for when we came up with a way to solve this problem. What exactly did you tell him?"

"I told him nothing, I just promised that I'd explain everything once we'd get home…"

"And what did he see?"

"I tried to cover his eyes when we went through the crowd of fans and paparazzi, but I'm sure he heard the screaming, and memory loss or not, Kibum isn't an idiot… He knows something big is going on."

"So where is he right now?"

"In the bedroom, I told him to wait there for me."

"Well then… Let's go get him. I guess there's nothing we can do but tell him the truth."

 

Jonghyun opened the bedroom door, peeking around the corner. "Kibum?" he asked softly before stepping into the room. His eyes widened and his breath got stuck in his throat when he saw Kibum laying on the ground, surrounded by SHINee's promotion pictures. "Key!" he yelled, kneeling down next to him and shaking his shoulders. "Kibum-ah! Wake up!" the older boy begged desperately. "Oh god… I shouldn't have taken you out with me… I'm so sorry Kibum.. Please wake up.."

"Jonghyun.." Kibum's weak voice sounded, and Jonghyun opened his eyes right away to look at him. "You idiot." he added, and he slapped Jonghyun's cheek hard.

 

"Why didn't you just tell me you're famous?" Kibum asked, clearly upset. He was sitting on the comfortable chair while the others sat across from him on the couch. Jonghyun opened his mouth to answer, but Kibum cut him off. "I mean, I know you probably want to live like a regular person, but you can't take me out and just expect me to deal with your fans when I don't even know about them! That's selfish!"

"Well.. The thing is.." Jinki hesitated. 

"What? You're going to tell me that you're famous as well? And what does that make me? Your maid? Am I hear to clean up after you arrogant celebrities? Because if that's the case, I quit."

"Kibum… You saw the pictures, right?" Jonghyun asked, his voice shaking. 

"A couple." Kibum muttered. "Why?"

"We're… I am… Jonghyun's not the only famous one here." Minho kicked off the big confession.

"I don't care if you're all famous, just keep me out of it!" Kibum complained.

"We can't…" Taemin said, biting his lip and looking at the others, as if he was asking for permission. Minho and Jonghyun avoided eye contact, but Jinki nodded slightly. Taemin sighed and he looked back to where Kibum was still sitting. "There's this… Really famous group. They're popular world wide, but especially here in Korea. I'm their main dancer. Jonghyun is the lead vocalist. Jinki is the leader. Minho is the main rapper…"

"Good for you." Kibum said grumpily. 

"They have a fifth member." Jonghyun suddenly said. "He's very talented, and good looking, and funny. He can be a nagging pain though, but that also makes him like our mother." slowly, he stood up, walking closer to Kibum. "Key… Please remember…" he whispered, kneeling down in front of the chair and resting his head on Kibum's lap, a tear escaping from his eye.

"No… No no no no no. This is ridiculous. I can't be famous! This is a joke. This is a huge joke! Tell me it's a joke?" Kibum looked around the room, but he got no response. "It's… It's a joke… Right? Jonghyun? Tell them it's a joke!" 

"It's not a joke, Key.." Jinki said softly.

"Stop calling me that!" Kibum screamed. He pushed Jonghyun's head off of his lap, stood up and he ran to the door. Just when he was about to open it, someone else opened the door from outside. Kibum screamed and he jumped back. "Who are you?!" he asked, panicking. Taemin, who had followed Kibum to the door, looked up in surprise when he saw a familiar person standing in their hallway.

Choi Jin. SHINee's manager.

 

-

 

Soooo.... Please let me know what you think and leave a comment! :) 

 

<3,

May.