Prologue.

Key's Lullaby.

You know what. I don't care that I said that I would wait 'till I've finished 'Never Brighter'. You are so sweet for subscribing and commenting and ashglghsdfg my heart ;-; Please contintue to support this story and let me know what you think! Comments really give me a huge writers-boost. 

Key's lullaby; Prologue.

 

 

"What's this case?"

"Male, around his twenties, got hit in a car accident. Broken ribs, probably."

"Hypertension, also!"

"Is he conscious?"

"He's slipping away!"

 

 

A steady and constant beeping pattern was the only sound in the room. A man dressed fully in white stood there, leaning against one of the walls. Accept for his black hair and glasses, he almost appeared invisible against the white paint. One of the other's who was sitting in the room sighed, he had never liked hospitals.

 

"He will wake up…Right?" the boy asked, softly grabbing the hand of his friend, who was still unconscious. Said friend was laying in the big hospital bed, wearing the pajama's his friends had brought him earlier that week. The fabric had the color his cheeks normally had; a soft, rosy pink. His blonde hair covered most of the bandage that had been put around his head to stop the heavy bleeding. The stitches that had been put in there took care of most of the blood, but not all of it. 

 

"Don't worry, Taemin. He'll be alright. He's our almighty Key, of course he'll wake up." the fourth and last person in the room send the other boy a watery smile, both trying to convince his friend and himself. It was his job to take care of his dongsaengs, and he never stopped trying to make the youngest feel confident about their friends' recovering. The doctor nodded and walked towards the bed, checking the constantly beeping heart-monitor before leaving the three friends alone.

 

"I keep wondering what will happen when he does wake up." Taemin whispered. "I know they said he'll be fine, but still… What if he won't be able to dance? What if he won't be able to sing?" The oldest one swallowed. He had been trying hard not to think of that, of what would happen to their group. It sounded selfish to him, but Taemin was right. It would have a huge impact on their group. 

 

"We just have to wait and see, and pray for the best."  said Onew, playing with the sleeves of his white blouse. Taemin nodded and looked at the face of his unconscious friend. His skin was paler than pale, he noticed, but other than that and the bandages around his head, he looked like he was sleeping. Taemin sighed and gently some hair out of his friends' face. revealing more of the bandage. He touched it slowly, tracing the lines with his fingers. A shocked little squeak sounded from his mouth when he felt someone pinching his other hand. It was a weak pinch, but still. His eyes doubled in size when he realized that the person who was pinching him, was Key. 

 

"..Onew… He's pinching me." Taemin whispered, before bending over his friend. "Key? Key can you hear me? Key!" Jinki jumped up from his seat and ran out of the room to warn a doctor. As soon as he returned, he saw his friend blinking, and finally, after six days of being unconscious, opening his eyes. Jinki hurried to the bed.

 

"Where am I?" Key's voice sounded weak. Taemin squeezed Key's hand a bit, happy to finally hear his voice again. Key's head snapped to the side, facing Taemin with a horrified look in his eyes.

 

"You're at the hospital." Jinki answered him calmly. Key looked at Jinki, still horrified.

 

"Doctor, who is this man and why is he holding my hand?"

 

-

 

Didn't see that one coming, did you?! Well. I suppose you did, since the description spoils it all. But whatever. :')

 

X,

 

May.