Let's play then

Hurt Me... State of Emergency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon POV

I couldn't focus anymore, knowing that she's here. So I picked up my empty glass and retraced my steps back through the garden to the stairs. Climbing them slowly, my mind was so preoccupied with business details that I needed to get back focus on that I didn’t realize that there were other people there until I heard a low moan as I reached the top stair.

Peering into the shadows of the balcony, I could just make out two forms. One with their back against the wall and the other so close. There was another low moan followed by an exhale of breath carrying the word 'stop'.

I pretended I didn’t see anything and I was going back inside, but the figures moved apart when the one on the wall pushed the other away. I heard an accusing voice and stayed in my spot at the top of the stairs wondering what would happen. This seemed far more interesting then what is waiting me inside.

“Stop. Stop trying to distract me. Am I only some plaything to you? I just saw you in there flirting with those people and you drag me out here so I won’t cause a scene. I don’t like it.”

A soft laugh came from the other person and they both moved into the light so that I could see that they were both girls about my own age, but I could see more than that. Neither noticed me, but I took the moment to examine them. 

One had a heavy frown on her face and I assumed she was the speaker. I took a closer look to the other one... I recognized her... It's her again... She has a girlfriend...But it seems that she's having problems with her...  

My eyes traveled down the figure that was flattered by the red dress she was wearing, the material and design accentuating her trim body line, totally matching her read hair. 

My eyes snapped back to the girl’s face when she spoke next.

“Well it seemed like you didn’t mind me pulling you out here a moment ago,” the girl in the red dress said crossing her arms and smirking.

The other girl blushed but emitted an angry huff. “Stephanie, that is besides the point. Why were you flirting with other people when you have a girlfriend?”

 

So her name is Stephanie...suits her well.


“Flirting is not a crime. Don’t you like it when I flirt with you?” Stephanie replied in a teasing tone to her girlfriend’s question.

“Of course I do, but the thing is you flirt with everyone. If I knew you were like this before, then I wouldn’t have ever approached you. It keeps happening.” 

“You can’t really tell me you had no expectations of this. You knew the score when we started,” Stephanie said dismissively, her arms dropping from their position.

“The score? I didn’t know we were playing a game. I thought this was serious.”

“Let me put it this way then. It’s been three and a half weeks already. Either we can pretend this discussion never happened for the next three days or we can go ahead and end things now. I admire the months it took for you to get my attention, but I’m sure you have heard that my attention span is short,” Stephanie explained and didn’t seem to care how callous she sounded.

“Or you can just stop flirting with other people and things can go back to how they’ve been.”

“You don’t seem to understand. Since that’s the case... I think it would be for the best if we ended things now.”

“You want to end things? You can’t. I can keep your attention on me, Stephanie!” 

I watched as her ex-follower grabbed onto the other girl and fervently began kissing her, moving between and her jaw line. I could tell she was desperate by the way she was clinging onto the girl’s arms and the swiftness with which she had made her move. However, the other girl seemed unaffected by it, refusing to lift her hands or return the kisses. 

I've seen enough! I found out that she's a player, which it was a sad thing... I like her but I don't want to love a player. I made my way in the direction of the door. I didn’t try to be stealthy and sneak to the door because there was no point in finding an alternative route back inside. What I didn't know is that they caught me. 

“Hey,” I heard just as I reached the door and I was going to disregard the call but the voice called again. “Hey, blue dress.”

Knowing that it could only be me who was being spoken to, I turned around and met the eyes of the girl in the red dress. The girl that made my heart beating, whose name I know now, Stephanie.

“Yes?” I said and saw the girlfriend turn her head to look over her shoulder. Upon seeing me the girl’s eyes widened, recognition filling her face. 

Stephanie disengaged herself from the surprised girl’s hold and began walking towards me with a smile on her face. The curve of delicate pink lips paired with a disarming eye-smile startled me for a moment as I hadn't expect her move.

 

Why is she smilling like that at me?

I had reason to be wary of the smile because the next thing Stephanie did managed to astonish both me and the girlfriend she had just walked away from.

The still smiling Stephanie slipped an arm around my waist and pulled me close before lifting her other hand to my cheek. Her fingers slid down to my chin, capturing it in her hand before she turned my face gently and dipped her own head to press a kiss on my cheek. Her soft lips lingered there for a few seconds, warming my skin where they rested. She then moved to kiss the other cheek, but the kiss landed on the corner of my mouth and again her lips lingered in the spot before she pulled away. Her arm remained around my waist and the other on my chin as she placed next to my ear.I didn't know what to do... I was so amazed by her lips and her hands all over me that I just stood there.


“Help me out. I’ll do the talking and all you have to do is stand here,” I heard her whisper before saying in a loud voice,

“I knew it was you when I saw that dress. I missed seeing you the other day, gorgeous.”

 

...What just happened? Did she just?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter