Currently.

Be his mother.

 

Sun shone in and warmed up Tiffany’s face. She shifted as the sunshine knocked on her eyelids, asking her to wake up. After a long struggle, Tiffany gave in and got up.

 

-beepbeep-

From Jessie <3

Hey Tiff, I’m getting on my flight soon. Please remember to pick me up at the airport. Don't be late.

 

Tiffany groaned. She has to go to work soon, and pick up Jessica after work. ‘Today is going to be a hectic day..’, she thought to herself while picking her outfit.

She hopped into her car and drove to work.

Road traffic was alright, no jams and the weather seemed pretty nice.

‘Why do I have to work today..’, Tiffany sighed at that thought.

Tiffany reached the office earlier than expected. She grabbed her things and made her way to her office.

 

“Good morning Ms Hwang, would you like your coffee?”, her secretary, Yoona, greeted her.

“That would be great.”, Tiffany smiled.

“Here Ms Hwang~”, Yoona chirped.

“You can stop calling me that. We are friends for 11 years already.”, Tiffany rubbed her temples.

“But you are my supervisor and the daughter of the CEO. It would be against the rules to call you by your name.”, Yoona reasoned.

“Is it because the other employees caught you calling me by my name and spread rumors again?”, Tiffany took a sip of coffee and started reading through a document on her desk.

“Nothing can get past you undetected. It’s hard to be comfortable when people say nasty things about you.”, Yoona sighed.

“Let’s have lunch later. My treat.”

“Alright~”, Yoona skipped out of Tiffany’s office.

 

Tiffany works in one of the company that her father co-owns and works at. At first, they managed to hide the fact that she is the daughter of the CEO. But people got suspicious when she was always seen with her father at social gatherings. After that, Tiffany was promoted to be Assistant Managing Director. Because people were too afraid to work around her.

 

“Come on Fany, it’s lunch time.”, Yoona whined while leaning against the office door.

“Give me a minute! Let me finish what I’m doing first.”, Tiffany replied while she flipped furiously through the documents and scribbled notes.

Unknowingly, Yoona fell asleep at her desk while waiting for Tiffany. After 2 good hours, Tiffany finally finished her work and was shocked that it was way past lunch time.

“Yoona, wake up. I’m sorry I worked so long.”, Tiffany shook the sleeping girl.

“Mmmm… This steak is tasty…”, Yoona said in her dreams while chewing on air.

“Im Yoona, wake up now or you won’t get any food.”, Tiffany threatened.

Yoona sat up immediately and grabbed her handbag.

“Come on Fany, we’re already late for lunch.”, Yoona checks her hair in the reflection at the door.

Tiffany chuckled and linked arms with Yoona, heading out for a really late lunch.

 

“Go on and order whatever you want.”, Tiffany told Yoona, who was staring at the prices and had shock written all over her face.

“Are you sure? This is a really expensive place.”, Yoona leaned in and whispered to Tiffany across the table.

“Oh come on, you know how much I get a month and you worry about me spending too much?”

“I mean, I know you earn a lot. But this place is really expensive, you can treat me at another place.”

“Yoona… I’m leaving next month for Korea.. Can’t I just have a simple meal with you?”

“Alright alright, but I’m paying half of my meal okay?”, Yoona gave in.

After finishing their meal, they ordered coffee and stayed in the restaurant.

“So, how long will you be in Korea?”, Yoona asked.

“Hmmm.. I’m not sure. Depends on what happens in Korea.. Oh! Jessie is arriving today.”, Tiffany recalled.

“Oh? How long is she staying? I didn’t even get to go on a graduation trip with her last year. How disappointing.”, Yoona pouted.

“She didn’t say. I guess for quite a while. She’s visiting her relatives here.”, Tiffany stirred the contents of her cup.

Tiffany checked her phone and it was almost time to knock off. After a small squabble with Yoona about the bill, she drove Yoona back to the office and headed home to clean up before going to the airport.

 

Tiffany waited at the arrival gate and was playing games on her phone.

“TIFFANY!!!!!!!!!!!!”, a blonde screamed, causing everyone’s attention to be diverted to her.

“JESSIEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!”, the brunette screamed back.

The two girls ran towards each other and gave each other a bear hug.