Reminiscing.

Be his mother.

 

Tiffany sits at her desk and stares at the calendar on the wall. ‘2 more months and I’ll be back.’, she thought to herself. She relaxes into her chair and sips her hot chocolate.

 

15 years ago.

“Yuwree~ Come! Let’s play in the sandbox!”, Little Tiffany dragged Yul to the sandbox.

Yul just sat in a sand and watched Tiffany play by herself.

“Yuwree, why aren’t you playing?”, Tiffany was slightly disappointed by Yul’s lack of participation.

“Fany ah.. I’m older than you right?”, Yul asked shyly while playing with the sand with his foot.

“Yes.. Why?”, Tiffany tilted her head.

“Call me oppa…”, Yul mumbled while looking to his right.

“Why? You don’t like me calling you Yuwree?”, Tiffany pouted.

“No. Of course not.. I just want you to call me oppa…”, Yul felt disappointed.

“Okay oppa. Now! Let’s play!!”

“Kekeke, okay Fany ah.”

 

12 years ago.

Tiffany was taking a nap with Jessica at Yuri’s house. Yul crept up behind them with his new puppy and used the puppy’s body to rub the girls’ faces.

Jessica  screamed the moment something furry touched her face. Tiffany’s eyes opened wide and tried to assess the situation and she found Yul laughing so hard with a puppy in his arms.

“KWON YURI! YOU IMMATURE IDIOT!”, Jessica screamed.

“You should’ve seen yourself! You’re so funny!!”, Yul tried to speak while laughing.

Tiffany just watched both of them quarrel and laughed at how funny they look.

“I’m sorry!! Stop hitting me!!”, Yul begged.

“What’s going on?”, Taeng asked as he entered the house.

“Taengoo!! Yul used his puppy to scare me and tiffany!!”, Jessica pouted while clinging onto his arm.

Taeng blushed while Tiffany and Yul laughed after noticing it.

“Alright, I asked you all to come is so that we can name the puppy.”, Yul announced.

Everyone looked intensely at the little brown ball of fur in Yul’s arms.

“We should name it something awesome like Bowster!”, Taeng said.

“What?! No!! What kind of name is that?!”, the girls protested.

“It’s your puppy, so you should name it.” Tiffany told Yul.

“Hmm.. I always wanted a dog named Buddy.”, Yul confessed.

“Then Buddy it is!”, Tiffany happily announced.

“Buddy will be like our child!!”, Yul said while making eye contact and smiling at Tiffany.

 

9 years ago.

-ringring-

“Hello~ oppa? Are you awake?”

“Mmm…. Ya….”

“Omo. I’m sorry! I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“It’s okay… Since I’m already up. What’s up?”

“Aish. I’m sorry.. I should’ve remembered the time difference.. Sorry oppa…”

“It’s really alright. I missed you too.

“Huh? Did you say something?”

“Did I? I don’t remember. Kekeke.”

“Oppa!!! Tell me~~”

“Hmm.. I miss Miyoungie~”

“…..”

“Fany?”

“Oppa.”

“Er.. Yes?”

“……”

“Fany ah? Are you ok?”

Fany starts sobbing.

“Aigoo. Fany ah, what’s wrong?”

“I miss oppa a lot.”

“Don’t worry. We will meet each other during new year’s, like we do every year.”

“For the past 2 years without you, Jessie and Taeng were so horrible.”

“Come on Fany. Don’t be upset. I’ll promise to visit if my parents allow. Don’t cry, alright? Oppa doesn’t like it.”

“Alright. Promise? I’ll wait for you.”

“Do you want to talk to Buddy?”

“Of course!! He’s our baby!”

“Our baby?”

“Erm.. Yea.. our baby.”

“-chuckles- I like the sound of that.”

“OPPA! ARE YOU HAVING FUNNY THOUGHTS!?”

“N-n-no!! Of course not! Do I look like that kind of person?”

“Then why were you laughing!?”

“Cause maybe one day we will have our own baby…”

“-yawn- Oppa~ I’m tired~ Goodnight~!”

 

5 years ago

‘Hmm, 1 new email?’, Tiffany wondered.

From Kwon Yul

Hey. Sorry I couldn’t pick up your calls. My parents are sending me to live with my grandparents next month. Things are pretty hectic now. I guess you already know what happened to my dad’s company from your father. I don’t think I can receive your calls as often now. We can always switch to emailing though!

The edge of Tiffany’s lips began to droop as she read the email. As she finished typing her reply, she sighed deeply.

 

Over the past 5 years, Tiffany and Yul communicated through mostly email. Tiffany’s family stopped going back to Korea after her father fell ill due to overworking.

Finally when she turned 24 and got her degree, she decided to go back to Korea. In hopes to go back to where she left her love.