The First.

Be his mother.

 

“I missed you so much!!”, Jessica said, still locking Tiffany in a bear hug.

“Je-Jess-Jessie.. I.. Can’t.. Breathe..”, Tiffany tried to pry herself away from the blonde.

“Oh gosh. I’m sorry!”, Jessica patted Tiffany’s back.

“I’m alright now. Let’s go!”, Tiffany helped Jessica with her enormous luggage to the car park.

 

The girls head to the car and blast the radio. As they drove to Tiffany’s apartment, they sang loudly without a care in the world. To spread their love for music, Tiffany lowered her convertible’s top.

 

Tiffany opened the door to her somewhat neat apartment, after helping Jessica get her luggage out of the elevator. They almost couldn’t get it in and out. Jessica went straight for the couch and lay down.

Being a good host, Tiffany poured a cup of water for the exhausted Jessica before sitting down on the couch next to the body that is now sprawled on her couch.

“Hey, do you want to get som-“, Tiffany said but was cut off by Jessica’s growling stomach.

The two laughed at the telepathy between them.

“I’m going to change and then we’ll head out for dinner.”, Tiffany’s voice trailed into her bedroom.

 

When she got ready, she found Jessica sleeping. She smiled at how angelic her best friend looked when she’s asleep. Putting down her bag, she went to get a blanket for Jessica. Tiffany decided to buy take out for them, since Jessica was so exhausted.

 

An aroma filled Jessica’s nose. ‘This dream is so real. I’m actually smelling it.’, Jessica started to drool at the thought.

“Jessie, wake up to eat or else it will get cold.”, Tiffany shook her.

Jessica got up and wipe off the drool at the edge of her lips. She threatened to smear it on Tiffany who was laughing at her bed hair. This led to a game of catch.

 

They finally started to eat and watched some TV. “So how long are you here for?”, Tiffany asked.

“Not very long. I decided to go back to Korea with you.”

“Alright. You know, Yoona’s still pissed at you.”

“Me? Why?”

“Did you forget that you promised to go for the graduation trip?”

“DID I MAKE THAT PROMISE?!”, Jessica turned to face Tiffany.

“Jessie!!! How can you not know what you promise people??”, Tiffany face palmed.

“I really don’t remember… I feel so guilty now..”, Jessica put down her bowl.

“You must’ve been really preoccupied with Taeng. Speaking of him, how is he?”

“He’s alright. And I know you want to know about Yul.”, Jessica teased.

“What? No… I’m genuinely concerned about Taeng.”, Tiffany tried her best to conceal her true intentions.

“Well, Taeng is happy.”, Jessica said very matter-of-factly.

“That’s all?”, Tiffany asked disappointedly.

“Of course! He is with me. After 12 years, we finally got together. So when are you and Yul getting together? Still emailing each other cheesy stuff?”

“What! No! We do not email each other cheesy stuff! He’s just replying me slower and shorter…”, a hint of sadness was in the last part.

“Oh don’t worry. Yul is busy with his company. It’s hard being a young entrepreneur.   I heard he moved to Busan recently though.”, Jessica reassured Tiffany.

“He moved?? He didn’t tell me..”, Tiffany felt worse now.

“You two are like a couple. Why can’t you two just get together?”, Jessica sighed in frustration.

Tiffany blushed. They were like a couple. They knew of each other’s feelings, but Tiffany would always deny when the others asked if she liked Yul. She didn’t want to ruin what they had. It was a special friendship. Apart from all the cheesy stuff Yul would always say to her, they were just friends.

The first time Yul met Tiffany, she was this cute and loud girl. He on the other hand, was a little prankster. Yul knew who Tiffany was, she was Jessica’s friend but Tiffany on the other hand, didn’t know who Yul was. One day, Yul decided to pull a prank on the first person who would come to class. Usually it was Taeng, since his parents worked near their school. Yul chuckled as he imagined Taeng’s helpless face. He grabbed the duster and placed it on top of the door that is ajar. He waited quietly for his victim.

 

Taeng wasn’t the first to come to school, Tiffany was. He saw her looking down and walked towards the school building with heavy steps. Yul felt something tug his heart strings. For a young boy, he couldn’t understand this complex feeling. He only knew that he felt weird.

He watched an unusual Tiffany walk past the back door and towards the front door, where his prank was planted. Without thinking, he ran towards the front door. Everything happened so fast. Yul couldn’t remember why he did what he did, but he was glad he did. Because, as tiffany pushed the door, the duster fell. But Yul managed to let the duster fall on him, instead of on Tiffany. The next moment was probably the most awkward moment of his life. He found himself, somewhat pining Tiffany to the ground.

Tiffany blinked. Yul just stared into her eyes and she stared back into his. “Don’t be sad.”, Yul blurted out. He saw her eyes starting to well up with tears and those tears streamed down her face. His body acted on it’s own and he hugged Tiffany.

Little Tiffany sobbed into this unknown boy’s shoulder. It was comforting to have someone comforting her. She felt so much better after crying, she continued hugging the boy even after she stopped crying. it just felt so right.

“KWON YURI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?”, a familiar voice shrieked.

The two looked up and saw a shocked Jessica. Then they looked at each other and the position they were in. Yul was on top of Tiffany, but since they were hugging, the distance between them was minimal. An angry Jessica grabbed Yul and dragged him off Tiffany.