Chapter Seven

Mrs. Jung Yuri

Mrs. Jung Yuri

ChapterSeven


 

The ride home was full of unvoiced worry for Yunho.  He was uneasy with Yuri’s relationship with Yoochun and he couldn’t bring himself to tell her so, simply because she made no move to hide her close friendship with Yoochun.    When he joined them earlier, she just simply acknowledged his presence and went back talking to the other guy.  They were chattering away in Japanese and it frustrated him that he couldn’t understand what they were talking about.  He could see how excited Yuri was while talking to Yoochun.

He hated how Yoochun gloated at the sight of him being an outcast between the three of them.  He tried so hard to get his wife attention that, as what Changmin told him, he looked like a dog waiting for his master’s prize.  The whole thing just set him to a foul mood.

“I didn’t know Yoochun is a son of the Parks who own are in the textile business,” he started casually.  She had been with her phone since they had left the event. 

“I was surprised, too.  We never really talked about our life here when we were in Japan,” she said and finally put down her phone on the dashboard.  “He mentioned that he was from Apgujeoung though.”

“You never knew him even before you went to Japan?” he asked, eyeing her sideways.

“I was never into the social scene,” she said.  “My sister always had that part.  The good, talented and smart daughter. ”

He in his breath at the last part of what she said.  He knew BoA was one of the few women in their society that mothers would want their sons would marry.  It was possible that Yuri might have complexities being her sister but he never really thought about it.  She never talked about her sister to him.

“I’m not bitter about it though.  She is beautiful and she supported me in whatever I wanted to get myself in.  I wouldn’t dare to count how many times she put herself in between our father and me just so I could do whatever I wanted.  When I went to Japan, she was the one who talked my father in letting me go.”

He reached for her hand and held it gently.  “You may think that you cannot live up to the reputation your sister has but there are people who think you are the world for them.”  He brought her hand to his lips and she smiled gently to him.  Her sparkling eyes looking back at him and he wished that it would always stay that way and those looks would just for him.

“Am I,” she asked and closed the distance between their faces, “the world for you?”

He never realized it, but yes, she was the world for him.  She wormed herself into his heart and mind.  Every time, he would feel like he needed to please her so he could see her smile, so she would give him sweet kisses that he wished would last forever.  He felt cheesy but she could do those things to him.

“You are,” he said and kissed her smiling mouth.  And just like that, he forgot that he was worried about Yoochun a while ago.  His jealousy was totally forgotten at how his wife reacted under his touch which made him ever more eager.  She met his kisses with equal fervor and as his touch would meet her soft skin, he would be rewarded with gasps and moans. 

Before he knew it, she already pulled him closer to her and his hands quickly discarding whatever piece of cloths that were keeping his hands in contact with her flesh.  They long before shredded the piece of inhibition that came with their arranged marriage.  She was his wife in every sense of the word in the exception of her love for him.  He didn’t mind, he never would because his love for her would be enough. 

And the night went on inside his car that carelessly parked at the dimmed alley and himself losing to her warmth.

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to ignore the presence of that Yoochun guy around Yuri.  I don’t trust his face,” Changmin said.  He was inside his office and it seemed that he made it his mission to do his rant how he didn’t like Yoochun everyday in front of him.

“Changmin, I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to hang out with my sister,” he said.  He’s starting to get tired of this talk about Yoochun lately.  Both Krystal and Changmin endlessly nagged about Yoochun being always with Yuri.  He trusted his wife and it didn’t bother him as much now. 

“I’m not hanging out with her.  I chaperone her dates with this cocky guy who loves to pout in front of the mirror since you’re already happily married with Yuri who is in frequent company of this Yoochun who I don’t like at all.”

He sighed.  He used to chaperone his sister on her dates but for three years, she had been dating the same guy.  He was cocky but he liked him for his consistency and respect for him and Krystal.  “I don’t think Kai and Krystal needs to be chaperoned anymore unless you’re call tailing Yuri and Yoochun around a chaperoned date.”

“Damn, I don’t know where you get your facts but it’s weird where those two go.”

It would be a lie to say that he wasn’t a bit interested to what Yuri and Yoochun have been doing while they were together.  He looked up to his best friend who grinned triumphantly in return.

“I knew you’d be interested,” he said and laughed a little.  “They always frequent this mechanic garage.  Those type of garage full fast cars.  It never struck me that Yuri would be interested in fast cars, you see.”

Yoochun worked at a car customizing company in Japan so it wasn’t surprising that he would be there but what about Yuri? 


 

When Yunho went home that night, Krystal was in front of the TV and kept changing the channel with a bored look.  She instantly lit up when she saw him.  He knew that she was about to say something about Yuri or Yoochun or both again.

“What?” he said getting tired of his sister and best friend bugging him about the nature of Yuri’s relationship with Yoochun. 

“Yuri’s not here yet,” she said with her catty smile.  “I don’t think I need to tell you who she’s with.”

“Krystal, please stop this already.  I don’t think you would find anything with tailing Yuri and Yoochun to that garage.  And stop dragging poor Kai when you’re at it.”  He was ready to leave her and be in the confines of their room.

“I don’t think you have noticed but she’s been pretty out of your reach lately,” she said and looked at him seriously.  He froze and the truth of what her sister just said dawned on him.  “You are always busy and you could barely talk to her while Yoochun was always around.”

He hated how her sister was making sense and how it sounded like he was just letting it happen.  He tried to contain himself and not let himself fall on whatever her sister was scheming.  “Krystal…”

“I’m not trying to break you up with her.  I just hate to see you regret that you have put heart into something and letting it get away or stolen away from you.  I care for you, dear brother, and as much as I don’t like seeing her becoming your priority before me, I would hate to sympathize with you when you get your heart broken.”

He looked at his sister, her brave face looking his understanding.  “I don’t think that will ever happen, Krystal.”  He tried so hard not to show fear of the realization of her words.

She smiled rather bitterly which made her look evil to him.  “Don’t make me say I told you so.” 


 

Days passed and Yunho could hardly see or talk to Yuri anymore.  He would always be occupied with meetings and there were days when he needed to go abroad to get more investors.  By the time he was home, he was already dead tired and opted to sleep.  There would be rare occasions however when Yuri would come by and ask to have lunch with her.  Those were hurried moments, too as he needed to for his next appointment.  So when he could get the chance to be with her, he would jump off those chances like that one time.  He took Yuri to a restaurant that overlooked the Han River. 

She looked lovely but a scrape just under her right knuckle didn’t escape his eyes.  “What happened to your hand?”

She looked at the glaring scrape against her smooth skin and shrugged.  “I got this when I accidentally bumped into the shower knob.”

He didn’t believe her.  She then went on about her day and how happy she was that she could finally spend the day with him.  He, however, was half listening to what she was saying.  There was something at the back of his mind that he wanted to tell her.  He needed to tell her because it was eating him and the more time he let it pass, the worse felt.

“Yuri…” he started, “can you tell me what you did in Japan before we got married?  They said that you were a violinist but I don’t think I’ve seen or heard you playing since we got married.”

He watched the color drain her face as she looked at him uneasily.  She regarded him, slumped back to her seat and closed her eyes.  “I guess I will have to tell you this eventually, huh?”

There was something in eyes that was hard to tell almost making her look wistful.  This he had to hear.  He was not sure if he would ever let her near Yoochun if he thought it would jeopardize their relationship.

“I stopped playing violin three years ago.  I met Yoochun after that and it changed my life.”                         


A/N:  I haven't read it over so please don't kill me if I have inconsistencies.  I'm pretty sure there are words/terms I wanted to change but I'm dead tired after a hell week (a week after exams/ thesis!).  At some point, I was tempted to make this chapter M-rated but yeahhhhh, I forgot that I don't write M-rated stuff.  Also, if you read Polar, I'm planning to update this week (please pray for my body and soul to make this possible), and to write a KaiStal which is a prequel to a YunRi and a short MinYul.  I have other pending stories so I am doing it one step at a time.  

And I dedicate this chapter to my beloved thesis adviser who invaded my dream.  She was chasing me with an axe(which also relates to failing/poor grade in my country) screaming that she would fail me!  I know I had 4 hours of sleep but it doesn't mean I'm slacking.  Thanks a lot!  And this is the fruit of my yet another zombie night.