Chapter One

Mrs. Jung Yuri

 

 

Mrs. Jung Yuri

 

ChapterONE

 

 

He stood in front of the altar, fidgeting and uneasy.  Yes, he is getting married but to a woman he barely knows.  His parents arranged him to marry one of the Kwon’s daughters.  He didn’t even have the chance to object.  Their family is in debt with the Kwons.  He guessed that they are somehow interested in Jung Corporation to let their daughter marry him when they are clearly the ones calling the shots.

 

He sighed.  There are a lot of things he sacrificed for this.  He thought of his passion for painting.  Sadly, he couldn’t pursue it anymore.  He has to work for their company now that a merging is on his father’s mind.  He is the only son and he is going to run it.  Then he thought of Tiffany.  The poor girl had to go back to America after he got her heart broken.  Somehow, his heart ached for the three years that they were together.

 

Somebody tapped his shoulder. 

 

“Hyung, she’s here.”  It was Changmin, his best man.  He turned around and saw the influence of the wedding.  The church is full of known people; politicians, businessmen and a few celebrities.  His parents are beside the Kwons.

 

The Kwon are beautiful people, they exude poise and elegance.  They are the Korean van der Woodsens.  A familiar beautiful face waved at him.  Ah, Kwon Boa, his classmate in high school.  She is the bride’s sister.  Why couldn’t it be her anyway?  They got along well back then.  She is now a theatre actress.

 

Everyone started to rise and a beautiful, sweet song started playing.  All eyes were fixed on the woman gracefully gliding towards the altar.  He couldn’t see her face because of the veil covering it yet he could hear collective sighs somewhere.  He tried to look somewhere but there’s something about her that he couldn’t keep his eyes away from her.

 

Anxiety.  He thought it was normal for grooms to feel that way especially when it was the first time for him to see his bride.  As she came closer, his heart was beating louder and faster.  He couldn’t hear the sweet song anymore.  He held out his hand to her when she was finally within his reach.  He saw Mr. Kwon beam and his father nod at the corner of his eye.

 

“I’m Kwon Yuri.”  It was the first thing that Yunho heard from his bride.  It was a soft whisper and he was the only one who heard.  “It’s the last time that I am going to say it.”  Yunho smiled.

“Nice to meet you, Kwon Yuri.”



 

 

“I promise to take care of you, to protect you, to fight for you, to be with you, to adore and to love you with all my heart for the rest of our lives together.

 

Whoever made his vow was a freaking idealist.  How could he say those things to a woman he just met barely an hour ago?  He could think of no one else but his father’s secretary, Seohyun.  He saw her reading a pocketbook the other day.  Yep, Seo Joohyun made his vow.  He wondered if whether Seohyun ever thought of how unromantic it was if the groom didn’t make the vow.

 

“I promise to obey you, be by your side when you need me, be an understanding and gracious wife as long as your heart beats for me.”

 

He couldn’t help but smile.  At least she was the one who made her wedding vow.  She didn’t say anything about love yet she still appeared to be a submissive wife with her vow.  He was starting to think that this marriage will not be as bad as he thought it would be.  It must be the voice, her rich, sultry voice that got him feeling like it.   

 

She took the glove off her hand and he reached for her bare hand.  It wasn’t as soft as Tiffany’s hand but it was still softer than he expected.  He knew that she was a violinist.  Shouldn’t her hands be more calloused?  He inserted the white-gold band studded with three little diamonds around it.  He saw an engraved word inside it but he couldn’t read it.  He noted to read it later on. 

 

He gave his left hand to her and she inserted an identical ring on his second finger.  Darn, he’s almost married now.  All they need was the priest’s announcement yet he still hasn’t seen her face.  All that he was exposed to about her somehow made him feel impatient to see her face.  The graceful walk, soothing voice and soft hands.

 

“I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the priest finally said.   “Yunho, you may now kiss the bride.”

 

His hands were sweating and his heart has never been that erratic before.  They faced each other.  He discreetly wiped his sweating hands on his pants and he was sure Changmin saw it as he saw him smirk at the corner of his eyes.  He reached for her veil and his heart was truly in a race of the lifetime.  When he finally lifted the veil off her face, he almost forgot how to breathe or at least his heart finally reached the finish line.

 

Her eyes grazed with anxiety as her straight brows were lifted as if waiting for his reaction.  When she suddenly smiled, he knew he was going to fall on the floor because he was probably dead.  Why, he was just facing an angel!

 

“A-hurm!” came from somewhere and he looked back.  Changmin was glaring at him.  He was probably ashamed of how foolish his best friend was behaving at his own wedding.  He smiled at his best man before he totally kept the veil out of his wife’s face.  Yep, his wife.  He braced himself for their first intimate contact as he was about to kiss her.  She looked up to him expectantly and he reached for her hand.  As their face drew near each other, she closed her eyes.  Their lips met and he savored his first kiss with his wife.  He forgot to breathe again and he could feel the softness of her lips.  He tasted the peculiar taste of her lipstick and he opened his eyes.  Her eyes were still closed.  He let go of her hand and he became aware of the loud applause around them.  He saw his best friend chuckling probably amused.  He hated that his best friend is having a good time out of this.

 

He offered her his hand as he led her way out of the church.  She smiled and took his hand.  Hand on hand, they walked out of the church as flowers and confetti was showered upon them.  Pictures could wait later on.

 

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Jung Yuri.”

 

His wife blushed visibly despite the light make up she had on. 

 

“Nice to meet you, too, Mr. Jung Yunho.”