Chapter Five

Mrs. Jung Yuri

“Oh, hey, Krystal!”

“Don’t ‘Krystal’ me.  I haven’t forgotten what you did to me in Spain, you e,” his sister said and found a seat in front of him and Changmin.

“Soojung then,” Changmin said as he crossed his legs and grinned at the object of his fun-making.  He swore that he could see Krystal bristle at Changmin’s words but knowing how she acted around Changmin, she’d just ignore him all along.

“I have no time to entertain some who would just ruin my day,” she said seriously.  “Anyway I came here because I haven’t finished what I was gonna have to say last night.  If I was here during your wedding, there would be no way it happened.”  Changmin snorted.

“We knew that would happen if we did not do anything to prevent it,” Changmin said.  He stood up and went for the door.  “I’ll leave you two to talk.  Yunho, if anything happens, you know I am two floors down.”

“If you’re gonna leave, I am sure that you would want to go as much as possible,” she looked at Changmin maliciously and smiled.  “I talked to Yeonhee on my way here.  She was so glad about what I had told her about your little conference in Spain.”  And with the speed like his mother was behind tailing him, Changmin bolted out of the room, leaving the two of them alone.

Yunho felt like he needed to explain everything to Krystal.  She was his sister and even though he felt like he did the right thing, he owed her the whole explanation.

“I checked.  What she said to me last night was all true,” she said quietly.  “You had to do everything to keep this company afloat but I want to know.  I want to know how you feel.”

He stared at his only sister, his little Soojung.  There are a few people who knew so much about him even without him saying a thing and one of those people is Soojung.  Perhaps taking care so much for her made him too transparent to her.  There’s no way he could lie his way around her.

“It didn’t sit well with me.  When father told me about it first, I was set on turning it down.  I told him that we could do well even if Kitagawa would pull out and I convinced him that I could help bring the investors in.  But there was no sign of Kitagawa’s recovery and more of companies associated to Kitagawa in Korea started to suffer with economy’s withdrawal.  Father brought up Kwon’s proposal once again.  I have never seen him so hopeless before.  What’s worse was that he said nothing about it to mother.  And he had no intention of telling her unless he was sure to raise the company’s assets again.  I had to agree under rules and conditions discussed with Kwon.”

Soojung sat there.  She must still be understanding his situation.  He thought his sister has grown so much.  In other situations, she must still be an impulsive raging sister he had but right then, Krystal was deep in thought.  It was so much different than the Krystal he had known.

“What about Tiffany?  Did you consider an option with her in it?” she asked.  He sighed.  For weeks, he had not thought of her.  It wasn’t easy to make her understand then and he didn’t expect her to.  Their relationship was for a long haul, it was what they thought.   

“She will find someone who will love her as much,” he simply said.  He couldn’t even bring himself to say Tiffany’s name in front of Soojung.  Tiffany was the only girlfriend Soojung approved of.

“You broke her heart.  Is that it?” she asked again.  Her voice was unexpectedly shrill like she was about to cry.  “Did you know how much she did to make your relationship work?  She moved to Korea and had to go against her father’s wishes just to be with you.  She had to talk to me everyday just to get close to me.  Damn it.  What’s wrong with you?  You’ll never see Tiffany in that girl.”

“No, I won’t.  Yuri… she’s,” he said grasping for something apt to say about Yuri, “… different.”

He felt like it was the only explanation he could come up for now.


When Yunho came home that night, he found Krystal on their living room, reading a newspaper.  He didn’t dare to ask why on earth she was reading a newspaper and not one of her magazine collection.  He also noted that she didn’t even budge even after he acknowledged her presence.

He went up straight to their bedroom where he thought his wife would be when Krystal was downstairs.  He swore that if Krystal did something to Yuri, he’ll never forgive his sister.  He was however disappointed to find an empty room.  There was no Yuri.  Panic ran through him as he searched all over the house for his wife.

“Looking for something?”  Krystal looked at him, “Or perhaps, someone?”

He loved his dear sister but sometimes, he really had the urge to strangle her with her long hair. 

“What did you do to Yuri?” he dared ask. 

“What made you think I did something to your dear wife, brother?” his evil sister asked back.  He heaved a sigh.  He won’t play any of her games.  Not now.

“Krystal, I’ll ask again,” he could see her sister’s smile widen.  She was winning in her own twisted game.  “Do you know where Yuri is?”

“I’m not the lost and found department,” she said as she gave him her evil look, “but because you’re my brother, I’ll tell you that Yuri, your wife, went off with a guy this afternoon.”

It was better to ignore his sister than to believe what she was saying.  He knew that Krystal doesn’t like Yuri, that would be reason enough not to believe her.  But he knew his sister most.  If there is anything that he knew about Krystal is that she doesn’t lie.  She is scheming and almost like an evil incarnate but his sister was honest.

“A pretty good looking guy nevertheless,” she added.  It was salt rubbed to an already open wound.

Before he could say anything, a sound of skidding tires got his attention.  It sounded dangerous.   What caught his interest more is Krystal’s reaction and before he knew it, he was already sprinting outside to see what was going on.

He was just on time to see Yuri got out of the driver’s seat of a black maserati.  His heart leapt at the sight.  If it was because she was driving the car, or she looked utterly hot with her loose hair, or her indescribable elated smile, he couldn’t tell exactly. 

“Yunho!” she called as soon as she saw him gaping at her.  She waved her arm at him and she looked really happy.  His heart almost burst. 

Then another door of the car opened and it was as if he was flashed with a bucket of cold water.  The guy from the night of their wedding was with Yuri.  His hair was in ponytail and he was with Yuri. 

     


A/N: I was gone for too long.  I left this chapter unfinished before I "picked the pen" again to write so if the tone or the style of the writing is off, you know now the reason.  Tell me if it's horrible, tell me if it's good.  I am so dying to hear from this side of the fandom.