Chapter Two

Mrs. Jung Yuri

 

 

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Mrs. Jung Yuri

ChapterTwo

 

It was the night of their wedding and Yunho already knew that his marriage with Kwon Yuri is not going to be an easy one.  Everyone was having a good time.  Changmin had a blast making him the night’s social laughingstock as he told stories of Yunho’s reaction to his impending marriage.  Even his parents enjoyed his little revelations because no one could simply not likw Shim Changmin.

 

Amidst the fun and laughter, he noticed his wife to be missing.  He worried that  she might be crying somewhere knowing how girls are usually sensitive during weddings.  He quietly slipped out of the gathering and went to look for his bride.  The Kwon mansion was huge so he had a hard time finding her.  When he reached the garden, he overheard an incomprehensible conversation so he decided to stay for a while and listen.

 

“You don’t love him,” said the low and husky voice.

 

“No,” said the female voice which sounded so much like her new wife’s voice.

 

“So why did you let yourself be trapped in this marriage?”  He could imagine the guy’s strained face as he was saying it. 

 

“Come with me.  Let’s go back to Japan together.”  And there was a rustle.

 

Yunho found himself infuriated, jealousy adding fuel to his hurt pride.  How dare this guy convtince his wife to elope with him at the night of their wedding?  Whoever this guy is, needs a good beating.  He decided to introduce himself.  To his dismay, when he “showed” himself, the two weren’t payong attention.  They were in fact, in their own world as they committed an act of adultery.  The two were kissing in the dark.  He could see his wife’s white dress.  The one she changed into before the party started and he could make out what they were doing and his wife’s hands are on the guy’s long locks.

 

He wanted to separate the two, punch the guy’s face into a pulp and hide Yuri from him.  But he controlled himself.  He felt like he would just come in between the two.  He thought that this could be her last night together with this guy.  She, too, was ed into this situation and she accepted her fate.  He snuck back to where he was before and listened.

 

“This is wrong,” he heard Yuri say.

 

“No.  This marriage is what’s wrong.  You don’t love him and he probably doesn’t love you, too.”

 

“Yoochun, please. This is not going to work.  I am married now.  You should just forget about me.”

 

“Yuri, I can’t,” the guy sighed.  “You will always be in my heart.”

 

Cheesy, Yunho thought.  He didn’t expect Yuri would like that kind of guy.  He peeked one last time.  The guy was hugging his wife.  A bitter smile tugged on his lips.  Ironic.

 

And he quietly snuck back into the party.  Changmin was still holding the microphone but he was already singing.  Everyone was listening to him sing and they even applauded as he hit the high notes.

 

“Congratulations,” a voice said to him.  It was BoA.  She has glass of champagne and raised it to him as if to a toast.

 

“Thank you,” he said.  BoA laughed lightly.

 

“I mean it.  Congratulations,” she repeated.  “You are lucky, Yunho.”

 

He wanted to scoff at what she said.  She was only saying that because she didn’t know what her sister was up to that moment.  She didn’t know that her sister was currently at their garden doing who-knows-what by then with somebody else.

 

“Yuri.  She’s different.  She’s passionate and headstrong.  She may get herself in trouble at times but she regrets nothing.  She doesn’t just get into something serious on impulse.  Since we were young, she would always be fighting for what she thinks was right.”

 

“I’ll take care of her.”  He didn’t know what made him say it but he did.  At what he had witnessed earlier, he felt like taking care of herwas the best thing to do.  BoA looked at him. 

 

“I know you would.  She needs it.  And someday, I am hoping that you would find it in your heart to love her.”

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

He didn’t know how many minutes have pssed but it like a decade already.  People were asking where his bride was and he’d just make an excuse.  It was the most awkward moments of his life.  When he saw Yuri again, she was back to her jolly and charming self.  There was no hint of the woman in the garden with another guy.

 

“Hey,” she smiled at him.  Her eyes are a bit red and her make up seemed to be just reapplied.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked her.  She must be crying.  So she turned the guy down, huh?  Poor guy.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Her smile widened and her smile lines deepened.  She reached for his hand which sent electric jolts through his hands.  “C’mon, let’s have our first dance together.  Ever.”

 

He let her pull him to the center which became the dance floor for couples.  He wasn’t surprised when everyone watched that the missing bride is back into the groom’s arms.  Her sweet smile makes others smile, he noticed.

 

“Mrs. Jung,” he heard her mutter.  There was a sudden pinch in his heart when she said it but he just pretended to hear nothing.

 

“I am Mrs. Jung,” she said a little louder this time.  He looked down at her.  There was an ipish smile on her face that also made him smile.  She let out a giggle and burrowed her face in his chest.

 

“Mrs. Jung, you’ll rub your make up on my coat,” he .

 

“Oh.”  She pulled away a little and looked if she really rubbed her make up on hid expensive coat.  “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to –“

 

“Mrs. Jung, it’s fine.  You can use this as a mop if you want.”

 

“That’s –“ then she realized what he said.  He called her Mrs. Jung twice.  She gave him a scowl before  her eyes widened and burried her face in his chest again.

 

Kwon Yuri – now Jung Yuri – is a piece of art.  He marveled at how quickly her expressions change.  She’s like a kid and so unlike the Yuri that her profile on his desk back from his office.  She was a violinist in Japan.  A bit of troublemaker when she was still in South Korea.  She once broke her neighbor’s windshield for no reason.  The Yuri in his arms right now is very much different.  His Yuri.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞