Chapter Four

Mrs. Jung Yuri

Mrs. Jung Yuri

 ChapterFour

 

 


He looked her way again only to clench his teeth together.  He had already told her to put Yuri’s clothes down but Krystal had been holding onto it like her dear life depended on it.  Her eyes didn’t leave Yuri for a second even if he was the one talking to her.  Changmin calls her “-sama”.  He never tried to call Changmin for that for he knew that Krystal, his dear sister, acted like one.

“Krystal, I swear, if you put Yuri’s clothes down now, I’ll talk to you calmly like I always do,” he said in a very low voice.  He saw Krystal flinch a bit but only to raise her brows higher than they already are and switched her glare towards him. 

“You dare threaten me?” she said and finally threw Yuri’s clothes to them.  He knew that they wouldn’t be hurt but he still tried to block Yuri from being hit. 

“Krystal, please stop being violent,” he hissed.  He was trying to hide Yuri from Krystal now.  He knew from experience that Krystal tends to be hysterically violent when she didn’t get what she wanted.

“I am not being violent but you are being a traitor, Jung Yunho!” she finally buckled.  Krystal tore her eyes   away from Yunho and began sobbing.  “Did you leave me in Spain just so you could get married?”

Yunho was at a loss for words.  It was actually their father’s plan.   They all knew that Krystal would do anything to keep Yunho from marrying Yuri… or rather anyone.  She’s overly attached to him and there had only been one girlfriend Yunho had that she approved of but not after months of getting to her good side though.  His father said that if they could only keep Krystal away even just for a day or two, the wedding would go as planned. 

“And what’s worse, you had to get use that damn Shim to get away!”  The young girl’s words were full of spite that didn’t come as a surprise to him.  Krystal always hated Changmin’s guts and the latter just loved teasing his sister.  “You purposely let him come after us so he could annoy me and I would decide to run away again, didn’t you?”

His sister, despite being a running time bomb, is a smart woman when she’s not being impulsive so he’s not surprised that she figured out what their plan was.  What he didn’t expect was that Krystal would be coming home so soon.  “Krys, I’m sorry.  We just didn’t want you to stop the wedding.  It was extremely important and we all know how emotional you could get sometimes.”

“So it was my fault now?” she glared at him and her voice rose in a dangerous tone.  “Did that girl’s family blackmailed father into merging the two companies?  Father’s company is not in dire need for any investments right now and if it does, you could get it.  Everyone believes in you.  You alone could be a great asset for the company.  Why did you have to marry her?”

He glanced at Yuri first.  They both knew the circumstance of their marriage but they haven’t really talked about it.  He was uneasy.  They were really doing great now and he was afraid that this conversation with Krystal would affect their good relationship.

“Eiji Kitagawa had a heart attack.  He was the chairman of Fontan Corporation and he was also the biggest investor of your company.  Your father’s company is not the only one in danger of this unfortunate incident.  He financed a lot of big companies in South Korea because he was trying to expand in Asia,” Yuri said.  He was surprised that she knew about it.  He always had the impression that she just agreed to the marriage without having any deep knowledge about it.  “But father was willing to help you out.  It wasn’t just a selfish decision to have his daughter marry someone who could be the heir of the company.  It was a duty of a Korean to help his fellow at a time like this.”

He looked at his wife intently.  She had that far-off look in her eyes and was set in a relaxed faint smile.  She was fine with it and it was bothering him now.  Was this the reason why she agreed to marry him?  He wanted to ask that.

“I see,” Krystal said in a surprisingly calm voice.  “Still this marriage is not what my brother dreamed to build his family with.  All of this is contrary to what he had aspired.”

She stood up and gave him a forlorn look.  “Don’t think that I have given up.  I am set to find happiness for my brother.  It’s not something you can give.”  And she walked out of the door.

There was a silence when Krystal finally closed the door of their room.  He looked around and closed his eyes.  Everything’s a mess.  Her clothes were strewn everywhere including the last pieces at their feet that Krystal threw at them.  He saw the picture of them from their wedding on the floor.  A side of the frame and the glass were broken.  His heart was wrenched.  He wondered how Yuri felt when Krystal was in the midst of this rampage.

He started to move to get those broken pieces of the frame but Yuri held him back.  Her hands closed on in his right hand.   “It’s going to be fine,” she whispered and she rested her forehead on his back.  “It’s going to be fine,” she repeated as if convincing herself.

He felt the warmth of her hands and body from his back travel through his heart.  It was like she was giving him her hope.  “It is going to be fine,” he said firmly, reassuring her that he would make sure that everything’s going to be fine.


 

 

 

“Ah-hem.”

Yunho swore that if he counted the fake cough Changmin that had been making, he would have counted a thousand already.  His friend barged in his office the earliest he had ever been and started making this fake cough but he had chosen to ignore it though.

“Ah-hem.”  He decided to ignore it but when he still didn’t stop and kept staring at him like his eyes could get through the folder he was holding, his patience was slowly getting eaten short. 

“Okay, quit with it.  What do you need?” he said without looking away from what he was doing.

“Ah-hem,” came the reply.  At that, he decided to finally tear his eyes away from his work to look at his eager best friend.

"Now, what is it that you need?" he asked, patience tested at its limit.

"I heard that she's back.  How true?" Changmin coolly.  He wanted to laugh at his friend's face.  He knew Changmin loved teasing Krystal but when she gets fed up, she can be really scary.

"She ran amuck in our room last night.  Yuri's clothes were everywhere."  

"Yes, I did."  And speaking of the devil, she walked inside his office without further ado.  He watched as color left his best friend's face.