Chapter 02

[ADAPTED] That Cute Waiter Boy

 

To be dearly honest with the world, Sehun hates working in this EXO Planet pastry shop.
 

It’s probably the uniform, Sehun thinks. He hates the uniform; the pants, especially. The fits-in-his-waist-perfectly-but-super-tight-on-the-crotch-area pants. It’s so uncomfortable, ugh.
 

"You’re not the only one." said Chanyeol when Sehun complained to him, so he came into two conclusions. One, it’s either whoever made this uniform was metric-blind, or two, this uniform was consciously made to show, well, crotches and buttocks.
 

The second conclusion is what sometimes makes Sehun think that his fat, beardy, 50-something years old patissier is a ert, and as if it’s not enough to make things worse, the waiters in this shop are actually not that bad-looking. Like Chanyeol, for example. Sure he’s weird and laughs like a retarded seal and all, but hey, he’s pretty cute when he’s quiet, and girls love him because he’s funny. And Zi Tao, that bad--looking panda, he looks really scary sometimes because of his sharp glares, but at least when he smiles, the ladies melt. And also not forgetting that new giant guy from China that rarely speaks; Wu Fan, is it? With that perfect figure and perfect face, Sehun swears that guy looks like he came out directly from a shoujo manga.
 

But of course, this is a very rude thought considering how warm-hearted—not in a erted way—the patissier is to all of them and how crazily beautiful his wife is (he brought her once to the shop and let all of the waiters’ minds wander on where and how, just how he got such a beautiful wife, for the rest of their day). He treats all of them like his own sons; the work pays really well and he pays on time; he even let them have the cakes for free if there’s still some left after the shop closes.
 

So Sehun thinks the reason why he doesn’t like working in EXO Planet is—and he finds this may be the most logical reason ever—because he hates sweet smells. He hates sweets. Well, he likes cakes, but he prefers cakes made from dark chocolate or from anything that is not... sweet.
 

"You’re weird." Chanyeol’s eyebrows met in the middle when Sehun told him. Sehun just rolled his eyes and shrugged. Chanyeol is clearly not in a place to call someone weird, you know, but he understands completely. It is weird how the sweet smell of  cakes shoving under his nose every single day for a straight 6 hours each is too much for him yet he still choose to work there.
 

He has in fact planned on quitting the job a few times because of this. But he’s confused. The work pays too well ("I need money to live properly, okay.") and despite his somewhat sleepy and uncaring face, he actually loves to smile and dealing with customers as long as they are nice. And he was still in his confusion state when that particular stomach-flipping event happened.
 

It was around 6:10 at night and his shift had ended. Chanyeol already left him in a hurry, angrily mumbling something about 'roommates problem'. He was about to leave to the pantry when the shop’s door bell chimed. Sehun, being the closest to it, automatically turned his body and greeted "Welcome to EXO Planet!" with his widest, most genuine smile possible. One more customer wouldn’t hurt, he thought, I can leave after I take their orders.
 

And boy couldn’t he be more wrong.


He held in his urge not to swear right then and there because ohdearlordinheaven that was one gorgeous boy in front of him. Well, not exactly in front of him, it’s more like behind the person in front of him. The one in the front was pretty too, by the way, but with a rather tanned skin, heavy-lidded eyes, messy black hair, and those pair of full plump lips, the boy in the back was exceptionally captivating to Sehun’s eyes.


To his relief, it didn’t take him too long to snap back to the ground from his imaginary world. Still with his wide smile, he led his two customers to a table (damn this tanned-skin boy is so gorgeous), handed them the menu (Jesus ing Christ), and waited for their order with his yellow notes in one hand and a pencil in his other (so gorgeous, so so so so—unf.). Sehun smiled again and muttered a thank you as they finished their orders and he quickly dashed to the pantry. He put the order note beside his patissier and clung on the edge of the table, mumbling to himself "Oh my god, Sehun, breathe.". His patissier looked at him weirdly.


"Why are you still here? Didn’t your shift end already?"


"Oh." Sehun totally forgot about that. "Oh, yeah, I’ll—I’ll leave after I clean up. Or something. Haha."


He ended up staying until the boy left.


The same boy came back the next day—this time he was alone—smiling as he ordered his choices, and headed towards the corner table, a little bit hidden from the rest of the shop. Sehun cursed the boy mentally for picking such a horrible sitting spot as he could barely see him.


And much to his dismay, the same routine started its cycle for the next whole week. Sehun gags at the shop’s sweet smell, the boy comes, Sehun stops gagging and takes his orders of an Americano and whatever cakes that are on the display, the boy sits silently at the corner table, Sehun hopes somehow he would catch the boy looking at his direction to see him but fails because of freaking tables and freaking chairs and freaking heads, the boy stays until late at night and leaves after giving Sehun a slight smile, Sehun closes the shop and walks home with his head full of the boy.


Until today when he comes back with his friend from before, Sehun decides he should take a step forward: getting his name. Alongside his number if it’s possible.


"How?" Wu Fan narrows his eyes at the idea.


"I’ll ask him of course."


"How?"


"I don’t know, wait until he leaves like usual and get him?" Hopefully.


"He’s not alone."


"So?"


Wu Fan stares at him in disbelief. "He stays late when he’s alone, dumb-. What makes you think he will too when he’s with his friend?"


Oh. Sehun thinks, his shoulder slumps. Right.


The last time they’re here, they only stayed for like an hour. And an hour from now will be the peak business-hour as students classes end and many will dash to their shop, while Sehun is going to be too busy serving them to even see the boy leaving.


While the famous Winnie the Pooh’s "Think, think, think" is still echoing in his mind, he heard the boy’s friend calls him. He walks towards their direction, and the rest happens in a quite a blur thanks to his fidgets and pouring excitement.


"Sehun," He then says, trying hard to hide the joyous tremble in his voice, "My name is Oh Sehun."


And as he hands in the yellow note with his number on it to the boy, Sehun decides maybe, just maybe, he doesn’t really hate the sweet smell of the shop anymore.
 


 

A/N

Voila! Second chapter! 1000+ words dammit. I'm not even sure what is this ugh. I hope this is going somewhere ;___;
And I'm not sure about the whole places and situations, since I've never been to the States (or any other country other than mine, actually) so I made the whole thing up. It's probably not right, but just pretend it's like the real ones, okay? OKAY LOL -hugs-

Comments awaaay~ <3