Chapter 09

[ADAPTED] That Cute Waiter Boy

A/N o1: New author here so the writing style may be a bit different. I'll do my best though!

 

 

Baekhyun doesn't say anything about Chanyeol for the next few days and Jongin doesn't push the matter even though his curiosity is killing him, because the last time he had tried to get confidential information from Baekhyun, Baekhyun had punched him straight in the face (Jongin's nose did not stop bleeding for hours after that). 

 

Instead, Jongin focuses on his dropping grades, because he just recently got a freaking sixty-five (at least he barely passed) on his marketing test, and his very traditional Asian parents will threaten to beat him with a big bamboo stick or a broom if they find out.

 

Jongin is on the way to the library after his last class of the day when he spots six feet of walking retarded seal laughter. Chanyeol walks by with a group of friends, a huge toothy smile on his dopey face, and Jongin has a mental image of his bestfriend pouting and moping somewhere in a dark corner of his bedroom (he vaguely remembers Baekhyun doing this when he opened yet another Twinkle album only to find out he got Tiffany's photocard again). Feeling a bit annoyed, Jongin's hand roughly grabs the collar of Chanyeol's shirt, startling those around them.

 

"I don't know what you said to Baekhyun, but fix it before I try to punch your nose in," he demands. Chanyeol stares at him stupidly and Jongin lets go of him because he thinks that maybe he's getting a bit too involved in a problem that's not his own.

 

Jongin leaves without saying anything else, and judging by the confused stares he's getting as he walks away, he knows that Baekhyun will definitely find out about this.

 

★ ★ ★

 

-DivaBaek-: Why.

-DivaBaek-: I really must have been Hitler

-DivaBaek-: Do you know what people are saying about us now?

-DivaBaek-: that you and Chanyeol are fighting over me.

-DivaBaek-: YOU of all people

KimJongin: I was trying to help

-DivaBaek-: No Jong-poop.

-DivaBaek-: You've put me in the same class as you

-DivaBaek-: My name is now associated with yours

-DivaBaek-: And we need to go to the music store again, I got another Seohyun photocard.

KimJongin: Hey you were my friend before all this.

KimJongin: And how much money have you spent on all your Twinkle albums?

-DivaBaek-: Money is irrelevant when it comes to love.

-DivaBaek-: and even though we're friends my name was still not involved in a creepy love triangle with you and Chanyeol.

-DivaBaek-: and don't you think that I forgot about last time. You owe me a Twinkle album and an eyeliner. And I want more ice cream.

 

"Kim Jongin, are you paying attention to the lecture?"

 

Jongin's fingers hover along his cell phone as he stares at his professor.

 

"... sorry, Professor Zhang."

 

★ ★ ★

 

Three hours later and almost twenty dollars poorer, Jongin stares despairingly at his wallet as he and Baekhyun walk home together from the music store.

 

"You still owe me one eyeliner," Baekhyun reminds him as he fumbles with the clear plastic wrapping of his brand new Twinkle album. "And I don't want a cheap brand, like Jordana or whatever. Get me eyeliner from The Face Shop. The really expensive one I was looking at a few weeks ago. And I'm expecting you to pay for the next week's worth of ice cream. I will eat ice cream. A lot of it. Because you are a . -Jong." 

 

"Do I look like I'm made out of money?" Jongin groans, regretting his decision of being Baekhyun's best friend as he shoves his wallet into his back pocket and glares at Baekhyun. "I was going to use the money that I spent on you on... coffee.."

 

"From where? EXO Planet Pastry Shop?" Baekhyun sniggers like the douche he is, and oh crap, Jongin nearly forgot about the whole ordeal with Sehun. Jongin opens and closes his mouth as he dumbly tries to think of something to say.

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "As I said, Dumb-Jong, Sehun probably doesn't care about the whole thing as much as you do. Just chill, why don't you? Or do you really want someone handsomer, better-looking, nicer, and less erty than you are to come snatch him up?"

 

" you!" Jongin furrows his brows in annoyance.

 

"Ewww. Why can't you just stick to wanting to Sehun?" Baekhyun grimaces.

 

Jongin smacks him on the shouler. "What the hell?"

 

Baekhyun makes a strangled-snorting sound from his throat and points ahead of them. "By the way, we're nearly at EXO Planet Pastry Shop anyway so why don't we just stop by and say hello to Sehun? We can eat cake too, and you might be able to make up and get laid and leave me out of your teenage hormone angst and-"

 

He's too busy rambling that he doesn't even notice that Jongin has crossed the street, his hood pulled up way over his head and covering his eyes so that he looked like a creeper prancing around on the streets.

 

Baekhyun sighs. "Never mind then, I guess."

 

★ ★ ★

 

"... and he's not reading my texts, I think, and I don't have him added on Facebook or Twitter or---"

 

Wu Fan looks like he's going to die as Sehun complains on and on to him about Jongin, nodding every few seconds to show Sehun that he's listening (either that, or he sleeps with his eyes open and he's only nodding to keep himself awake) and letting out low, incoherent mumbles. Zi Tao has his headphones plugged deep into his ears as he decorates the cakes that Hyungsik had prepared earlier, though he does glance every so often at the two with a guilty look on his face, probably because he left Wu Fan all by himself to listen to Sehun's endless rants. Chanyeol called in sick. The new waiter, Jongdae, is smart and opts to stay in the front to serve customers (and break more saucers, maybe). 

 

"... and--- Wu Fan! Are you listening to me?" Sehun drops his dirty dishwashing rag in the sink and glares at Wu Fan.

 

"Hm? What? Yes," Wu Fan says, blinking sleepily and yawning loudly. 

 

Sehun looks doubtful. "No you're not."

 

"I am!"

 

"What was I saying then?"

 

"... pandas..." Wu Fan mutters, looking over at Zi Tao who lets out a loud whimper when he accidentally gets cream on his black cardigan. 

 

"Screw you all," Sehun sighs, drying his hands and taking off his dirty, wet apron to switch into a clean one. "I hate you. Each and every single one of you."

 

"Now, now, you're overreacting," Wu Fan says, standing up from his seat on his stool so that he could take over for Zi Tao, who is stripping off his cardigan so that he can wash off the cream. "You see, your issues were interesting during the first few days, but now you're just being boring and redundant."

 

"What do you expect me to do?" Sehun puffs out a cheek in frustration. "He's not coming back to the damn pastry shop, and he won't reply to my texts, and-"

 

"Um," Zi Tao finally says something for the first time of the day. "Why don't you just talk to him?"

 

"Were you not listening?" Sehun scowls, eyeing Zitao's headphones. "He doesn't come here and-"

 

"I know that," Zi Tao mutters, impatience lacing his voice as he speaks. "We all do, because that's the only thing you've been talking about for the past few days. What I'm saying is that because you know Chanyeol, who knows Jongin's friend, who clearly knows Jongin, you can track Jongin down and make him talk to you."

 

Sehun blinks. "... So you want me to stalk him?"

 

"I wouldn't say it in those words, but yes," Zi Tao shrugs.

 

There's a sudden crash from outside and Wu Fan groans. "Seems like Jongdae broke something again," he sighs, dropping the decorating bag full of yellow cream. "Can you go check on him, Sehun?"

 

Sehun groans and mumbles about how he hates the sweet- pastry shop and all the work he gets, but as he's helping Jongdae clean off the floors, he's thinking more of Jongin and how they had met there, so maybe he shouldn't hate the pastry shop so much.

 

At the end of the night, he thinks that Zi Tao is right, and maybe Sehun should harrass Chanyeol into helping him speak to Jongin.


A/N: Omo, I'm very happy that this story has been passed down to me ^^ It's one of my favorites, and frostedinflame is wonderful for allowing me to continue this ^^

I admit, my writing style isn't quite on par with hers and she is significantly funnier than I am, but I will do my best to continue writing this story! 

~ XIseul