Chapter 10

[ADAPTED] That Cute Waiter Boy

Sehun decides to confront Chanyeol during Sehun's ten-minute break the next day at work. Chanyeol is checking the temperature of the cake display case. Maybe it's not a good time, but Chanyeol usually takes off right after work, and Sehun doesn't have Chanyeol's cell phone number. 

 

"Hyung?"

 

"What is it- AUGHWAAUGH!" Chanyeol yowls in pain when the top of his skull meets the lid of the cake display case when he looks up to see Sehun. Sehun cringes. Concerned customers look over and stare judgingly. Jongdae laughs from his spot at the counter and shakes so hard that he accidentally spills hot coffee all over his hand and drops the mug. Zi Tao begins to whine about the mess that Jongdae has made, and Wu Fan merely sighs and gets out a rag from the back.

 

"Uh, are you okay?" Sehun starts thinking that maybe it's not a good time to ask Chanyeol for a favor, because Chanyeol is crying a little and rubbing the injury on the top of his head through his ridiculously bright, curly hair. 

 

There's also the fact that there's a little more blood on his fingers every time he touches the wound.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine," Chanyeol replies. "So what do you want?"

 

"Uh..." Sehun hesitates. "Would it be okay if you help me talk to Jongin?"

 

Chanyeol groans and Sehun doesn't know whether it's from the pain or from the request. 

 

"You know that Jongin hates my guts, right?" Chanyeol says. "Like, really hates my guts. Hates me more than cats hate mice, than dogs hate cats, than I hate carrots, than Jongdae hates silverware, than-"

 

"Uh, Hyung?"

 

There's blood dripping down the front of Chanyeol's face now, and Sehun thinks that maybe he should tell Chanyeol. But Chanyeol is too busy ranting about what hates what, and he's not longer listening to Sehun. Sehun sighs, shrugs, and retreats to the back, where Hyungsik is finishing up the last batch of treats. "What's up, kiddo?" the patisserie asks, carefuly inserting fluffy chocolate cream into each small puff of baked bread. 

 

"Chanyeol's bleeding all over the floor right now, and I don't think we can do anything about it," Sehun replies.

 

"Ah, okay," Hyungsik hums as if it's a normal occurence for one of his employees to be bleeding when there are customers aroundd.

 

Sehun sighs for the upteenth time of the day.

 

He really hates the pastry shop.

 

★ ★ ★

 

By the time Sehun gets home late at night, he's come up with all possible ways for World War III to start- or at least within the vicinities of EXO Planet Pastry Shop.

 

First of all, Jongdae can drop a plate, and then Zi Tao will most likely whine about the cleaning he needs to do because of Jongdae. Wu Fan will undoubtedly take Zi Tao's side and scare everyone using his scary face. Chanyeol will be the nice guy and try to help Jongdae, and will ultimately do something stupid. Sehun will be dragged into the mess, and he'll try to avoid being roped in by bribes of designer clothes (Zi Tao) or a book full of corny jokes (courtesy of Jongdae). Hyungsik will then come out to find the problem, and then everyone willpoint fingers at each other, thus resulting in a chain of hatred and anger.

 

Sehun is too busy thinking about how he would come out victorious that he doesn't notice his owl-eyed neighbor, Kyungsoo, dragging his trash bag down the hall until he actually crashes into said trash bag and ends up with garbage in his hair and clothes.

 

"Oh god. Gross!" Sehun stares at the half-rotten fish head on his shirt.

 

"Don't you know how to use your eyes, you asshat?" Kyungsoo puffs out a cheek and picks up his fallen trash bag. He yanks Sehun up by the arm and pats him down (though it's more like Kyungsoo is just taking the opportunity to abuse him, because each "pat" he does to brush off the rubbish feels like a smack). 

 

"W-well, why are you even dragging your crap down the hall?" Sehun challenges.

 

"I have to bring it to the garbage chute," Kyungsoo replies with confidence. "What? Am I not allowed to do that now?"

 

Sehun grimaces. Kyungsoo's always been good at making arguments, ever since they first met a few months ago. And Kyungsoo acts llike a , but he's actually pretty nice, so Sehun swings his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders (Kyungsoo protests loudly about the stinky trash that rubs onto his expensive cashmere sweater) and begins whining.

 

"Kyungsoo, I like you, you know that???" he asks loudly, startling the grandmother walking by them in the hallway. The grandmother gives the two of them an offended look before huffing off into her apartment.

 

Kyungsoo slaps his hand away and sniffs his sweater for any disgusting smells. "No love confessions, please. I like older men."

 

Sehun groans. "Not in that way. I like Jongin in that way, though."

 

His thoughts are travelling to Jongin again, and Sehun thinks that maybe he's ridiculously brainwashed. But then again, he had been infatuated the moment Jongin first stepped into the pastry shop, and he doubts that his little obsession crush is going to end anytime soon. 

 

By then, Kyungsoo has pushed his trash bag down the garbage chute and is walking back to his apartment with his hands shoved in his pockets. "Are you talking about Kim Jongin?" Kyungsoo asks, nudging Sehun to snap the younger out of his thoughts. 

 

"What? You know him?"

 

"Yeah, he's in my marketing class."

 

"Oh my god!" Sehun screams in excitement. "Oh my ing god! I love you, Kyungsoo!"

 

"... I thought that you only liked me," Kyungsoo's wide eyes are narrowed. "Are you cheating on me now?"

 

"Of course I- wait, what?" Sehun stares. "I thought you liked older guys."

 

"I do."

 

"Then-"

 

"You look old."

 

"Well, you," Sehun scowls.

 

"You wish you could," Kyungsoo says, whipping out his cell phone. "Now, I know you probably love me only because you want to come into contact, and I'm more than willing to help you for a little price."

 

"Really?" Sehun's head perks up. "What's the price?"

 

"Well...." Kyungsoo smiles.

 

By the end of the night, Sehun's in dire need of a shower after scrubbing Kyungsoo's smelly toilet for an hour. Jongin is lucky that Sehun is desperate.


A/N: Sorry for not updating for a while! I've been busy, as always (though I'm pretty much typing the chapters during class, LOL). At least it's over 1000 words. T_T

I'll try harder to make the next update longer and faster!

~ XIseul