Chapter 04

[ADAPTED] That Cute Waiter Boy

 

It’s almost 8 when they finally hit the road to Sehun’s house. Turned out the extra work he had to do piled up and took way more time than what Sehun had expected. Jongin didn't mind, though. In fact, he didn't even realize he sat there for more than 3 hours because his head was still so full of oh my god I'm about to take Sehun home I should make a list of possible conversation starter oh my god when Sehun is finally done with everything.


"I’m sorry you had to wait so long…"


Jongin just laughs it off lightheartedly. "It’s fine, don’t worry."


"Usually it was Zi Tao and Wu Fan who help dealing with the heavy works. Hyungshik-hyung doesn’t want Chanyeol to help because then the kitchen would turn into a huge mess and everything would be scattered on the floor like that last time, so, yeah… I’m so sorry..."


"It’s okay, really. I don’t mind at all."


"I would totally understand if you left first, you know, I’m sure you have more important things to do…"


"No way," Jongin scoffs. "I was the one asking to walk you home, wasn't I? And besides, I’d rather spend more time with you than with my papers."


Mentally thanking the heavens the road is dimly lit enough to hide his blushing face, Sehun replies with a nervous chuckle.


It is a rather hot night and the air is too humid, Jongin concludes, although he is not very sure whether it’s the spring weather or simply because there is Sehun walking beside him, but the slightly ascending road and his full-sleeved sweater are not helping very much.


"It’s getting hotter, huh?"


The sentence sounds so dumb and forced and his list of Possible Conversation Starters just happen to be erased blank, but Jongin could care less. He can't stand the thought of having the whole way up filled with silent awkwardness.


"Yeah, it is. I’m sorry my house is so far away from the patisserie."


"You should stop saying sorry, you know. There’s really nothing to be sorry about." Jongin grins.


The younger giggles in relief. "Sorry."


"Seriously, stop it."


And simply with that (and also with some other stupid arguments and giggles and continuous light punches on Jongin's arm later on), the awkwardness is finally thrown out the window.


Jongin learns a lot of new things about Sehun for the rest of the way. They went to the same college; different departments and different buildings explain why they never saw each other before, he's younger than him by a few months, he has a brother 3 years older than him, he's quite a talker and has the most adorable lisp in the whole universe (Jongin never knew lisps can even be considered adorable, to be honest, until he met Sehun), he dislikes all things related to strawberries, he's really fond of punching one's arm lightly, and most of it all—the one that Jongin observes throughout the whole week he has stalked seen him—he has a habit of his lips ily (at least to Jongin's eyes) every now and then; in which Jongin desperately keeps on reminding himself that wanting to shove his tongue down someone's throat when they're still practically strangers will never leave a good impression.


Being around Sehun somehow makes him very comfortable. It's still a tad bit awkward at some point but he is more than surprised to find himself quite attached to the boy personally and emotionally as this is only their first actual meeting. He feels like he has known him for such a long time and he loves that. He loves the eerie feelings and the butterflies in his stomach whenever Sehun giggles or laughs or looks at him in the eyes when they talk. He loves just being with him.
 

It usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour to reach his house, Sehun claims ("I love walking, it's a good exercise!"), but Jongin doesn't believe him because he swears it only took a blink. Sehun's place is a medium 3-stories apartment painted in white; it still looks really warm and welcoming nonetheless. They keep exchanging small-talks until Sehun reaches his front door, shoving his hands down his pants' pockets to look for the key.


"So this was fun." Jongin starts when the door finally crackles open.


Sehun smiles. "Yeah it is, thanks to you. It's gets really boring to walk home alone at night after some time."


"Tell me about it."


They chuckle and spend a brief seconds later looking into each others' eyes. Jongin flashes a single look at Sehun's lips just in time as a tongue darts out of it to them nervously out of habit. It takes everything in Jongin to hold in his urge not to capture them with his lips right then and there.


"I should probably, uhh...go. Now. I guess."


"Oh, y-yeah, I guess you should..."


"Well..." Jongin streaks him a smile and half-heartedly waves his hand. "Good night, then..."


The younger returns the smile and slowly crawls to the other side of the door, leaving Jongin standing still like an idiot, and heaving out possibly the heaviest, longest sigh he has ever done within the past few years. He was about to turn away when the door shrieks open again, exposing a blurry sight of Sehun's flustered face, and the next thing Jongin knows, a pair of soft soft lips lingers on his left cheek.


"Good night." mumbles Sehun shyly before gently shutting the door behind him.


Jongin needs one good hour to get his feet back on the ground because he was ing floating.
 


 

"Jonginnie~"


Jongin looks up from his book with a disgusted face. "What do you want?"


"What, I can't even call my bestfriend now?"


"You called me 'Jonginnie'. I don't know you."


"Ha-ha. Very funny, Jonginnie." Baekhyun ruffles his hair into a mess.


"Yah! It took me half an hour to get this done, okay!"


"Ooh, someone's being a little dandy today." He laughs and plops on the chair in front of Jongin. "Spill."


"What?"


"I know you have something to tell me, now spill."


Jongin huffs. "No I don't."


"It has something to do with Sehun, doesn't it?"


"No." But he blushes, the images of last night's event flashing before his eyes. He can still feel Sehun's lips on his cheek, and he blushes even deeper.


"You are such a terrible liar, Kim Jongin. Your face is so red I can even fry an egg on it. Now tell me or I'll tickle you to death."


"I don't find it necessary to tell you. What the hell are you doing here anyway?"


"Waiting for Chanyeol. It's Tuesday and Tuesday means tutoring day!" His eyes suddenly beams with sparkling happiness as his grin grows wider, completely forgetting about his earlier question to Jongin's relief.


"He's supposed to be here any minute now... Oh, there he is!" Baekhyun waves his hand frantically towards the library's entrance. "Chanyeol!"


"How is it that everytime you made a noise, no one here seem to care, but when I do the slightest possible sound, they glare and shush me?!"


Everyone around him throws a glare at him and shushes him. Jongin throws Baekhyun a "See?!" look but Baekhyun just rolls his eyes and ignores him completely. Nothing other than Chanyeol seems to matter to him right now.


"Hey, I'm so sorry, I got into a long chat with my friend. Did you wait too long?"


"Nope, I just got here. Shall we go now?"


"Yeah, sure, but umm, can you go first? I need to talk to Jongin for a second. I'll meet you outside."


Jongin's eyes widened in shock. It's not that he is being disrespectful, but he barely knows Chanyeol and he believes they are not in a point where they can easily share or ask anything in particular, at least not yet. But Baekhyun doesn't seem to mind and leaves without putting off his smile.


Chanyeol throws him back his toothy smile but as soon as Baekhyun is far enough to hear nothing, he turns to Jongin with face solid as a rock.


"Okay, quick question. Does Baekhyun like me?"


Jongin blinks and furrows his eyebrows at the hipster giant. "I’m sorry?"


"Does he like me? Like, like me? Is he…gay?"


"Uhh, why? What's wrong?"


He decides that this might be not the right time to confess his bestfriend's feelings to his big-time crush. Chanyeol’s big eyes may make him look like he’s joking, but Jongin is quite sure he’s not. He can sort of guess where the question is heading to and he feels like he’s not going to like it, or neither do Baekhyun, but all he can do right now is hoping that nothing in his mind is true.


He closes his book and leans in closer to the taller guy because he seems like he's lost all of his usual cheeriness and concludes that whispering is a good idea, both for the library and for whatever statement is coming out of his mouth.


"I don’t know, I just think he’s really…touchy, you know. I mean, he’s a great guy and he’s really smart and he helped me a lot—thanks to him my professor thought I cheated on that last popquiz, which I’m not, by the way—," Jongin's eyes wanders around the room before it finally shuts, hands unknowingly goes up to rub his nose in panic, and he prays, for his and his bestfriend's sake, that this will not lead to what he has in mind.


"But he seems like he always looks for an excuse to touch me and hold my hands and stuff, and...I’m not really comfortable with it, you know? I mean, I like him, yes, but just...not that way."
 

Oh God no.


"I’m straight."

 



A/N

UPDATE! :D
I need a little getaway from the paper so this is what I got omg I'm having the hugest writer's block ever ydek TT^TT

So I kinda wanted to make a crack but as you can see I have failed terribly and I made it a fluff instead omg I at fluff okay, judge me ;___;
Well, I at cracks too but at least I think I'm better at it? orz

I might not be updating for a while (probably in a week or two, please don't kill me I love you) because my papers are literally suffocating me so I guess I need to finish them all first so I can finally focus on writing this and brings you (hopefully) more crack and happiness YAY <3

PS: Is it weird that I can't wait to write the ty part OTL ;_____;