Chapter 11

[ADAPTED] That Cute Waiter Boy

Jongin's used to getting stares... as long as there is a reason for them.

 

He can't come up with a reason for why the wide-eyed kid who always sits in the back, Kyungsoo, is staring holes into the back of his head. Jongin knows that it's Kyungsoo for sure, because every time he turns his head back to look at the person who is staring, Kyungsoo always turns his head away to look at the TA, Junmyeon. But then again, Jongin's always thought that Kyungsoo's a weirdo, so he assums that Kyungsoo's only staring at him because he's strange. Jongin brushes off the rest of the stares and focuses on the lecture. It's not like he can afford to miss anything important.

 

 

★ ★ ★

 

 

"Jongin," Baekhyun frowns.

 

"Hm?" Jongin stares at his phone in hand, scrolling through his list of songs. Man, he really needs to download new songs.

 

"Did you know that there's a squishy-looking owl-human hybrid staring at you?" Baekhyun whispers. Jongin whips around and sure enough, he sees Kyungsoo hiding behind a tree. Baekhyun cautiously wraps an arm around Jongin's. "What if he wants to eat you?" he whispers, sending Kyungsoo wary glances. "He looks like like one of those SAHHtypes."

 

"SAHH?"

 

"Silent And Hungry-! Don't you remember? I told you this back in middle school!" Baekhyun shoots him an insulted glare.

 

"..." Jongin really doesn't remember. But that doesn't matter, because Kyungsoo has left his place behind the tree and is walking towards them, eyes trained intently on Jongin's face.

 

"Oh my god, he's coming for you," Baekhyun squealed silently, hiding behind Jongin's taller figure. "He's going to cannibalize you."

 

"Baekhyun, I don't-"

 

"You're Kim Jongin, right?" Kyungsoo stops a foot right in front of Jongin and folds his arms over his chest. His owlish eyes are fierce and determined, and Jongin swears that he can see fire in the guy's eyes.

 

Baekhyun squeezes Jongin's shoulder. "Ask him if he's going to cook you or eat you alive," he whispers. 

 

Jongin ignores him. "Yeah, we're in the same class, Kyungsoo," he flashes Kyungsoo a nervous grin. "Can I.... help you?"

 

Kyungsoo's eyes flicker around before he gulps down on air. "Do you.... want to go get coffee with me?"

 

"Oh my god! He's asking you out on a date!" Baekhyun pounds Jongin's back violently. "A typical coffee date, where feelings develop and love blooms!"

 

"Can you not?" Both Kyungsoo and Jongin say at the same time, and Baekhyun squeals even more.

 

"Oh my god, you guys are so perfectly matched I can't even-" he wipes a fake tear for the corner of his eyes. "You're so lucky Jongin, maybe you've finally found someone better than Sehun-"

 

Jongin flinches.

 

"- and I'm going to leave you guys alone so you can have y times together," Baekhyun frantically waves and begins running off. "Bye guys! Be sure to use protection!" he screams over his shoulder as he speeds across the street.

 

Jongin sighs. "This guy, really..."

 

Kyungsoo stares. "I don't like you."

 

"I hope not." Kyungsoo makes Jongin feel nervous.

 

"But I know someone who does like you," Kyungsoo tilts his head.

 

Jongin raises a brow. "Oh yeah?"

 

"Sehun," Kyungsoo replies. "Now come with me, we need to talk." 

 

Kyungsoo begins to walk, and Jongin watches the other boy's back, debating on whether he should follow Kyungsoo. When Kyungsoo glances back with a look that could murder, Jongin starts running after him.

 

He'd like to keep himself in one piece.

 

 

★ ★ ★

 

 

 

The sweet smell of freshly baked pastries and coffee hit Jongin's nose as soon as they enter the shop. It's been a while, and nothing has changed the last time Jongin was there, except that the person standing behind the cash register is the puffy-eyed Chinese guy, and the blonde shojo manga character dude is the guy taking orders. Instinctively, Jongin walks to the corner table.

    

"Why in such a dreary place?" Kyungsoo looks around.

 

"I'm just used to sitting here okay," Jongin slouches a little in his seat so that no one can see him. Especially Sehun. He's still not ready to see Sehun yet. "So uh, yeah, what do you want to talk about?" his voice is low as he tries to hide his face by stupidly holding his hand to his face and pretending that his right index finger is a moustache. Yeah right, as if that would fool anyone.

 

Kyungsoo is examining the menu with interest. "Can we get a drink first?" he starts waving his hand at Wu Fan. "Yah! Wu Fan!"

 

"No! Don't!" Jongin hisses and smacks Kyungsoo's hand down, but it's already too late, Wu Fan is coming at them with a note pad in his hand and a pen tucked behind his ear. 

 

"Sehun's man-crush actually came back?" Wu Fan asks as he approaches their table, raising a heavy eye brow expectantly.

 

Jongin's cheeks flush. "Can you not call me that?"

 

"But you like it," Wu Fan shrugs. "So what would you guys like to order?" 

 

"Iced caramel latte. And Jongin is gonna get a...." Kyungsoo hesitates.

 

"Americano," Wu Fan finishes, scribbling the order down.

 

"How did you know?" Jongin's surprised. "Uh... you haven't been stalking me, have you? Because I'm sorry but I'm interested in someone else, and you should back off."

 

Wu Fan rolls his eyes. "Please, as if you'll ever meet my standards."

 

Ouch. Jongin actually thinks that he's always been pretty attractive.

 

"Sehun always has the brightest smile when he tells me that your table ordered an Americano," Wu Fan leaves, tucking the note pad into his apron.

 

"Oh, this makes things a lot easier for me!" Kyungsoo claps his hands like a seal. "You get the point now, right? Sehun likes you."

 

"Not after... stuff," Jongin feels guilty and embarrassed whenever he thinks of that night.

 

"He was so desperate to see you that he cleaned my toilet last night just so I could help him talk to you," Kyungsoo says and Jongin's head perks up because what? The amazing beautiful, y, cute, perfect, godly Sehun cleaned toilets? All for him, Kim Jongin? Jongin thinks he's more in love with Sehun than ever before. 

 

But when the door chimes ring as the door open and Sehun walks in, muttering a tired "Hey," to Wu Fan, Jongin doesn't know if his affections for the cute waiter boy will be answered.


A/N: OTL I'm so sorry that this took so long to update guys. I've been really busy and uninvolved with writing stuff lately so it took a long time to write. I'm so sorry >.< Hopefull you'll forgive me after you read the chapter? :/

~ buseojin