The Rose

Complicated

Your POV

The plane ride wasn't that long. Probably about four hours or so. I got to know my brother over those four hours. He's a really nice guy. I was a bit shocked when he told me he was 22 years old. He doesn't look that old, okay? We arrived at Korea and immediately took a limo to wherever. "Where are we going, Luhan?" I asked him. He grinned and put his index finger on his lips. I nodded and mimicked the action. I looked at the unfamiliar scenery as we drove to our destination.

We stopped in front of Lu Mansion. My eyes widened at the size of the mansion. So huge compared to that shabby apartment in America! I immediately ran out the limo and stared. "Pretty big, huh?" Luhan said. I nodded, still speechless. He guided us to the mansion entrance. A maid opened the door for us, and the inside of the mansion made me want to pinch myself. This HAD to be a dream. A woman walked down the stairs. This was like a scene from a fairytale. "Mom, I'm home with Rei." Luhan told the woman. The woman widened her eyes and walked towards me. She looked into my hazel eyes and started tearing up.

"T-they said you were dead... but I always knew! I always knew you were out there in the world. Rei-ah, my Rei-ah..." She grinned at me and gave me a hug. Luhan smiled at the sight of this. My stomach decided to ruin the moment and rumbled. My mother giggled and ordered the maids to dress me up for dinner.

Luhan's POV

I smiled as the maids rushed my sister to get dressed. Then a thought came into my head. "Mom, why does she need to get dressed? It's not like we're having a party or any- mother..." I finally knew what she was thinking. Of course, she's going to hold a party in celebration of finding Rei. 

"Oho, why Luhan! Such an occasion needs to be celebrated with a party." She pinched my cheeks, "Oh yes, Jongin will be here as well. After 12 years, the two will be finally reunited!" She clapped her hands together and walked away. Kai is going to be here? I wonder how Rei will take this. I don't think she'll take it well, she seems to be the type that opposes arranged marr-

"Lulu hyung!" Speak of the devil. I turned around and smiled at Kai. He waved to me and rushed to my side. "Is it true? They found Rei? Do you think she remembers me? I wonder how she'll take the news about being married to me..." I shrugged at this. I've only reunited with her for about five hours. Who knows what her reaction will be? 

"Yes Kai. She's actually here right now, changing for the party. Where is the party anyway? Only you have arrived..." I muttered.

Kai chuckled, "The party is out in that rose garden of yours. Everyone is waiting for the star." 

"You know, Luhan, I think this dress may be a bit too much." Rei said, walking down the stairs. Kai gaped at her. I sighed and closed his mouth for him. 

"You look lovely, Rei! No worries, everyone will think you're beautiful." I said. It was the truth, she would outshine the stars. She blushed a bit which caused Kai to turn beet red. "Oh right, Rei. This is Kim Jongin, but just call him Kai." I introduced the two lovers to each other.

"N-nice to meet you, Rei. I-i'm Jim Kongin! I mean, Kim Jongin! Please call me Kai though." He bowed. My sister nodded to him. 

"I'm Ch- Lu Rei. Nice to meet you, Kai." she bowed back. "Why do I have to dress like I'm going to a party for dinner?" she whispered to me. That's because you're going to one. 

"Let's just go to where the others are, shall we?" I guided the awkward couple to the rose garden. There was more people than I imagined to be here. I looked to see what Rei's reaction was, and I must say, it was priceless. I chuckled at my sister's reaction to the party. I decided to walk away from the two. Leave them some time alone to get to know each other. That reminds me... did I tell Rei that Kai was her fiance?

 

No one's POV

Kai noticed that Luhan was gone. 'Knew he was going to leave us two alone,' he thought. "So Kai, what's your relationship with Luhan?" Rei asked him. Kai looked at her dumbfounded. Didn't anyone tell her that she was engaged to him? 'Should I tell her right now,' he asked himself. 

"Uh, Rei. You and I are-"

"KAI!" yelled the last voice he wanted to hear. It was his childhood friend, Sayoung. "I knew you were at this party!" she gave him a hug. Rei looked at them oddly and gave out an "OH." Kai was handsome, Rei had to admit, but if he had a girlfriend... should she even try? The girl looks like a certain Doan back in America. 'Don't want to get involved with another one of those,' Rei thought.

"I see, well I'll go over there. See you later, Kai!" Rei walked around the party to look for her brother. 

"No wait, Rei! Ugh, I was about to tell you..." Kai muttered, staring at Rei until she was out of his sight. Sayoung frowned at this. Rei? As in the missing daughter, Lu Rei? This was going to mess up with her plan on marrying Kai. 'Oh wait, I'm dating Taemin aren't I? Eh, who cares. No one steals MY Kai,' she thought. 

--------------

Rei looked around the crowd for her brother. She finally found a familiar figure standing in the corner. "Luhan!" she exclaimed, hugging his back. He did not respond so she let go. "Luha- oh." she started blushing madly. The person she just hugged was not her brother. "I-i'm sorry! I thought you were my brother." She apologized. The boy gave her a grin. He took a rose from the rosebush and placed it in her hair. 

"I knew it. A rose can't even be compared to your beauty." The boy said and gave her a wink. This caused Rei's feelings to go wild. A servant ran up to the man and whispered into his ear. He frowned, "I'm afraid I must leave. Hope to see you again, my beautiful rose." He gave her one last smile and walked away into the crowd. Rei felt like her heart was about to burst. "A rose can't even be compared to your beauty."  She kept replaying the phrase over and over in her head. Sayoung watched all of that happened and smirked, "What an interesting development."

Ms. Lu finally found her daughter after a good 30 minutes. She dragged her to the front and cleared . Everyone stopped what they were doing, and turned their attention to Ms. Lu. "Friends, I've gathered all of you here today because of a very important person. She has been missing from my life for 12 years. I'm sure we've all missed her dearly -- my daughter, Lu Rei." Everyone clapped and Rei bowed. "Please help my lovely Rei regain the years she has lost. Speaking of which, the fiance that has been waiting patiently for her return. Everyone please, give a hand to Kim Jongin." Kai walked next to Rei and grinned. Rei gave him a quizzical face. 'Fiance? I'm engaged?!' she screamed in her head.

After her mother's announcement, Rei went up to her mother. "Mom, did you just say I was engaged to Kai?" She asked her. Her mother gave a nod and smiled at her daughter.

"It's been decided since you two were born. You guys were made for each other." Rei gave a sad smile. Her mother seemed to notice and sighed, "Please Rei-ah, give him a chance. Get to know him, he's a really good guy." Rei sighed but nodded anyway.

"A rose can't even be compared to your beauty."  She took the rose out of her hair and gazed at it. "What am I suppose to do with you?" She asked the rose even though she knew it wouldn't respond to her. "I wonder when we'll meet again..." she asked, kissing the rose's petals. 

 

Mhmmmmmmmm. Double update ~ So how was it?

Sorry if there are any grammar and spelling errors OTL