The Truth

Complicated

I didn't think that day would change my life. It started out horrible actually -- absolutely horrible. Who knew my life would change in mere seconds? From a normal school girl to the daughter of one of the richest companies in Korea...? It still surprises me to this day. I always thought my life was miserable. 

Your POV

Waking up to the sun shining in my face -- just perfect. I shielded my eyes from the harsh light. I layed there in bed for a good five minutes until I got up. "YAH CHOI REI! GET READY FOR SCHOOL!" my mom yelled. That's what I'm doing, mom. I gave a sigh and trudged to the bathroom. After freshing  myself up, I put on my school's uniform. I was never fond of the uniform. Fuchsia everything? I look like Umbridge from Harry Potter. I ran down the stairs and found my "wonderful" family. Dad was drinking coffee while he was reading the newspaper, while mom was washing the dishes. This is where regular kids sit and start eating their breakfast. Regular kid my . I ran out the door, glad to be out of that prison. 

I don't really have a problem with my parents, but they do have a problem with me. Always complaining how I'm such a pain to take care of and how I waste their money when they have bills to pay. Why did you have me in the first place? I rubbed my temples, trying to ease the headache I get everyday. I was about to wipe my tears, but then I bumped into a guy.

"O-oh I'm so sorry! I didn't see you-"

"Are you crying?" asked the handsome man before me. I quickly shook my head and wiped them away.

"N-no! There was just something in my eye..." I muttered. He gave me the "yeah right" look and handed me a hankerchief. 

"You have such a pretty face, please don't cry." he told me, patting my head. For some strange reason, him patting my head seemed really familiar. Actually, the guy somehow looked really familiar. I blushed and thanked him. He walked away without his hankerchief. I turned and saw him walking to the direction of my house. Nah, he couldn't be going to my house.

I ran to school and the bell rang -- just in time. I walked to my locker and millions of threats fell out. Most of them said, "Go die." I ignored them, this was a daily routine. Everyone at school hated me, and they knew I knew... they made sure of it. I shoved my bag into my locker angrily. I was about to reach my textbooks until someone slammed my locker. I gave the person a glare. The person who slammed was of course, Kristine Doan. 

"Oops, didn't know you were there." She snickered. I rolled my eyes and opened my locker again. I quickly grabbed my textbooks, and tried to ignore the evil laughters that went through the hallway. Kristine Doan, you can say she's the queenka of the school. She's cheerleading captain, immensely popular, and not to mention conceited. I wouldn't be surprised if she updated her status saying she was going out with herself. I gave a huff and rushed to class. 

"Ms. Choi, I see you're late again," said Mr. Taylor. I rolled my eyes and took my seat. This was going to be a long day. 

----------------

School was finally over. I rushed to my locker and grabbed my bag. I looked around for Kristine, no Doan found. I grinned and skipped home, receiving many weird looks from my peers. I reached my house and found myself gaping. There were two police cars and about four black cars. I rushed into my house and found it a wreck. My parents were on the floor, kneeling and crying. Before them was the man I bumped into in the morning. "What's going on here?" I asked, rushing towards my parents. My mom slapped me away, heh no surprise there. It did surprise the man though.

"You said you treated her as if she were yours. I just witnessed the truth right in front of me. Officers, take them away," the man ordered the policemen. The policemen nodded and grabbed my parents. 

"NO! NO LUHAN PLEASE. DON'T TAKE US TO JAIL! YOU CAN TAKE HER. PLEASE JUST LET US STAY HERE. WE NEVER WANTED HER ANYWAYS!" My mother yelled, grabbing the man's leg. The man scoffed and kicked my mom away. 

"You are barbaric," he said as my parents got taken away. He turned and faced me with the smile. What the hell?! 

"Y-you! Who do you think you are?! You can't just barge into my house and take my parents away! How dare you!" I yelled. He flinched a bit. 

"Rei, I understand what you just witnessed was shocking but if you let me explain-" 

"Explain? Explain what? You take my only family away and you want me to let you explain? Hmph, well fine. Let's see how good your 'explanation' is." I glared at him. He gave a sigh and ran his hand through his brown hair.

"Alright, please have a seat. It's pretty shocking." He said, patting to the seat next to him. I hesitantly took the seat next to him. "Okay, I don't really know how to say this in a better way but I'm your brother." I immediately stood up.

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed. He responded with a nod. "T-that's not possible! I'm an only child!" I shook my head.

"That's what you think. You see, those people you call 'mom and dad.' They're not your real parents. They are the people who kidnapped you when you were five-years-old. If you don't believe me, I have your birth certifcate with me." He sighed, giving me the birth certificate. I snatched it from him and couldn't believe my eyes. 

"W-wait, Lu Rei? I'm Choi Rei!" I told him. He shook his head.

"Like I said, you were kidnapped. You're actually the daughter to the wealthy Lu's," he grinned at me. I feel like he's telling the truth... but daughter to THE Lu Family?! That's pretty crazy.

"Wait, but you said I was kidnapped when I was five! Why did it take that many years to find me?" I questioned him.

"You were in Korea when you were five. Your kidnappers moved from place-to-place to hide you from us. Didn't you move a lot when you were with them?" I have to admit, it made a lot of sense. I never knew why we always had to move. It was always so sudden. So this is the truth they were hiding...

"Okay, so let's say I believe you. What now?" I raised my brow at him as he clapped his hands together.

"Well, first we'll be taking a plane back to Korea. Over there, I'll let the whole family explain." I cautiously nodded. "So Rei-ah, do you believe me?" 

To think, a complete stranger comes into my life and says he's my brother. That I, Choi- no Lu Rei, is the missing daughter of the Lu Family. Who would have thought? I nodded and took his hand. "I believe you." He grinned.

"We'll be leaving for Korea immediately."

 

So... how was it? Sorry if you see any grammar or spelling errors ><