The Lies

Complicated

Kai's POV

We rushed to the hosipital. Immediately, when we got the call. We were all eating dinner, having a joyous night with each other. Rei's mom was having a breakdown. Her father just sat silently, trying to comfort his wife. My parents were frantically pacing back and forth. I have to admit, I was on the verge of tears, too. Rei, don't die please. Don't die...

The doctor called us into the ER when the operation was done. "She's in a coma right now... we don't know when she'll wake up." the doctor sighed. "Other than that, she's perfectly fine." Everyone sighed in relief. Rei's mom took her hand.

"Everything is going to be alright." Her father said, but he didn't look so sure himself. Should I call Sehun? No, he just got on his flight. I'll tell him later. We all stayed there just silently staring at Rei. I really do hope she's alright. I fixed her bangs and carressed her face. Fate is so cruel... out of all the people, she gets into a car accident. I gave a frustrated sigh.  

"Come on, Jongin. We have to go home." My parents said. I looked back at Rei.

"Give me a few moments." I told them. They nodded and walked out with her parents. I sat down and took Rei's hand. "Rei... please be alright. Everyone is worried... Sehun wouldn't want to see you like this." I said, kissing her hand. As I walked out the door, I heard something ruffling about. I turned immediately. Rei started sitting up, opening her eyes. 

"Where..." she started out. I yelled at my parents to come back. I walked back to Rei.

"Rei! You're awake! Thank goodness, are you alright?" I asked her frantically. She gave me a quizzical look.

"Who... are you?" she asked. I froze, oh no. It can't be. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Our parents rushed back into the room. 

"REI!" her mother yelled, hugging her. 

"Do I know you?" Rei asked. Her mother released her. 

"Rei-ah... you... it can't be. Oh, Appa!" she yelled, wailing to her husband. The doctor walked back into the room. 

"Looks like she's awaken. We'll just check her conditions right now." He called in some nurses. "Everything seems fine..." he muttered. 

"She has amnesia." I told the doctor. 

"I figured so. I didn't know how to tell all of you. There was a possible chance she would have temporary amnesia. Don't worry, it's not permanent." He reassured us. 

"So, when do you think she'll gain them back?" I asked him. The doctor shrugged and sighed.

"Amnesia is a difficult thing... It just doesn't heal. You have to show her some of her memories... somethings that show of great importance to her." he said. 

"Jongin... may I speak to you." my mother called me out of the room.

"Yes umma?" I asked.

"This is the perfect oppurtunity. She's lost her memory, so use it to your advantage." she told me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, not understanding what she was trying to tell me.

"You lost her to Sehun. Sehun is now gone in France for a year. Take her back, Kai. This is your chance." my mom said. I widened my eyes. Is she really telling me to...? I can't, I won't. I won't do it. 

"I can't do that! She's... Sehun's now. I can't just take her when she's in this condition, and when Sehun is gone for a year! That is unfair." I remarked. She gave me a glare.

"Jongin, the world is unfair. This is obviously a sign. This is perfect for you. She's more suited for you than to that Sehun... take it. Take the chance. You'll regret it later." She walked back into the room. I stood there for minutes, I can't. I won't... Even if I'm suffering everyday becaue of those two being together. I walked back to the room. Her parents had just told her who they were.

She nodded, "I... think I remember you. You two do look familiar..." Her parents smiled and gave her a hug.

"Seize this chance." my mom mouthed to me. I gulped and looked down. 

"Then... who is he?" Rei said, pointing at me. 

"I-i'm Jim Kongin! I mean, Kim Jongin." I said. How many times am I going to introduce myself like this? To my surprise, she giggled.

"You're so cute." She said. I saw my mom smirk, and I gave her a glare. "So... what's my relation to you? Are you my brother or something?" She asked. I shook my head. She frowned, "Then who are you?" I'm sorry, Sehun. I'm sorry for doing this. I just...

"I'm your boyfriend."

 

pew pew pew ~

I can't even. Luhan isn't here because he's out of town for who knows how long *cough cough*

I don't even know guys.

Sorry for any errors~ OTL I wanted to update the next chapter today, too.

meeeeeeeeh...