The Cafe

Complicated

Your POV

I came home at about midnight. My mother looked so pale, she was really worried. I got scolded a bit, but I did deserve some. After her long lecture, she gave me a hug and told me to go to sleep. I agreed and walked to my room. I sat on the bed sighing, we almost kissed. What, about like two inches away? Well on the bright side, we confessed to each other! I squealed, replaying his words over and over again in my head. Kai suddenly popped in my mind. What do I do with Kai? I feel so awful. He really likes me a lot, but I can't reciprocate his feelings... I feel asleep, too tired to think of a way to tell Kai about Sehun and I.

The next morning, Kai was by my side when I woke up. "WOAH!" I yelled, jumping up from bed. 

"S-sorry! Did I scare you?" He asked, blushing a bit. I responded with a shrug. I turned my attention to the time, 6:50 AM. I widened my eyes, did I oversleep?

"Kai! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I asked him, rushing to the bathroom.

"Because you looked so cute when you were sleeping..." I heard him mutter. I chose to ignore his reply and started brushing my teeth. I went to go back to change into my uniform. I told Kai to get out and he pouted as he left my room. He pouts...? That's so adorable, I giggled to myself. I ran down the stairs and told Baekhyun that I was skipping breakfast.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! I don't think you should skip it, Rei-ah!" he scolded me. I rolled my eyes.

"Just let her go. She only has like five minutes to get to school." Chanyeol remarked, sipping his tea. 

"But Yeollie!" Baekhyun pouted.

"But Hyunnie!" mimicked Chanyeol.

Kai and I left the two to flirt with each other. We immediately entered the car, sighing. "You woke up late today, princess?" Kris asked, smirking. 

"Oh, shut up. Go back to talking to your wife." I replied, rolling my eyes. Kris clicked his tongue and started driving us to school.

"So... do you like EXO Academy?" Kai asked me. I gave him two thumbs up, causing him to smile. "I'm glad. I was afraid you'd hate it here..." he muttered.

"Why would I hate it here?" I questioned. He shrugged, causing our conversation to die.

The bell rang, making Kai and I run to our classes. "See you after school!" he yelled, walking the opposite direction. I nodded, catching my breath. 

"Looks like someone's late." I turned and grinned. Sehun ruffled my hair and walked into the classroom. I frowned, fixing my hair. 

"The loooooovebirds are here." a student bellowed. The class laughed as both of us blushed.

"Oh, shut up U-Kwon! It's not like you can get anyone. I heard Cheonsa is dating Sandeul now!" a girl student wittily exclaimed. The whole class laughed again. U-Kwon covered his face in embarrassment.

---------------

At lunch, Sehun and I walked up to the rooftop. It was like our meeting place now. "So... do you have any plans after school?" he asked. I took a bite of my sandwich, thinking.

"No, not any yet.?" I replied. He grinned then took a sip of his juicebox.

"Good! Because there's this cafe that just opened in town, and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me." He stated, looking up at the sky.

"Alright, I'll have to tell Kai then." I sighed. Sehun raised a brow.

"Why do you have to tell Kai?" Sehun questioned. I sighed once again.

"My mom is making us go to school and go home together. It's... I don't know what she's thinking. Probably trying to make us talk to each other? I don't know... it's pretty complicated, I guess." Sehun responded with a nod. 

"Alright, I'll text him. I'll save you the trouble." He said, winking at me.

"You know Sehun, you're such a dork sometimes!" I exclaimed. 

No One's POV

"Hold on, Kyungsoo, I got a text." Kai said, stopping his friend from walking. "Rei is going to stay after school for a club meeting. Hope you don't mind going home without her." Kai frowned, but this is Sehun. 'Did they have lunch together?' he thought. Kyungsoo looked over Kai's shoulder and started laughing.

"Wow man, is Sehun with your girl?" he asked, amused. Kai sighed at his question.

"She's not my girl... well, emotionally. Sehun he... I keep thinking they have something going on, but I don't even know." The text drained all the energy out of him. Kyungsoo patted his back.

"Well... if it makes you feel better, Sayoung and Taemin broke up!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, trying to uplift the atmosphere. 

"It doesn't really make me feel better. Probably makes me more uneasy then ever." 

"What? I thought you liked Sayoung!" Kyungsoo yelled, alarmed to hear him say this.

"Well, I DID like her. That was all before she became an arrogant strumpet..." Kai muttered. Kyungsoo chortled, baffled at his friend's response.

------------

After school, Sayoung skipped to Kai's locker. "Kai Kai!" she exclaimed, giving him a bear hug. Kai silently returned the hug. "So Kaaaaaaai, have anywhere to go right now?" Sayoung asked. Kai shook his head. "Good! There's this cafe in town that just opened! I want to check it out, but I don't want to go alone." she pouted. Kai sighed, 'Why didn't you ask the other guys?'

Rei and Sehun were already in the cafe. Rei took a sip of the tea. "It's... really good!" she exclaimed, loving the marvelous taste of the tea. 

"See I told you!" Sehun replied. Rei looked at Sehun and laughed at his milk mustache. Sehun used his phone as a mirror, seeing the milk mustache. The two started laughing together. 

Sayoung and Kai were in front of the cafe. "Hey Kai, isn't that...?" Sayoung pointed to the giggling couple. Kai looked at them with dejected eyes. Sayoung smirked, 'What a perfect timing, you two.' Kai fumed with envy as he watched the couple laugh happily. 

"That's suppose to be me." he muttered mournfully. "I'm sorry, Sayoung. I'm not feeling to good. I'm going to go home..." he muttered. Sayoung hid her smile behind her frown.

"Aw... Well, I hope you feel better." she comforted him, giving him a hug. He didn't hug back. The shock of seeing his best friend and his fiance together was too great. 

 

What am I doing to Kai omg

I apologize if you see any grammar/spelling mistakes! OTL