"If you love something, let it go."

Complicated

Kai's POV

The image of those two giggling at each other was stuck in my brain. My heart hurt, my eyes burned. I ruffled my hair in frustration. Rei and Sehun. Sehun and Rei. My best friend and my fiance, who knew? I took out my phone. Just some messages from Sayoung. I threw the phone on my bed. I loosened my tie. What if they were just going to the cafe as friends? That could have happened right? I should trust Sehun more. I should trust Rei more. There was still some doubt in my heart though. I should just ask him, right? Ask him what's going on between them... Sehun would tell me the truth right? I paced back and forth. I don't even know, I sighed. I my laptop and went on SM messenger. Who should I talk to about this? I stared at the screen. Bing! I blinked back into reality. 

taeminty: hey kai

Oh, it was Taemin hyung. 

dancerkai: hi hyung

taeminty: what's up?

dancerkai: nothing much... just this girl

taeminty: oh is it Rei?

I flinched, how did he know about Rei?

dancerkai: yeah... it's just... Sehun and her have something going on, and I don't know what to do.

taeminty: do you love her?

dancerkai: what? of course I do!

taeminty: is she happy with Sehun?

I thought about what I saw at the cafe. They do look happy together...

dancerkai: yeah

taeminty: then let her go Kai, you'll find someone else. I'm sure you will! If you love something, let it go. You want her to be happy, right? 

Taemin is right. So right. I do want Rei to be happy. Would I be able to give her up? Give her to Sehun?

dancerkai: ...thanks hyung. That really helped me.

taeminty: no problem. Oh, watch out for Sayoung ok? She's after you. 

And then he logged off. Sayoung? Why would I have to watch her? She's such an innocent girl. Well, whatever. I grinned at myself, feeling a lot better. I hope I'm doing the right thing.

-------------

The next day, I told Sehun to meet me in the school garden during lunch. "Did you want something, Kai?" Sehun asked, walking towards me. I beamed at him, I really do hope I'm doing the right thing.

"Yeah, it's about Rei." I said. His face stiffened.

"What about Rei?" he asked. I started fidgetting a bit. 

"Well..."

"Well?"

"There's something going on between you two right?" I asked. He gave a hesitant nod. I smiled, "Do you love her?" This caused him to turn red to the ears. "Well?" I urged him to answer.

"...yes," he muttered.

"I really do hope I'm doing the right thing, Hunnie." I sighed. He gave me a quizzical look. "You two love each other, that is correct, right? My feelings for her... are unrequited. So, I've decided that... well... I'll allow you to have her. But if you hurt her, I'll take her back in a heartbeat." I said, sternly. He widened his eyes.

"W-what? Did you really just say that? Why Kai? You were so in love with her!" Sehun exclaimed.

"If you love something, let it go." I told him, giving him a sad smile. 

"I-i... I don't know what to say... Thank you." Sehun beamed at me.

"Mhm, just treat her right Sehun. Don't make me regret my decision." I shooed him away. He left with a smile, probably going to tell Rei about it. It kind of hurt, my heart. Even though I was smiling, tears were in my eyes. I tried to blink them away. Ah, so this is how it feels. The end of my first love.

 

Ah, this was such a short chapter. The chatlog took up most of it lol. Kai gives them his blessing! 

I still feel bad though... Kai is forever going to be tortured in my fanfic :c

Sorry for the errors OTL 

Kai fans don't kill me for making him cry :x

Oh, and if you think the fanfic is ending soon... you're wrong.