I'm Here

My Life as a K-Pop Idol

 

It has been over 6 months since QT3’s debut. And what a debut it was. You three won quite a few trophies, including ‘Best Rookie Group of the Year’ at the music award shows that you three attended. Slowly and surely, QT3 became a household common name, known to a lot of people. QT3’s popularity skyrocketed during the third song that you three promoted from your album. It became a sensation and many idols alike made their own renditions of QT3’s song. The dance of your third song had also been quite a favorite of idols. Many idols and celebrities alike were caught dancing it in video and whenever QT3’s song comes out, people would immediately burst out in the dance.

It had been a great but busy 6 months for you three. Eun Hee, Hana and you had become such a tightly knit group, almost inseparable. Your relationship with your two group mates was really great. From disappointments to victories, you three were there for each other and you could honestly call them your sisters without hesitation.

Your Big Bang oppas and 2ne1 unnies were also people you three got close to. Having them as your sunbaes was a blessing for QT3. They were always there, supporting you three and helping you out in any possible way that you could.

Taeyang and TOP were especially close to you. Without a doubt you three were quite inseparable. Whenever you three’s schedule permitted it, you three spent it with each other. To you, they were the brothers that you had always wanted but never had. Spending time with them was comfortable and extremely fun. You would never trade what you had with them for the world.

Kyuhyun and you were still friends. You talked to him the best you could, but both of you were both extremely busy that it was almost impossible to even meet up twice during the six months.

You meet more idols than you thought you could have during those months and it was sometimes hard to keep track who you did meet and who you haven’t. It seemed like almost every show QT3 appeared in, there were knew people that you three meet.

But if you were being honest with yourself, you were extremely glad that everything had calmed down now. QT3 were taking a break for a bit, resting from their extraneous debut days. You three only appeared on a few reality shows now and then, but other than that, life was more relaxed for you.

Sure it was getting harder and harder to go outside without being noticed, but you were enjoying life. You could only go out usually at night and even with that, you had to fully cover yourself with a cap and sometimes you even had to wear glasses and wigs in order to disguise yourself.

You smiled as you thought of the time you had to put on a curly wig and huge circular glasses and sneak out just to go to class. It was quiet hilariously how Min-suh was not able to recognize her best friend at all. She couldn’t believe the trouble you had to go through just to be able to get to school.

And that was where the problem lay now. With QT3’s popularity, it was hard for you to even go out in public, let alone be able to attend a public school. The president of YG Entertainment had been working out a way for you to not attend class at all and just do all of your courses through the computer. Of course he gave the offer of you postponing your studies to become a full time idol, but your promise to your parents kept you from agreeing to that. No matter what, no matter how over worked you felt or how stressed you were, you needed to continued going to school.

You sighed as you looked at the computer in front of you. It wasn’t the same at all. Learning in a school and learning through the computer was completely different and you were really disappointed that it came to that. Not only that, but it was hard to spend time with Min-suh now. Because of her school and your schedule, you were lucky to see her maybe once every two weeks. But you had no choice. It was your decision to become an idol and you had to accept the things that entailed with that.

Your family had also come to visit you once. It was during QT3’s promotions of your third song when they came and they couldn’t be more proud of you. They saw how well your group was doing and how great your life was here. Even though your mother was sad to see how much your life had changed without her being there, she accepted everything. You spent the whole week you weren’t on stage with them. You showed them around, of course in a disguise, and they meet every single one of your close friends. It was an amazing week, showing your parents and sister the life you now live. It was completely different from what they pictured your life would be, but they saw how happy you were and they had no complaints what so ever. It was so hard having to see them leave the week after and knowing it might be a long time before you got to see them again.

You sighed as your mind once again lost focused at the things you were reading. Closing your laptop, you gave up in trying to learn the chapter you were suppose to be reading. Your mind was definitely not in it and it just got you to think of your life in the past few months. It differently was mind blowing how fast the months few by and how much change you’ve experienced.

It definitely was a reprieve from the drama you left behind in the US. In fact, you hardly thought about Brenna and Aaron anymore. And in the few times that their names sprung up in your mind, the aching pain you expected to feel was never present. It was more of a dull sting, one that could have easily been ignored.

During the past month though, you have gotten a lot more calls from Aaron than you would have like. You never answered them, never prepared for the feelings that you thought would upwell in you if you heard his voice once again. Although you were curious on why he wanted to get in contact with you once again, you stopped those thoughts from forming. It would do you no good to dwell in the past. The best you could do was move on and forget whatever happened between Brenna, Aaron and you.

You shook your head and frowned. You really need to stop thinking about them. Heading out of your room, you went to the kitchen to grab a cup of water before heading to bed. It was quite late and Eun Hee and Hana were still not home from their scheduled activities. They were both appearing in a reality show and you were suppose to show up with them, but an earlier activity prevented you from attending. The place was too quiet without the other two and you looked around the place. There were really great memories that this place held.

You headed back to your room, intent in heading straight to sleep. Although nothing was scheduled for QT3 tomorrow, sometimes QT3’s manager would pop out of nowhere and reveal a last minute schedule.

Turning off the lights, you slipped under your covers and closed your eyes, waiting for sleep to take you. When you were almost at dreamland, a jarring sound blared, instantly waking you up. Looking at the source of the sound, you sleepily reached out and answered your phone.

“Hello?” you asked out tiredly, a yawn following right after you question.

“-----“ You sat straight up from your bed and looked at your phone. *Darn it!*you thought in irritation. You really had to learn to look at the caller id before answering.

It was Aaron.

“Hi.” You said dryly. It was quiet in the other line, and the only thing you could hear was the whizzing of cars.

After another minute of him not saying anything, you sighed and looked at the clock, noticing that it was 1 am.

“Look Aaron, I really don’t have time for this. Please tell me what this call is for. It’s late here and I need to sle-“

“I’m here.” He interrupted you in your rant. Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion at what he said.

“What do you mean ‘I’m here?’” You asked in disbelief. You heard a sigh come from him and in a tired voice, he answered you.

“I’m here, as in, I’m here in Korea. Outside your dorm.” 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

uh-oh trouble :/ What could he possibly want huh? lol sorry for the long time of no updates. I was losing a bit of interest in this story but I wanted to finish it up for you guys. Hope you comment and tell me what you thought! Thanks for reading!