Fate Sealed

My Life as a K-Pop Idol

 

“----- Wake up!” You heard a voice calling out. You tried to open your eyes but groaned when you felt pain on the back of your head. “Wha?” You managed to say.

“Hey you’re awake!” You heard the voice say again. You finally opened your eyes and saw Min-suh grinning at you. *Oh, so it was a dream. I definitely was not being scouted for YG Entertainment.* You thought to yourself as you finally sat up. You turned to your right and you saw Mr. Park, drinking some tea calmly. Your eyes widened and you looked at Min-suh who still had that wide grin on her face.

“Okay so I’m guessing that was not a dream.” You said out loud.

“It definitely wasn’t!” Min-suh said. “----- Please tell me you are going to say yes to Mr. Park! Omg YG Entertainment! Can you believe this? You’re going to be famous!” She excited spewed out.

At the mention of his name, Mr. Park placed his tea down and stood up. He walked towards where you two were and gave you a small smile. “Quite a fright you gave us Ms.-----. I would definitely love to discuss this more with you if you promised not to faint again.” He jokingly said. He let out a small chuckle as he gave you a teasing smile.

“I-I promised I won’t. Can I know what this is all about Mr. Park?” You asked as your head finally started to get adjusted to the idea that THE YG Entertainment just asked to sign you up.

“Well, I had been looking for a while for someone with a great voice and I can definitely say that you have that covered. Mr. Yang have decided to form a three girl idol group called the QT3, but through unfortunate events, we are in need of a third member.” He started. You nodded your head as he continued to tell you the details. You weren’t able to do anything but nod your head, feeling as if this was completely surreal. You were only halfway listening as Min-suh asked questions for you.

You were forced back to reality when you heard a phone ring. Mr. Yang pulled out his phone and answer hurridly. “Mr. Yang! I found a girl!” He explained happily. You weren’t able to hear what the person on the other line said but the smile on Mr. Park’s face has never left.

“Alright I will definitely bring her to you.” He hung up and he turned to look at you. “Mr. Yang would definitely love to meet you Ms.-----.” He pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. He scribbled something down and handed the paper to you.

“This is the address to the YG Building. Please come tomorrow at 2 pm. Mr. Yang really needs to meet you. Also bring any identification materials that you might need. I’ll send you a list of what they might be if you give me your e-mail address.” You grabbed the paper from him and ripped a pieced off of it. You wrote down your e-mail address and handed it to you.

“Please check for an e-mail from me today. And don’t forget about the meeting tomorrow alright?” He stood up and you and Min-suh stood up along with him. “It definitely was great meeting you.” He said as he stuck out his hand. You shook it and continued to stare at the paper in front of you. *Oh my god. This is really happening.*

“It was nice meeting you as well Min-suh-ssi.” Mr. Park shook her hand and turned around, heading for the door. He opened it and turned around one last time to give you girls a small wave good bye. You both waved back and only stopped once the door was fully closed.

Min-suh grabbed your shoulder and lightly shook you. “Isn’t this exciting?!” She screamed at you and fell into a fit of giggles as all you can do shake your head. *Wait, YG Entertainment….Isn’t that the company that Taeyang is in?*

~~~~~~~~~

“Oh my god is this the place?” Min-suh said in a small whisper. “I think so.” You replied back, completely awestruck with the place. The building was huge! The entrance was made out of glass and the lobby was even more amazing. The floors were made out of marble and the whole place just seemed to sparkle.

Min-suh and you walked to the receptionist and she asked you what you needed. You said that Mr.Yang was waiting for you. She checked on her computer to make sure you had an appointment. When she found that Mr.Yang was suppose to met with a Ms.-----, she asked for your ID. You gave it to her and she checked to make sure it was you. With a small nod, she showed you the direction to his office.

Min-suh linked her arms to you as she practically skipped to the elevator. “Are you excited?” She asked you with a giddy smile on her face.

“More like nervous.” You answered her with a small grimace on your face. There was butterflies in your stomach and as you continued to watch the elevator ding higher and higher up. Doubts started to float in your head.

*Oh god what am I thinking!? I can’t be an Idol! I’m not even a permanent resident here in Korea. I only suppose to be here to study. Oh my goodness what was I doing accepting this meeting! I can’t do this. I can’t!* Mind made you turned to Min-suh, about to tell her you couldn’t do this and that you both needed to leave when she gave you stern look.

“---- Don’t even think about it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you definitely have to take it.” She shook her head at you and gave you a little glare when you were about to protest.

“But-“ you started but was cut off when the elevator opened. “Okay we’re here!” Min-suh said as she pulled you along. You obediently followed her as she entered a doorway. There was another receptionist there who looked up when both of you entered.

“Ms.-----?” She asked to Min-suh and she shook her head. “Nope I’m just her friend who came with her for mental support!” she said cheerfully as she pushed you towards the girl. “This is -----.” Min-suh took a seat at one of the chairs and you looked at her with a terrified look.

“It’ll be fine! Trust me -----! You will definitely not regret doing this!” She gave you two thumbs up as the girl led you to Mr. Yang’s office.

“He’s been expecting you.” The receptionist said as you pulled open the door to his office. You entered the huge office. There was a desk right in the middle of it and a man sitting behind it, one you could assume was Mr. Yang. Sitting on one of the chairs in front of the desk as none other than Mr. Park.

“-----You’re right on time.” Mr. Park said as he stood up and motioned for you to sit down on the other chair.

“This is Mr. Yang.” He introduced to you. Mr. Yang gave nodded his head in acknowledgment and you gave a small bow. “I’m -----.” You said as you stood up. Before you even got to sit on the chair, Mr. Yang motioned for you to stay standing. You took off your bag and placed down on the chair. Standing in front of his desk, Mr. Yang studied you for a minute. “Well she definitely has the face to become an Idol.” You blushed at the small compliment. “Now let’s just see if her singing really is as good as you said Mr. Park.” Mr. Yang turned to look at you again and addressed you.

“Ms.----- can you sing us a song.”

“Do you have any specific song in mind Mr. Yang?” He shook his said, motioning for you to go ahead and sing whatever you’d like. You picked the first song that popped in your head and proceeded to sing it. You tried to imagine that you were not being scrutinized by the president of the company and just sang the song the best you could. They did not say anything throughout your little performance, and when you finally finished, there was still no reaction. After a while of fidgeting, Mr. Yang finally cleared his throat and opened his mouth to say something, but he seemed to have lost what he was about to say. He shook his head and pulled out a folder.

“I would like to sign you up to be part of QT3 as the third and last official member.” Mr. Yang pushed the folder towards you and motioned for you to pick it up. You walked towards his desk and slowly picked up the folder. There was a contract inside, a piece of paper than can permanently change your life.

“But… what happens to my class? Will I have to quit becoming a nurse?” You asked him. The whole reason your parents pushed you to go to Korea was to study to become a nurse. You don’t know how they would react if they found out that you quit it to become an idol.

“You don’t have to worry about that Ms. ------. You can continue to take your classes, but we do request that you take online classes instead. We need you to be extremely focused in this group but we are willing to compromise and still let you take classes to become a nurse.” You just stare at him, about to agree but remember the rules for the scholarship.

“I can’t! The only way I can stay in Korea is to continue studying in Korea University. If I don’t, I will be kicked out of here.” Yours eyebrows furrowed in distress at that thought.

“Ah you don’t need to worry about that. Mr. Kim already told me about your situation and if you do sign this contract, we can register you to become a permanent resident for Korea. *Dang, they really have thought about this. They have a solution for everything.*

“So what will it be Ms.-----.” Mr. Kim said. You looked at him with a troubled look on your face. He gave you an encouraging smile and you bit your lip. You stared at the line that was waiting for your signature. *It’s now or never.* You thought to yourself as you picked up a pen and signed your name.