First Interview Part 2

My Life as a K-Pop Idol

 

“What do you mean by that?”

Eun Hee looked at you to see if she can say that you weren’t looking for a relationship. You gave her a smile, indicating that it is completely fine.

“My dongsaeng here is not looking for a relationship or love at this point. With her school and all of the things she needs to do for QT3, she doesn’t really have any time for one. None of us have time to even meet guys because of our busy schedule, let alone date anyone.” She answered truthfully. You still have not said to them the real reason. They still didn’t know about Brenna and Aaron. No one in Korea knows anything about them and how they were the tipping point of you actually agreeing to live here and the reason why you didn’t want to fall for anyone. You didn’t think your heart was ready for another chance of being hurt.

“Ah that’s sad to hear. Especially for me! I was hoping ---- and me could go on a date!” One of the hosts cried exaggeratedly at this, making such a big fuss and pretending like he was heartbroken. You laughed at him, thinking that he was such a funny guy. The two other hosts were acting along with him, pretending to console him of his broken heart.

A few questions were asked of Hana and Eun Hee, and suddenly the topic of your studies came up.

“So we heard that you were studying to become a nurse? That’s really admirable. How do you manage to find enough time to do that?”

“It is really hard, and even getting harder as we get more popular, but I do my best to leave enough room for both being an idol and my school.”

“Yeah for unnie to balance both of those, she barely gets 5 hours of sleep each night.” Hana added

 “------- Also makes time doing other hobbies that she has like cooking and baking for us. I don’t even know how she has the time to do anything else.” Eun Hee added. You blushed at hearing them compliment you.

“Wah! ----- is good at cooking and baking?” A host asked, shocked.

“Yeah she’s the best! Bom unnie always complains when ----unnie cooks or bakes something because she can’t resist eating it.” Hana said with a small laugh.

“You definitely have to let us try some of your cooking -----.” You nodded at them seeing no problem with it.

“Not only is she beautiful, caring and amazing at singing, but she also cooks and bakes! Wah definitely my ideal women. ------ Marry me!” The host got down on his knees in front of you while the other host started to laugh at him. You three couldn’t help yourself and just burst out in laughter!

“Ya! Do you think you match with her? You are old enough to be her father!” The host finally got up from in front of you and sat back down.

“Did you three watch out last show with Shinee?” One of them asked you three. All of you shook your head, saying you didn’t have the chance because you were all pretty busy with promoting your songs.

“Well the topic of QT3 came up in our discussion and we had the opportunity to ask them a few questions.”

You three nodded your head at them, curious and wanting him to continue. You and Hana looked at each other and smiled widely. One of the hosts saw that and questioned it.

Eun Hee playfully rolled her eyes at you two and answered the host.

“You see what I have to deal with? They turn from idols into fangirls the moment they hear a group that they like.”

“Ah so Hana and ----- are fans of Shinee?” Another host asked excitedly.

“Yup! Unnie and I really adore listening to their songs.” Hana answered excitedly.

“Wah! I know they will be extremely happy to hear that! Especially someone we all know.” The three hosts laughed at some inside joke that you three did not understand. You three looked at the giggling hosts and frowned. They were in their own little world and you three had no clue what they could possibly be talking about.

“What do you mean by that?”You asked confused. The three hosts stared at you with a secretive smirk on their faces. You worriedly looked at Hana and bit your lip.

“What could they possibly be thinking about?” You whispered to her.

“I don’t know unnie, but those smirks on their faces are totally creeping me out.” She whispered back.

“Okay can you three girls tell us who your favorite member is in Shinee?” One host asked after they finally got snapped themselves out of whatever world they were in.

Hana answered without hesitation. This person had always been her favorite ever since. “Minho sunbae is definitely my bias.”

They asked Eun Hee about her opinion and she answered truthfully. “I’m not as big of a fangirl as these two over here, but from their voices alone, I would have to say that I really like Jonghyun sunbae and Onew sunbae.” 

“How about you ------?” All of a sudden everyone’s attention was on you and you felt a bit taken back. It seemed as if the hosts were inspecting you, impatiently waiting for your answer. You were feeling a little playful and decided to pretend to think about it.

“Well… Hm let’s see… who’s my favorite you say. That’s a bit hard for me to answer. Every member in Shinee is amazing.” The hosts were still staring at you expectantly, waiting for you to answer their question.

“Yes they are all wonderful, but to you, who shines the brightest? Who captures your attention the most?” one of them finally blurted out after a few seconds of silence, you laughed at their sudden impatience.

“Wah making me pick is so hard. There is a quality in each and every single one of them that I really like.” You thought carefully on their question. You never really gave it much though, because you thought of them as a single unit and everyone was integral to complete Shinee.

“Trying to get an answer from you is like pulling a tooth isn’t it -----?” One host joked, the audience laughed at his little joke and one host still looked at you with a scheming look on his face.

“Alright the suspense is killing me so I’ll ask directly. What do you think of Taemin?” The three hosts once again looked eagerly at you. Hana and Eun Hee suddenly put two and two together and figured it out. The host seems to know something about Taemin and you were part of it.

“Taemin? Hm I haven’t really thought about it.” You answered honestly.

“Ouch that must have been painful to hear.” One of the hosts said. Another one turned to the camera and bowed in apology. “Mianhe Taemin. We tried.”

“Aigoo, he will definitely be sad to hear that.”

“Why? What? What’s happening?” you asked confused.

“Aish sometimes you can be so clueless unnie! Even I figured out what they were trying to hint at. I think Taemin sunbae likes you!” Hana said exasperatedly. Eun Hee laughed at her and you turned to look at her.

“Sometimes you can be a little clueless. I think that is exactly what the three hosts are hinting at.” She said.

Your eyes widened in shock and you turned to look at the hosts to confirm it.

“Yup that is correct. With every question that we asked, his answer was always you ----. We would asks questions like who they would like to met, who they would like to be stranded in an island with, who they would wish to buy a drink for between you three, and his answer was always all you without any hesitation.” One of them exclaimed.

“He’s definitely fallen for your charms -----!” Another hosts said. You couldn’t help but blush at that. *Wow.* Was the only thought going around in your head. Someone like Taemin can actually say that about you.

“Ah look at her! She looks so embarrassed!” Eun Hee said, giggling.

“Unnie! Now you have to tell everyone what you think of him! It’s only fair since he has shown how much he likes you already. He definitely would love to hear what you think of him.” Hana teased you. You glared at them, uncomfortable at being put on the spot.

“That would be a perfect idea! Please ---- turn to the camera and leave him a video message. I know for sure that he is going to watch this.” The host pointed at the camera for you to look at, and it almost seemed impossible, but you blushed even harder. *What am I suppose to say?* You though frantically.

Everyone was waiting for you to start and you finally looked shyly at the camera. You cleared your throat and tried to come up with something to say.

“Um Taemin sunbae, thank you very much for picking me for all of those questions. It definitely is an honor and I feel very flattered. I think you are an amazing idol and I love watching you dance. Maybe I can see you dance in person?” You finished your little message and heard everyone screaming. The whole set was in an uproar with what you said. They were all giggling and awing at the cute message that you gave to him.

“Wah! Taemin is probably blushing right now! Taemin you hear that? ---- just said she wanted to see you and watch you dance! Aigoo you lucky boy!” A host said, making you blush even more. It definitely was a bit awkward for you to say that but everyone was definitely expecting something like that.

Another host turned to the camera. “Taemin fighting!” You covered your face with your hands, completely wiped out from the embarrassment this was giving you. You were starting to feel bad for Taemin that they were teasing him and trying to lump you two together.

Hana and Eun Hee noticed your discomfort and started to talk to the hosts, trying to take the attention away from you so that you had a few moments to calm down and to move the conversation away from Taemin.

After a few moments, there were no more mentions of him and you felt comfortable once again. It definitely was not because you didn’t like Taemin as a person, in fact he definitely is a great catch, but the talk of you and another guy was making you feel a bit queasy.

The topic was on a whole different topic and they were all talking about the future plans of QT3. You listened along, preferring to not get all of the attention on you again.

There were a few more questions that you answered and finally, the show was coming to a close.

“So we heard that Eun Hee can speak some Chinese, Hana can speak some Japanese and of course ----- here is fluent in English. Do you guys want to leave a message to your international fans in these languages?”

You three agreed, seeing nothing wrong with the request. Eun Hee was able to properly say a message in Chinese, while Hana stumbled on some words, but overall got her message through to QT3’s Japanese fans.

It was your turn so you held up the mic and looked into the camera.

Hi fans of QT3. Thank you for the support you guys have given us and thank you for liking our songs. We hope to show you more of ourselves in the future and I hope that you all continue to support us. We love you all and thank you once again.”

You bowed to the camera after you were finished and gave a smile as well.

“Thank you guys! That was amazing I know your fans would be happy to hear your messages to them.”

Throughout the interview, you three were just laughing at their antics, completely comfortable in front of the camera and the audience. Everything went without a hitch. A few more questions were asked of you three and by the end of the show, you all felt comfortable in front of the camera and started to joke around with the hosts as well. You had a great time and you didn’t think you spent a minute in that show without laughing, other than the topic of Taemin, which you really had no idea on how to react.

“Alright everyone! That’s all the time we have with our beautiful girls! Congratulations for your successes and good luck in your career! You three have our full support! QT3 fighting!”