Dukboki

My Life as a K-Pop Idol

 

The release of QT3’s mini album had mind-blowing responses. Many of the songs in there were in music chart’s top songs. The fans had positive responses to all of the songs and QT3’s fan base is quickly growing. There has been talk about trying to create a name for QT3’s fans.

You caught your mind drifting away from your studies again as you thought of QT3’s successes so far. You shook your head and refocused you eyes to the text on your book. Although QT3 was doing well, you didn’t want to give up your parent’s dream of you becoming a nurse.

A few minutes into reading, your mind started to drift again into the recent performance where QT3 was able to win a trophy. A huge smile broke out when you thought about it.

“Yah! I don’t see any studying being done here.” You turned around and saw Taeyang walking towards you with a smile on his face.

“Wah oppa, why do you always bother me when I’m trying to learn.” You pouted at him as he took a seat beside you.

“Hey, I’m not being a bother! I’m here to entertain you and give your brain a break from all of this stuff.” He pointed at the books in front of you with a small little frown.

“My brain does not need a break from this. In fact I actually need to spend more time reading these. Being an idol takes up a lot more time than I thought.” You sighed at that.

“Yup, it definitely is a full time job. I admire that you’re trying to squeeze in school with it. I know it’s difficult.”

“Don’t I know it.” You leaned back in your chair and gave one long sigh.

Taeyang sat up from his resting position and stared at you. “Remember that day you told me you never tasted dokkbuki before?” You nodded your head, wondering why he was suddenly bringing that up.

“Well during a small trip with Big Bang, we discovered this really awesome dukboki stand.” He stood up and held your hand, pulling you up with him. You opened your eyes, wondering what he was trying to do.

 

“Let’s go there.” He said with a smile. You stared at him as if he had grown another head.

“Oppa? Did you forget that you were an idol?” You asked him disbelievingly.

“And you are too. So what? Does that mean we cant eat dokkbuki?” You shook your head at him.

“Oppa, if we go out there, people will recognize us, especially you, and then what? What do we say if we cause a commotion?”

“Aish you worry too much. If that happens and people ask, I’ll just say I’m treating my hoobae to some delicious dokkbuki. Now stop worrying too much and get ready.”

He was pulling you towards your dorm and you had to stop him. He was too excited that he forgot that you had all of your things scattered on the table.

“Wait oppa. Are you forgetting something?” You raised your eyebrows at him and pointed to the table.

“Oh.” He said and went back, helping you pick up your things quickly.

~~~~~~~

“Oppa, do you think this is enough to make sure we don’t stand out?” You asked as you fixed the hood on your head. You were wearing a hoodie and had your hair down; making sure your face was as covered as possible.

“You’re good. Now let’s go before anyone tags along and makes me pay for them too.” Taeyang joked and you laughed at him.

“Wah! I never expected that THE Teayang is so stingy. Wait till you’re fans hear about this!” You laughed at him as he playfully glared at you.

“You wouldn’t dare tell. This stays between you and me. And if it doesn’t… let’s just say someone will not be getting free dukboki anytime soon!” You laughed at him again as he pulled a hat over his head. He took your hand and started to pull you towards the garage of the building. It was where his car was waiting for you two.

You two were almost there when you bumped into someone. Looking up, you noticed that it was T.O.P.

You gave him a guilty little smile as he caught you and Taeyang trying to sneak out.

“Where do you two think you’re going? It’s almost dark.” He said with a stern little look.

“Ah Taeyang oppa said he was going to treat me to some dukboki. I’ve never had it before and he said he found an amazing place to try some.” He just stared at you two with a small thoughtful look on his face.

“I’m going too.” You laughed at that.

“Hahaha Taeyang oppa! It seems like your plan to not have to pay for more people failed.” Taeyang pretended to be angry at that but he just smiled and looked at T.O.P.

“Sure thing hyung, grab a hat and we can go.”

After everyone was ready in Taeyang’s car, you three set to your destination.

“I’m expecting it to be really delicious oppa. This is quite a risk we are taking by trying this.”

“It’s really good. I’d say even addicting.” T.O.P answered for him.

“Hyung is definitely right on that. We just went last week and I’ve been craving for it since them.”

“Yah oppa! So treating me to some is just an excuse for you to fill up your addiction?” You laughed at the flustered look on his face while you and T.O.P laughed at him.

“Do we need to take out 100 pounds of that stuff for you Taeyang? That way you wont need to find an excuse to get some and just have it ready at hand.” T.O.P joined in the teasing. You laughed as Taeyang just rolled his eyes at you two. He had a small smile on his face as you two continued to about his addiction to dukboki.

“Alright we’re here.” Taeyang stopped the car at the curb and you looked out to see restaurant that they were talking about. You didn’t see anything but small vendor cart. You frowned at that.

“There is nothing here but that.” You pointed at it and saw that both of the guys laughed at you.

“That’s it.” Taeyang said as he put the car on break. You got out of the car and stared in amazement at what they said had awesome dukboki.

“Look at her expression!” T.O.P laughed as he saw your confused look. Taeyang joined him and laughed at you. He took your hand and started to pull you to the cart. T.O.P frowned at seeing this. Not willing to be outdone by him, he took your other hand. You looked at him, confused on why he did that.

“My hand was getting cold.” Was his excuse. You rolled your eyes at him but left your hand where it was.

Taeyang greeted the old lady that was sitting behind the cart. You looked at the cart, it being the fist dokkbuki vendor cart you have ever seen.

Taeyang handed you a little skewer and told you to try it. You release both of their hands and took it. Looking curiously at the red glob in front of you, you stabbed at the closest rice cake. Blowing on it to make sure it wasn’t too hot; you took a bit and was groaned.

“This is delicious!” Both T.O.P and Teayang who have been watching you to see your reaction smiled.

“Told you so.” Was all Taeyang said before he dung in to. T.O.P followed his lead and started to eat his fill.

After about half an hour of eating, you were stuff. “I can’t eat anymore.” You said as you rubbed your stomach.

Taeyang and T.O.P finished as well with satisfied smiles on their faces. “That definitely is the best.”

Taeyang paid the old lady and thanked her for the food. The night was darkening as you three walked back to the car.

“Thank you so much Taeyang oppa. That really was delicious.” He smiled at you and started the car.

“No problem. If you’re every craving it again, tell me.” He looked at his mirror to make sure it was safe and he pulled out of the curb.

“Hey if you two are going, I’m going too.” T.O.P added. You just laughed at them as they argued on that. After a day of studying, this really was an amazing end of the day. 

--------------

Hoped you guys enjoyed this little cute chapter with the three of them. Thanks again for reading!