When The Dragon and The Unicorn Shares A Kiss

When The Dragon and The Unicorn Meets

 

The reunion wasn't quite dramatic as Lay have seen in the movies where the main actor and the main actress would run towards each other, shed tears of joy and kiss each other.  As much as Lay wanted a kissing scene for himself and Kris, they couldn't even hold hands since Kris had to help Lay carry his luggage as they went to the nearest hotel just a few blocks away.
 
 
Lay couldn't help but notice how Kris kept on looking at their surroundings.  "Haven't been to a hotel before?"
 
 
"I've only been in the human world for 3 years and yet, every time I enter a house or a building, it never seized to amaze me."  Kris watched in amazement as the elevator doors opened.  He followed Lay inside.  His eyes remained wide with amazement as the elevator started to go up which made Kris look at the view outside the glass wall of the elevator.
 
 
Lay chuckled.  "So I take it you haven't experienced riding an elevator either."
 
 
"No but I have tried the esc...escal..."
 
 
"Escalator."  Lay provided.  He thought Kris looked too cool and handsome but the lack of knowledge, ruined that image but still, Lay thought it was cute.  Besides, they have their long lives ahead of them.  Their life span remained the same as a unicorn and a dragon.
 
 
The elevator stopped.  Lay lead the way towards their room and Kris simply followed him.  When they were finally inside the room, they dropped the luggages on the floor.  Lay instantly plopped down on the bed and marveled the soft mattress while Kris went out to the small balcony and looked at the city's view.  
 
 
"It'll be nice to fly as a dragon above a city like this."  Kris commented.
 
 
"You'll scare off the humans and they'll hunt you down."  Lay replied with his voice was slightly muffled by the pillow that his head was currently buried onto.
 
 
"I know but I would rather be a human if it means being able to be with you."  Kris went back inside the room and sat on Lay's bed.  "I prefer you being a human too.  Now you wouldn't be able to poke me with your horn."  He chuckled in a way which Lay thought sounded quite y to his ears.
 
 
"And without a horn, I'm able to do this."  Lay instantly sat up and gently pressed his forehead against Kris.  The tip of their noses were touching.  "And in human form, I can do this."  Lay pressed his lips against Kris.  He felt very much happy to finally have his dramatic reunion kissing scene.
 
 
After sharing a few more kisses, they laid in each other's arms contentedly.  For once, Lay was silent and Kris was doing the talking.  He talked about the war, about how many times he almost died, about the dragons he used to know very well betrayed him and how he learned to put his trust on the right dragons.  When they won the war, he talked about the things he and the other dragons did to restore their clan and land.  
 
 
Everything went smoothly afterwards until they started to pressure Kris about having a wife and having descendants.  He knew that would be one of his duties as a prince but of all the duties he had to do, that is one thing that he really couldn't fulfill because he loved Lay.  He told his parents and the rest of the dragons that he loved Lay.  They were already in shock that he was in love with a male so he didn't bother to tell them that Lay was a unicorn.
 
 
After announcing about it, he made a quick goodbye to his parents and close friends, packed some food, then went on a journey back in the Forest of Myst.  It took a lot of years again but it was better because he had brought some food with him this time around.  The gatekeeper decided to be nice too so Kris was only lost in the forest for a shorter span of time than the first time.
 
 
"Although I've experienced and seen a lot of beautiful things here in the human world for the past 3 years, I couldn't appreciate it because I was too busy looking for you.  Every time I saw a couple, I was worried that perhaps you stopped waiting for me and moved on."  Kris voiced out his concerns only to find Lay already asleep in his arms.  He wondered how much of his story Lay had actually heard.
 
 
Lay woke up when he felt a kiss on his lips.  "Oh ... I fell asleep.  Sorry Kris."
 
 
"It's okay.  I can just tell you all about it again tomorrow morning.  You must be tired right now so just get some sleep."  Kris placed another kiss on Lay's lips which Lay responded back all too happily.
 
 
"Goodnight."  Lay cuddled against Kris' warmth.
 
 
Both were finally able to get a really good night sleep after all these years.
 
 
To Be Continued....
 
 
A/N:  WHAT THE?!?! I swear this was supposed to be the ending but s***, my brain popped up with another idea again X__X  I did entertain the thought of writing a but I think a on first meeting would be too soon @__@ so... perhaps in the next/last chap? I still won't promise anything though~ XD So don't expect too much~ but I do promise a happy ending~ XD